Aliens

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
sheltiez
Hexadecimal teenager

Aliens

Post by sheltiez »

Do you believe that there is other life besides what is on earth? Could another planet be inhabited? What do you think as a Christian?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My inclination is there probably isn't anything too exciting out there, although there is certainly the possibility...

If there is anything intelligent enough to be of any interest out there I assume we are distant enough that there will never ever be any interaction between us, so meh. ;)

As a Christian... I... don't think my faith has any affect on my view of aliens. >_>
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

It's a definite possibility that there is other lifeforms out there. Or the rats and mice are controlling us. Not sure which.

I don't think we'll ever really know, and I think all the alien conspiracy theories are dumb.

I'm not sure why it would have an effect on anyone's faith, though.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
sheltiez
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by sheltiez »

I believe that there are other planets out there that are inhabited by other creatures. I think that the earth is the only one that has fallen and that the other ones are still perfect. I know it sounds wierd, but it is what I believe from studying the Bible and reading what theologists say on the subject.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Would that mean that those people had the ability to resist Satan's temptations, while humans did not? How does that work with the bible's saying 'All have sinned'?

Personally, I don't believe in aliens (beings on other planets).
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

sheltiez wrote:I believe that there are other planets out there that are inhabited by other creatures. I think that the earth is the only one that has fallen and that the other ones are still perfect. I know it sounds wierd, but it is what I believe from studying the Bible and reading what theologists say on the subject.
What part of the Bible? Which theologists?
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Kait wrote:It's a definite possibility that there is other lifeforms out there. Or the rats and mice are controlling us. Not sure which.

I don't think we'll ever really know, and I think all the alien conspiracy theories are dumb.

I'm not sure why it would have an effect on anyone's faith, though.
Love the "Hitch-Hiker's" reference!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Douglas Adams FTW!!!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ique
Found

Post by ique »

Of course there's aliens. All you need to do to find that out is watch Ancient Aliens for like 5 minutes. They're obviously behind all of the world's greatest wonders.