Odyssey Scattergories

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

King Butter Turtle wrote:It needs to be something Bernard said. :)
Thats what I figured, but I wasn't sure. :P
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

For the third question is it just the last name or is it a character with a last name starting with D?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

The last name itself must begin with D. (i.e. - 'Schmidt (Danny)' doesn't count)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

King Butter Turtle wrote:The last name itself must begin with D. (i.e. - 'Schmidt (Danny)' doesn't count)
Yes I know that but are you judging them by last name or by character?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

aussie aio fan wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:The last name itself must begin with D. (i.e. - 'Schmidt (Danny)' doesn't count)
I think he means... would Donna Barclay and Jimmy Barclay count separately, or are they one because they have the same last name?

(If that's not aussie's question, it's mine. ;))
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

One can only have one response to each question right?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
aussie aio fan
OK
Post by aussie aio fan »

American Eagle wrote:
aussie aio fan wrote:
I think he means... would Donna Barclay and Jimmy Barclay count separately, or are they one because they have the same last name?

Yes that is exactly what I mean.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

American Eagle wrote:
aussie aio fan wrote:

Those would be counted as the same. There's no need to even include a first name so, if two people submit 'Kendall', they will cancel out, even if one was thinking of Connie and the other was thinking of June. :)
snubs wrote:One can only have one response to each question right?
Correct :)
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Are we supposed to post our answers on this thread, or P.M. them to you?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Are we supposed to post our answers on this thread, or P.M. them to you?
PM them to him :yes:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Round 2 Scores

bookworm - 2
snubs - 2
Jehosaphat - 2
Laura Ingalls - 5
shadowdog - 0
American Eagle - 2
woody - 4

Total Scores After Round 2

Jehosophat - 3
snubs - 2
Laura Ingalls - 8
aussie aio fan - 0
Graces4you - 0
woody - 4
bookworm - 3
Jesus' Princess - 1
American Eagle - 2
shadowdog - 2

And now for the rundown...

For 'an episode with Harlow Doyle' several people tried to stretch it with 'The Boy Who Cried 'Destructo'' and 'Delinquent Disciples, The Case of the' but, neither of those counted. There was, in fact, no correct answer for this category.

For 'something to call Bernard', responses included 'crackerjack' :-s , 'dead monkey', 'donut' and 'duck' none of which I could verify. I know of no correct answer for this one either.

For 'a character's last name', three people submitted 'dent', which canceled out and one submitted 'Dierdorf' which I've never heard of and, after some research, couldn't find any reason to accept. The other two answers, though, did score. They were 'Doyle' and 'Digwillow'.

For 'an album title', too many of you went for the alliteration. Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes was submitted by three players. Your best shot was to go with something else. Scoring responses were 'Days to Remember', 'Darkness Before Dawn' and 'Danger Signals'.

For 'something that's served at Whit's End (a menu item)', three responses scored: 'double chocolate malt', 'double raspberry delight shake' (Three O'Clock Call) and 'double dip ice cream cone' (The Buck Starts Here) - another double for Laura Ingalls. =D> Other participants... stretched the category a little. I chose not to accept 'drumstick (popsicle)' or 'dogs (hot)'. Good tries, though. ;)

For 'an episode that takes place outside of Odyssey', I chose to accept episodes that were stories told by someone in Odyssey but, took place outside of it. So, 'Deliver us from Evil' and 'Darien's Rise' scored, along with 'Dead Ends', which has a scene in Connelsville. The only incorrect answer to this one was 'D.C.' which is a city in which several episodes take place but, is not the name of an episode.

Again, feel free to complain about how much I jipped you. ;) Round 3 should be up soon. :)
Last edited by King Butter Turtle on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn’t do Doyle for 3 because I was sure it would already be canceled by someone since it was right in 1 #-o
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I sent in Darkness before Dawn, Darien's Rise, and Double Dip Surprise but my score still reads 0!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm surprised no one submitted Dern for the last name...I almost went with that myself. :-

And if we were playing by my family's house rules, Delinquent Disciples, The Case of the would have counted. \:D/ But we're not, so I'm not surprised it didn't. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Unless you can prove that Bernard never mentioned a duck, it should totally count. :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I'm surprised no one submitted Dern for the last name...I almost went with that myself. :-
I thought of using it, but I figure everyone would be using it as well. *shrugs*

...And Mr. Dierdorf was in an episode. The character was played by Will Ryan in the episode "The Twilife Zone." *nods*

For the "episode that takes place outside of Odyssey," I kept thinking of places and not episodes titles... #-o
Last edited by snubs on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody

Post by Woody »

Woody wrote:I sent in Darkness before Dawn, Darien's Rise, and Double Dip Surprise but my score still reads 0!
May I repeat myself?!? I sent in these answers, but my score reads 0!!!!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My Round 2 submissions:
2. Fill me with popcorn and call me crackerjack! (Totally forgot their was a letter restriction :P )
3. Dent, Arthur
4. Daring Deeds, Sinister Schemes
5. Double chocolate malt (Pranks For the Memories)
6. Dead Ends
Woody

Post by Woody »

LETTER = 'D'
3. A character's last name: Dent(Arthur)
4. An album title: Darkness before Dawn
5. Something that's served at Whit's End (a menu item) : Double Dip Surprise
6. An episode that takes place outside of Odyssey.: Darien's Rise

And here are my submissions
Last edited by Woody on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

American Eagle wrote:Unless you can prove that Bernard never mentioned a duck, it should totally count. :noway:
I know you're used to American freedoms but, here it's GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!!! :x
snubs wrote:...And Mr. Dierdorf was in an episode. The character was played by Will Ryan in the episode "The Twilife Zone." *nods*
*listens to the episode*

You're right! Wow - very impressive. -score changed
woody wrote:I sent in Darkness before Dawn, Darien's Rise, and Double Dip Surprise but my score still reads 0!
Doh! I totally just skipped over you - second time I've done that, too. ](*,) Sorry about that.