2012 Summer Olympics

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I've been a couch potato and have been flipping between the four channels we have that are showing various things. \:D/ My favorite so far has been the USA men's archery team beating out North Korea for the gold medal game. LET'S GO.

Oh, and the cyclist from Kazakhstan winning the gold medal for the road race... he's already retired and rejoined the sport, and supposedly this would be his actual final competition. He was crying after the race, and everyone was coming up to hug him. Kudos to the German who crashed and pushed through... even though he finished minutes behind everyone else. Sad thing was he was the one to beat for the medal, too.

And Michael Phelps BARELY made the final for the men's 400m. >_> By like, .30 seconds or something. I was irritated. Lochte looked really good, though.

Some American is in the women's foil semi finals. Fencing.

Uhhh... USA ladies beat Colombia 3-0, so they've secured their semi final spot. For soccer, that is.

The women's semi finals for foil is starting. Woot. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This opening ceremony was definitely my favorite ever. It was big, but not unreasonable.
And the James Bond bit with the queen was absolutely great.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Tomorrow night is the team finals for women's gymnastics...USA could have a chance this year. FINALLY :x

The men perform tonight, but I wasn't impressed with their qualification round, so I think I'll pass on the finals :|
*insert provocative quote here*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The first match point for Misty May and Kerri Walsh was incredible! I’ve never seen a more hard earned point in beach volleyball.
I thought it was great enough that they’re going for an unprecedented third consecutive gold, but I didn’t realize that they’ve also never lost a single set! That’s amazing!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Olympics have been a major fail for me this year. >_>

So far, all I've seen is a Mr. Bean clip and the highlights from the first swim by Michael Phelps. For some reason, our TV won't pick up NBC (every other channel works fine), and to my dismay, you need a cable subscription to watch streaming video replays on NBC's website. Therefore, my only option is to try to find a second-hand stream. Those are such a headache. :( This is the 21st century; why is everything not broadcast live over the internet? I hate TV. :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

^ I hope you can figure out some way to watch it..that doesn't really help, but.. ;)

Yay for Missy Franklin. \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

bookworm wrote:This opening ceremony was definitely my favorite ever. It was big, but not unreasonable.
Agreed.
The only reason Bejing was considered "the best" (as said by many people), was because it was just really big.
I think they tried way too hard.
I mean, it was HUGE,
but the creativity was lacking...

The way I see it, London kind of said "There's no way we can beat China in bigness, so we should just make it as creative as possible."

I think they did a great job.
I especially love how they went through pretty much the entire history of the area, and the torch was wonderful!

However...
I still believe Canada had the best opening ceremony back in '10.

But London is deffinitely a very close second.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I actually didn't see the opening ceramony.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

*GASP*

You heathen!
How DARE you not watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony?!?!?
:noway: :shame:

You must go to NBC.com this instant and watch it before you explode!!!!
:shock: :D \:D/
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I haven't watched the Olympics at all. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

JCGJ wrote:The way I see it, London kind of said "There's no way we can beat China in bigness, so we should just make it as creative as possible."
That’s actually exactly what they said. And they did a great job.

AE, this site is the best I’ve found so far for streams. Just make sure you don’t fall for the ads, like with any streaming site.
When you select an event just let the timer count down and you should be good to go. (You may need to close an ad or two over the player to get it to actually start.)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
JCGJ wrote:The way I see it, London kind of said "There's no way we can beat China in bigness, so we should just make it as creative as possible."
That’s actually exactly what they said. And they did a great job.

AE, this site is the best I’ve found so far for streams. Just make sure you don’t fall for the ads, like with any streaming site.
When you select an event just let the timer count down and you should be good to go. (You may need to close an ad or two over the player to get it to actually start.)
Thanks. I have used that site before, but it always seems to give me issues.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Bookworm, do you happen to know of a website where you can watch past events?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

And the US takes gold in the Gymnastic Finals. \:D/

But Micheal Phelps definitely blew it in the Fly 200. Most decorated Olympian ever or not.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:Lochte looked really good, though.
Lochte is beautiful.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:Thanks. I have used that site before, but it always seems to give me issues.
I watched several events on it the other day with no problems. Once in a while you find a scam stream, but just move on to another one. Like I said, you shouldn’t have to do anything other than load the page and let the timer go down automatically. It takes no interaction, so if you were having problems it was most likely just a bad stream.
Woody wrote:Bookworm, do you happen to know of a website where you can watch past events?
I would usually recommend NBC’s Olympic archive, they put full replays up of most events, but it seems this year those are restricted to watch. You should be able to check out the highlight reels though. I’ll get back to you if I find somewhere else.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Jeffery Dallas wrote:And the US takes gold in the Gymnastic Finals. \:D/
It was sheer domination \:D/ I was thrilled for the team...they were absolutely fabulous from beginning to end. Jordan Wieber and Aly Raisman, my two favorites from the team, did so well! Ah, Jordan especially, she was gorgeous! :inlove:

McKayla stuck her vault perfectly and I almost screamed...I mean, the height and the execution?! She was literally four feet above the vaulting table. It was beautiful!

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know, that was the best vault I have ever seen!
I often have disagreements with the scoring in gymnastics because it’s subjective to the judges, but seriously, that should have been a perfect score.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I love the judge's open mouth at 1:40. :P
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

bookworm wrote:I know, that was the best vault I have ever seen!
I often have disagreements with the scoring in gymnastics because it’s subjective to the judges, but seriously, that should have been a perfect score.

The judging is weird this year...usually it's not this critical :(

Jordan BELONGS in the All-Around, and she didn't make it. Really? That's just absurd. The qualification round was such a joke :roll:

That's my only issue with sports like gymnastics or diving. The judges are human. And humans have the disturbing tendency to make mistakes :p