Releasing The Dusty Episodes *poll*

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Would you want FotF to release all the "dusty" episodes that are no longer available?

YES! PLEASE! I want to complete my collection!
89%
No. There is no need for those episodes.
11%

Total votes: 36

jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Re: How long would it take?

Post by jennifertwt »

DanP740 wrote:Rough episode length is 26 minutes. To listen to 701 episodes would take 18,226 minutes, or 303.76 hours, or 12.6 days, also known as 1.8 weeks.
That is a cool breakdown!

-- 15 Jan 2012 07:32 pm --
Leonard Meltsner wrote:The Truth Chronicles are all about the length of a normal episode-ish, except for In My Image, which is about twice that. Because there are 11 episode in it, that works out to about the size of a regular album.
I never noticed that In My Image was longer than usual. Have to check that! I love The Truth Chronicles!

-- 15 Jan 2012 07:35 pm --
Steve wrote:On the Unofficial Podcast I recall Boswell saying that it would take over two-and-a-half weeks to listen to every episode. However, that was during the hiatus when there were only 50 albums (plus the extra or non-cannon albums mentioned in jennifertwt's first post.) However, this is only if you listened to the episodes without stopping at all. If you listened to one episode a day, it would take 2 years, and I'd estimate about 6 more months. However, I like Boswell's suggestion of listening to everything in one sitting. (However Boswell's calculations also include the "Dusty Episodes" which are not available anymore... sooo... have fun tracking those down.)
I wish Focus would release the "dusty" episodes including the Officer Harley eps at least in a Download album. I was listening to something today with an "add on" where Chris explains why Officer Harley left Odyssey and was replaced by Harlow Doyle. If they can say that, then I think everyone would understand that the episodes were not meant to degrade our fine police officers. After all, no one took Barney Miller seriously. Yes, some of you will have to look that up on youtube. :-k
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I'm with you, jennifertwt. They need to do a special addition set (or sets) and release all the Family Portraits and "dusty" episodes, even if it is just for a limited time. I believe a lot of older listeners (and younger) would jump at the chance to buy them. :yes:

How many "dusty" episodes are there anyway? Do they include the Family Portraits episodes?
Last edited by snubs on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

snubs wrote:I'm with you, jennifertwt. They need to do a special addition set (or sets) and release all the Family Portraits and "dusty" episodes, even if it is just for a limited time. I believe a lot of older listeners (and younger) would jump at the chance to buy them. :yes:

How many "dusty" episodes are there anyway? Do they include the Family Portraits episodes?
I can see how they might not want to waste resources coming up with packaging and production, but a download album would be very low overhead and would generate a little income for FTF in these tough economic times as well as discourage illegal sharing. A win for all.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Hey, I decided to create this topic after some brief discussion in this thread. I think if we raise enough interest about this and spread it around (meaning on other AIO based sites), Focus might release all the old episodes that are no long available. It's worth a try at least, right? O:)

We just need to let them know just how many fans would buy them as soon as they get the chance, even if it is just for a limited time. So, please vote in the poll and post your thoughts below.

Another question to be asked is, would you want it as an album(s)? or as an online download? or both? or does it matter?

I myself would like it as an album. Just because I don't ever listen to Odyssey from my computer, and a set would be more valuable to me.

PLEASE SPREAD THIS AROUND, AND VOTE.
~snubs
Last edited by snubs on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I would love to have these! It wouldn't really matter wether they were digital or album to me though.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yeah, if they only release them online, that would be okay. However I would still prefer an album.

If we get some good feedback about this, I may try sending the results to Focus along with the group letter.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They told me ages ago they were probably going to make all the episodes available online, but they apparently haven't gotten around to it.

They are generally unheard any longer for a reason--they aren't very good. An album of subpar episodes is probably a bad idea.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

The Top Crusader wrote:They are generally unheard any longer for a reason--they aren't very good. An album of subpar episodes is probably a bad idea.
I agree with you there. But I don't think the fans would much care, honestly. They just want a complete collection. Like me. I mean, they released The Lost Episodes, and in my opinion, a good number of those were not the best. But I still like them.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I would not buy them. They're are plenty of higher quality episodes that I don't have that I would get first. But if somehow I got all the rest I might. So... :shrugs:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Would this include the AIO rap song?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

bookworm wrote:Would this include the AIO rap song?
If it were me, I'd say that one is best left alone. :xx:

...however it is part of the collection, and wouldn't mind having it...I just would never listen to it. Image
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

snubs wrote:
bookworm wrote:Would this include the AIO rap song?
If it were me, I'd say that one is best left alone. :xx:

...however it is part of the collection, and wouldn't mind having it...I just would never listen to it. Image
haha, That song was kind of awkward. I personally think it would be good to have them, but then again, as someone else said, they aren't released for a reason. :P
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Okay am I the only AIO fan that liked that rap song? Really it wasn't half bad.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I want those old episodes though they do have a few out for sale
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Jehoshaphat wrote:Okay am I the only AIO fan that liked that rap song? Really it wasn't half bad.
Okay, okay. It wasn't that bad...if it's for a bunch of 4 year olds (no offence intended toward you). It just wasn't up to regular AIO standard. :-

conquestor wrote:I want those old episodes though they do have a few out for sale
Which one's? and where?
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

jennifertwt wrote: I can see how they might not want to waste resources coming up with packaging and production, but a download album would be very low overhead and would generate a little income for FTF in these tough economic times as well as discourage illegal sharing. A win for all.
Yes! I'd pay for these, and it would definitely cut down on illegal sharing. How can they expect such avid fans to leave gaps in their collections. It personally bugs me a lot not be able to own every episode. I'm not one of those absolute fans who has to rebuy the album when they change the art or anything, but I do need every episode to consider my collection complete.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

snubs wrote:How many "dusty" episodes are there anyway? Do they include the Family Portraits episodes?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Dallas R. wrote:
jennifertwt wrote: I can see how they might not want to waste resources coming up with packaging and production, but a download album would be very low overhead and would generate a little income for FTF in these tough economic times as well as discourage illegal sharing. A win for all.
Yes! I'd pay for these, and it would definitely cut down on illegal sharing. How can they expect such avid fans to leave gaps in their collections. It personally bugs me a lot not be able to own every episode. I'm not one of those absolute fans who has to rebuy the album when they change the art or anything, but I do need every episode to consider my collection complete.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I have fallen off the wagon lately, and only have 53 of the latest albums since the GRITTY REBOOT but otherwise I have all the episodes available via retail in some form or another (even if its a 17 year old cassette that is just a recording from the radio). There are still gaps, though, due to them refusing to release stuff. :(
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Looks like so far everyone wants them. 20 votes; 20 yeses.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I admire the troll who voted no. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.