Mister Rogers Remixed

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Mister Rogers Remixed

Post by DanP740 »

Mister Rogers Remixed. \:D/

StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

You know... I was not expecting that.

Brilliant.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Wow...
I thought this was going to be something making fun of Mr. Rogers, but that was actually really cool.
I loved Mr. Rogers when I was little.
I actually considered him to be my friend and "neighbor" (I know that seems weird, but it's true).
Thanks for sharing this!
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

In my opinion, Mr. Rogers was the best educational kids program out there. I can still remember parts of the show where we learned about factories, jobs and how things are made.

This video is a fitting tribute.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I actually like it...wasn't a goof-off thing--actually well-done!

All the good kids' shows died with Mr. Rogers. :(
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Cool, its even officially through PBS apparently. \:D/

Mr. Rogers was easily one of the most self-less people of the modern era... he'd always go out of his way to talk to people and was an all around nice guy.

TOP'S RANDOM MR. ROGERS FACTS

-One time thieves stole his car from in front of the TV studio. It made the news and the next day it was back with a note saying "If we had known it was yours, we wouldn't have stolen it."

-Mr. Rogers came out of retirement to film a final show in the wake of 9-11 to help calm the kiddies.

-Mr. Rogers responded to every letter he received.

-Mr. Rogers would get to know every random person he encountered. If a driver was hired to take him around he'd end up having him sit in on all the interviews he did instead of having to wait in the car. Every reporter who did a story on him he would keep in touch with after.

-Mr. Rogers kept his weight at 143 lbs his entire adult life! He said each number represented the numbers of letters in a word, giving the message "I love you." I think that was kind of weird but it shows he was a nice guy I guess. >_>

-Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.

-Mr Rogers woke up at 5am every morning and spent hours in prayer.

-When Top was a really little kid he thought that Mr. Rogers could see him through the television. :shock:
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

The Top Crusader wrote:When Top was a really little kid he thought that Mr. Rogers could see him through the television. :shock:
LOL that's awesome. \:D/ Thanks for the fact list--pretty cool guy.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Mr. Rogers sounds amazing.....but I never heard of him before..:( Heh, maybe when I have kids, I'll buy a CD of his show.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

*GASP!*
Never heard of Mr. Rogers?!
You poor depraved child!
:D
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

~JCGJ~ wrote:*GASP!*
You poor depraved child!
You know, I was about just born when the show finished, right?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Joy wrote:
You poor depraved child!
It's on PBS Kids every week and it used to be on every day. You have no excuse. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

American Eagle wrote:
Joy wrote:
You poor depraved child!
It's on PBS Kids every week and it used to be on every day. You have no excuse. ;)
I don't get any TV channels 'cept CTV, CTV 2, TVO, and occasionally Global. We just got TV about a year ago.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

There are some full episodes online. You still have no excuse. :noway:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

When I was short, I used to get up to watch it at 6:30 5 days a week. :noway:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

bookworm wrote:There are some full episodes online. You still have no excuse. :noway:
Uh, I only discovered how to watch full stuff online on places besides Youtube this year, plus, I never heard of it!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

There's no excuse to not have heard of Mister Rogers.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I met Mister McFeely.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

American Eagle wrote:
Joy wrote:
You poor depraved child!
Only on once a week now? How sad. :( Plus I assume PBS kids is a separate station from regular PBS? If so that limits its availability even more... :( All children should be forced to watch it! :x
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

The two times I've watched this right after it came out, I totally teared up. Not exaggerating. Mister Rogers was a staple of my childhood! That and Sesame Street were all there was for preschoolers when I was small. I think the puppets are creepy, but I love the rest of the show. Something about the sweater and shoe changing predicability is very soothing. \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

The Top Crusader wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Joy wrote:
You poor depraved child!
Only on once a week now? How sad. :( Plus I assume PBS kids is a separate station from regular PBS? If so that limits its availability even more... :( All children should be forced to watch it! :x
PBS Kids is just the kids programming part of the regular channel. It's all the same channel.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011