Odyssey Scattergories

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I was laughing because it sounded really funny....and now that you posted that clip, I remember that quote from the movie. :lol:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Back to Scattergories, I think. :-
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I forgot about this... Is it too late, I wonder...?

\:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

No, you have till tonight for round one. :)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Is it too late to join?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Is it too late to join?
Nah, as long as KBT didn't post the next round, you're still good.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Does the character from #16 have to be someone who only shows up in #16?
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Scores After Round One

Jehosophat - 1
snubs - 0
Laura Ingalls - 3
aussie aio fan - 0
Graces4you - 0
Shakespeare - 0
bookworm - 1
Jesus' Princess - 1
American Eagle - 0
shadowdog - 2

Quite a low scoring round but, don't worry if you didn't score. There were a lot of good answers given - they just didn't score because they were repeated. I guess I'll do a quick run down of the categories.

For 'A Character in Album 16', the only response given was 'Tom Riley' which is correct but, since almost everyone chose him, no one scored on this one. Other correct responses included 'Tanetta Spafford' (It Is Well) and 'Thomas' (An Adventure in Bethany).

For 'An Imagination Station Adventure', the only scoring response was 'Thomas Edison' from The Potential in Elliot. Two responses didn't score because they canceled each other out (The Tower of Babel), two didn't score because they were actually stories told by a character - not Imagination Station adventures (Telemachus and Three Funerals and a Wedding) and two didn't score because they were the name of the episode rather than the adventure (The Imagination Station, Revisited and The Mortal Coil) (I'm not sure about The Imagination Station, Revisited but, in The Mortal Coil the name of the program is 'Life After Death')

For 'An Episode Without Whit', 'Third Degree' and 'The Fifth House on the Left' scored, 'Tom for Mayor' was repeated and 'A Little Credit Please'... doesn't start with 'T'. :anxious: Other correct responses included 'The Fundamentals', 'The Election Deception', 'The Truth About Zachary' (double), 'The Good, the Bad and the Butch' and 'The Perfect Witness' among others.

For, 'A Street in Odyssey', only one answer was submitted and it was correct. 'Third Street' is mentioned in The Buck Stops Here (the mud war is between the guys from first street and third street) It is a bit of a stretch since it would probably be written as '3rd St.' on a sign, which doesn't technically begin with 'T' but, that was a very challenging one, so I counted it.

For, 'A Store in Odyssey', no one scored. Four players submitted 'The Electric Palace', one submitted 'The Golden Glass Company' (not in Odyssey) and one submitted 'The Harlequin Theatre', which I gave consideration to but, couldn't justify it being called 'a store'.

For, 'A Location or Object having to do with the Novacom Saga', two points were scored. 'The Novabox' and 'The Tower' both were repeated so, only 'The Timothy Center' counted. Kudos to Laura Ingalls for the only alliterative double-pointer this round. =D>

All facts were checked either with my brain, my collection or aiowiki. Feel free to haggle, if you disagree with anything. Great job everyone, and round two should be up today or tomorrow. (I'll try to make the next categories a little broader - I was honestly expecting more points to be scored)

EDIT: American Eagle submitted all repeat responses except for 'Thy Kingdom Come' for an episode without Whit. But, Whit does, indeed, appear in that episode. shadowdog submitted all repeat answers as well except for 'The Twilife Zone' for an episode without Whit which counts for double.
Last edited by King Butter Turtle on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Feel free to haggle, if you disagree with anything.
Why didn’t my answer for #6 count? :x
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I got 0 points! \:D/ The thing is, sometimes my brain doesn't work on demand. :doubt:

I like that you do a rundown of the categories, it helps me learn trivia that I never thought of before...or didn't think of at the time. ;) By the way, where is American Eagle's score? I thought he was playing?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I entered! This is an outrage! :x

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Oh, no! I'm so sorry, AE, I totally just skipped over your submissions in my inbox. :oops:

Also, shadowdog entered just barely late so, I decided to go ahead and count his answers.

bookworm wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:Feel free to haggle, if you disagree with anything.
Why didn’t my answer for #6 count? :x
I considered 'Tom's Land (radio tower)' and 'The Tower on Tom's Farm' to be the same answer.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Kudos to you, KBT, for explaining everything so meticulously. I can't wait for the next round!

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I considered 'Tom's Land (radio tower)' and 'The Tower on Tom's Farm' to be the same answer.
How? The town is one area, Tom’s land is what it’s on.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

bookworm wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:I considered 'Tom's Land (radio tower)' and 'The Tower on Tom's Farm' to be the same answer.
How? The town is one area, Tom’s land is what it’s on.
Their answer was Tom's land (farm) and specifically the tower part of it. Your answer was the tower part of Tom's land with a note as to where it's located (Tom's land/farm). I see those as the same response.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Your answer was the tower part of Tom's land with a note as to where it's located
Actually, I only included the note about the tower so you knew why that was my answer, I wasn’t trying to say my answer was the tower. More of Tom’s land was part of the story than just the part the tower was on.
My answer was Tom’s land as a whole, which would, to me, be a different answer than whoever else’s it was that said just the part with the tower on it.
But I can see how it could go either way, so I guess it’s up to your judgment.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

ROUND 2
LETTER = 'D'
1. An episode with Harlow Doyle
2. Something to call Bernard (i.e. "well [do something to me] and call me a ________")
3. A character's last name
4. An album title
5. Something that's served at Whit's End (a menu item)
6. An episode that takes place outside of Odyssey
As with round one, just go ahead an PM me your answers. If you didn't participate in round 1, you can certainly still participate in this and future rounds. (if you're just now finding this thread, you're tied for 4th place ;) )

The deadline is Saturday Night!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My Round 1 submissions:
1. Tom Riley
2. Thomas Edison
5. The Golden Glass Company
6. Tom’s land
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Quick question, for question 2, does it need to be something bernard has said, or can it be something we come up with?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

It needs to be something Bernard said. :)