Australia

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
aussie aio fan
OK
Australia

Post by aussie aio fan »

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Australia.
What are some of the things that you know about Australia? Can you name all the states and territories? What do you think of Australians? etc.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

P Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney!!!
I didn't know that Australia had states and territories.
I knew it had kangaroos, platypus, koalas, kookaburras and tons of other cool animals! I had a puzzle with a bunch of Australian animals on it.
I think Australians are nice. I know a girl from there and she's really nice. They have a cool accent. ;) I like Keith Urban too, and he lives in Australia sometimes.

Australian lifeguards are like magic!!! I saw them revive a dead person in a youtube video. It was so cool!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I did a country report on Australia! \:D/

So many cool animals. Kangaroos, Koalas, Wombats, frill-necked lizards....
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria (i think, or something like that), West Australia, South Australia, Tanzania (or Tasmania.. can't fully remember), and one other one I believe. \:D/

Eh. They have a knock-off of the British accent (they are descedants of the English convicts... and some aboriginal peoples) which already is stupid, but some guys just pwn with their Aussie accents. Socialized government, I think. Outback is pretty much the interior of the continent (country, whichever term you prefer), mining and ranching are the main industries out there. That's pretty much all I care to remember. ;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I can do a wicked Aussie accent. \:D/ Sometimes. Other times it sounds more English.

I learned it from Football Superstar. BEST. SHOW. EVER.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Australia was home to the REAL Newsboys...back in the day...
he/him | a little stinker.
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

Whitty Whit wrote:New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria (i think, or something like that), West Australia, South Australia, Tanzania (or Tasmania.. can't fully remember), and one other one I believe. \:D/
You got the states mostly right, they are: New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia, and Tasmania.
As for territories there are 2 major mainland territories, Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory, plus a minor mainland territory, Jervis Bay Territory, there are also 7 external territories, Norfolk Island, Christmas Island, Australian Antarctic Territory, the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, the Coral Sea Islands, Ashmore and Cartier Islands, and Heard Island and McDonald Islands. Though I must admit not that many people in Australia would know that much about Jervis Bay Territory or most of the external territories.
Steve wrote:Australia was home to the REAL Newsboys...back in the day...
I would say Newsboys are still an Aussie band.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Anna><> wrote:I knew it had kangaroos, platypus, koalas, kookaburras and tons of other cool animals!
And insanely creepy spiders and trees that sting.

Anywho, I have a friend who, somehow, has managed to live there a couple of months a year the last several years. I think that may be over now, but looking at all her pics and what not has Australia on my travel list.

And yes, they have trees that sting. Look it up.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I wrote a report about Australia when I was in 6th grade. ;) I forget most of what I wrote though so I have only a rudimentary knowledge, cool animals... etc.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

All I know, is that there's brown snakes there. And Kangaroos, and that Australians are descended from the criminals of Europe that they didn't have room in the jails for. :anxious:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I decided when I was little that I would never move to, let alone visit, Australia. Too many insects I have no desire of meeting. :P

I know that many of the people in Australia descended from an overflow of Europe convicts that were 'too numerous'. I can't imagine what they went through to continue their lives in a foreign place. o.O

I also know that Australia is one of the easier places on 'Risk' to hold. ^.^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Steve Irwin, kangaroos, and koala's.

My knowledge of Australia knows no bound!
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I do know that you guys call the country side the Outback. At least when this Australian singer came to my school that's what he called it. A kid in my grade is from Australia, his sister graduated two years ago. They came I think three years ago.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Australia has the best sport ever!

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I knew someone who came from Australia! She has an awesome accent \:D/ Strangely, enough, we Americans kept asking her to pronounce different words. And yes, she liked the American accent (and the British which IS different) just as much as we admired hers.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

In Australia, you have to pay for ketchup packets :(
*insert provocative quote here*
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

I've always wanted to visit! I have heaps of family in Melbourne, Brisbane, and Sydney!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

They own the McDonald islands. That I know.