RIP Dick Beals "Nicolas Adamsworth"

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

RIP Dick Beals "Nicolas Adamsworth"

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

According to Wikipedia, ( I know, I know) Dick Beals died yesterday at the age of 85. He was remembered for many years of voice work, with Davey and Goliath with Hal Smith in the 1960's. He played Nicolas Adamsworth on AIO a few times. He was in his 60's playing a pre teenager.
He was a pretty good character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Beals

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

For some reason I thought he was older and had already passed away. Glad to know he lived longer than I expected. Rest in peace all the same, he did a lot of great voice work.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I remember being amazed when I first read that Nicholas Adamsworth was played by an older gentleman. That was a long time ago and he seemed old then already, but making it to 85 is quite an accomplishment! Thanks for the link, Jimmy. It sounds like he will definitely be missed. :)

I found a nice little article about him. Click here.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Here's his obituary from the Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/ ... 0858.story

Jeremy
OdysseyFan
I've been here a bit

Post by OdysseyFan »

sad
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:I remember being amazed when I first read that Nicholas Adamsworth was played by an older gentleman.
He had a glandular condition that affected his growth, giving him that iconic voice and keeping him to just 4 feet 6 inches tall.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Oh my goodness, i had no idea he was so old!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)