TV Commercials

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Aeva wrote:
American Eagle wrote:When did beer commercials featuring guys looking in on a woman showering become acceptable to Christians? Or to ToOers?
But.... It's funny.... :anxious:
My point exactly. I don't like that witty humor is an excuse to celebrate wrongdoing. But to each his own.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Isn't that a part of freedom in Christ? :-k
*insert provocative quote here*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Good grief, no. We're covered by the blood of grace and been given freedom from sin, not freedom to sin. Romans 6:1-2,22: "Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid . . . now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." I sincerely hope that no one here believes salvation gives us freedom to sin. :-k

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Boo yeah!! Let's go down a 6-pack!

Humor Alert: The above comment was made in jest. Serious. Jest.

I liked the vader kid one last year.. ;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

American Eagle wrote:Good grief, no. We're covered by the blood of grace and been given freedom from sin, not freedom to sin. Romans 6:1-2,22: "Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid . . . now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." I sincerely hope that no one here believes salvation gives us freedom to sin. :-k
I would need to see the commerical...is it a direct sin to watch it? :anxious:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Katniss wrote:I would need to see the commerical...is it a direct sin to watch it? :anxious
I definitely wouldn’t think so, since I didn’t even see anything that was a sin in it.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

bookworm wrote:
Katniss wrote:I would need to see the commerical...is it a direct sin to watch it? :anxious
I definitely wouldn’t think so, since I didn’t even see anything that was a sin in it.
Beer, maybe? :anxious: Now I object to beer, but hey, others may not, and apparently it's not my place to judge. So whatever. :P
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Katniss wrote:I would need to see the commerical...is it a direct sin to watch it? :anxious:
I don't think so, but I don't think it's very Christlike to be sharing and promoting beer commercials that include offensive humor, either. :)

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It was offensive too? I must have missed that as well.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

American Eagle wrote:
Katniss wrote:I would need to see the commerical...is it a direct sin to watch it? :anxious:
I don't think so, but I don't think it's very Christlike to be sharing and promoting beer commercials that include offensive humor, either. :)
...but do you believe that there is a certain level of grace that Christians must have in the realm of offensive humor?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:It was offensive too? I must have missed that as well.
Nevermind then. ;)
Katniss wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
...but do you believe that there is a certain level of grace that Christians must have in the realm of offensive humor?
I don't think I understand the question.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

I mean, where and when do Christians place the limit on offensive humer? When does it become too much?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm terrible at placing limits on other people. ;) I just questioned why we enjoy and share certain things.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Ah, okay \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was about to come down on you all for hijacking yet another of my threads, but you corrected yourselves just in time. This is not the place for another alcohol debate as such, but keeping it in the context of whether or not you appreciated it in the commercial is exactly the kind of conversation I wanted in this thread.

This isn’t just for commercials you think are funny, please also bring up commercials you think aren’t. Bring up commercials you think have problems, either in aesthetics or content, and we can discuss why you think that.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Those of us without TV have a bit of a problem talking about commercials... ;) Perhaps you could post some and we could post our reactions, bookworm?

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Lee wrote:Perhaps you could post some and we could post our reactions, bookworm?
That’s what we’ve been doing...
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

So far there are only 3 videos in this thread... :anxious:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Lee wrote:So far there are only 3 videos in this thread... :anxious:
There’re 7 actually. Discuss them and more will be added later.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

You're right. Never mind... I think I'm tired or something. Time to get off the computer. :p