Reasonable Advice Questions for Top!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Top, how do I ask you a question?
...I hate marquees.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Top, what is a good way for a lazy person to take over the world? And can you give me the Norm's Notes version, please?
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I am not Top, but I would suggest redefining "the world" to being something that you already own, one of the more easy ways to go about that.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Top is dead.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Marvin D. wrote:Top is dead.
Again? What a bummer.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:It's been about a dozen years but that sounds right to me.
Me too, thank you so much! Your wisdom truly has no limits.
But you took so long to respond that I couldn’t get that one on the final. :x
Just kidding, that wasn’t on the final. ;)
P.S. Newton talked just like that. :yes:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Marvin D. wrote:Top is dead.
...I was away less than 24 hours at this point. >_>
J-man wrote:Top, how do I ask you a question?
By stealing a Kewpee doll and putting a pickle on top of it, so its heart goes flippity-flop. \:D/
Astronomer wrote:Top, what is a good way for a lazy person to take over the world? And can you give me the Norm's Notes version, please?
Well, Moontide does make a valid point, but if you are unwilling to do that, it will be difficult. I think it could be done by a lazy person if you attained a mass fortune. That isn't impossible to do while lazy... you could have a rich relative who dies and leaves you money, or start a Kickstarter account online and get people to donate to help you fund taking over the world. However if neither of those is an option, it will be difficult to attain massive wealth while being lazy. :(

BUT if you do get money you can buy your way into power, manipulate the masses, raise an army, etc. The world is practically already yours! \:D/
bookworm wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:It's been about a dozen years but that sounds right to me.
Me too, thank you so much! Your wisdom truly has no limits.
But you took so long to respond that I couldn’t get that one on the final. :x
Just kidding, that wasn’t on the final. ;)
P.S. Newton talked just like that. :yes:
I thought so. Who do you think taught Newton? \:D/

(I taught him physics, Jack Allen taught him how to put a curly-cue on soft serve ice cream)
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Hmm. So all I have to do is hire a hit squad to take out my rich uncle? Brilliant! Thanks Top. I'll send you 0.0000001 percent of the fortune.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Do all plumber have to rescue kidnapped princesses?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Astronomer wrote:Hmm. So all I have to do is hire a hit squad to take out my rich uncle? Brilliant! Thanks Top. I'll send you 0.0000001 percent of the fortune.
Why, thank you! \:D/
Moontide wrote:Do all plumber have to rescue kidnapped princesses?
This is a common misperception, its actually only plumbers who had a former career as a carpenter and had to rescue their girlfriend from a giant gorilla on top of the steel girders of a construction site.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Top, can you advise me on whether I should go to my college graduation? That is, attend the ceremony.
Big events like that have never been my thing, so I’ve always taken it for granted that I wouldn’t attend when the time came, but as it draws closer I’m wondering if that’s the right choice. One of my instructors was talking about it recently and he made some good points like since it’s a community college there’s a strong relationship between the students and instructors so it’s truly more of a celebration than ceremony and it’s a really nice experience, and they feed you really well afterwards.
I haven’t changed my mind, but I am giving it more thought.
Do you have any strong opinion on the matter one way or the other?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well there isn't really a right or wrong answer for that, obviously its just up to your own personal preference. For me personally, I did attend my graduation from community college... and... well I wouldn't say I REGRET it, but it was boring and pointless and a waste of an afternoon. ;) For some people its a big deal and they enjoy the ceremony, etc... for me, I was talked into going by my wife. ;) Again, it wasn't terrible... and if you have friends are relatives who really want you to do it, its probably worth it to make them happy. However I feel personally I would've been just fine, I wouldn't have missed out by not doing it. Of course, some people would say in high school that you should attend your prom or whatever, or you would regret not going, and I had a blast at those kind of things and am glad I went.

Also if you have people in classes that you are close to and are graduating with you, that makes it more fun. In my case I had many major changes and lengthy periods of not taking classes at all when I was working more, and taking classes online, etc, so while I did go to campus for some classes and usually had a few people I got along with in each class, I didn't really have any good friends that were graduating with me. If so I would've been more into it.

I did in the end get my picture taken with a velociraptor, which may have made it all worthwhile.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank you very much, your input is greatly appreciated. I will keep it in mind as I continue to make my decision.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

What is your opinion on comic books?

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Graces4you wrote:What is your opinion on comic books?
Well this is a tougher question than it might look, because it equates to basically "what do you think of BOOKS?" "What do you think of TELEVISION?" because comic books are such a huge and varied medium... from cartoons (like Archie and Disney) to the typical super hero stuff to horror (Walking Dead, old EC comics).

Now to look at it simply as a medium, I think its pretty awesome... comics can tell compelling stories in their words alone, but talented artists make them a lot more awesome.

The "super hero" genre is certainly what they are most famous for, and what I gravitate towards, but there is really something for almost everyone... like I mentioned they have a lot of cartoony stuff that would be appropriate for children, and the big super hero publishers have a few titles that feature popular super heroes but the stories are "dumbed down" and child friendly. There is also lots of cool indie stuff and stuff from the big publishers (usually under a seperate banner, like DC's Vertigo and Marvel's Marvel Knights) that feature stories directed specifically to adults with lots of violence and such. \:D/
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I was curious on your opinion of them ;) I recently acquired 2 comic books (circa 1967) from my brother \:D/ the flash and Superman.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The Silver Age comics are generally goofy to read now, but they laid a lot of groundwork, moreso on the Marvel side where most of their characters were created in that era.

(and yeah I'm just trying to bump this. >_> )
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Why?
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

What will your reaction be when the Bronco's beat the Bengals tomorrow?

Also, can I get another dog?
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.