Imagine -- Short Film

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What did you think?

Great! I loved it!
89%
It was good.
11%
Hm..it was fair.
No votes
I did not like it.
No votes

Total votes: 9

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Imagine -- Short Film

Post by snubs »

I thought you all might like this short film Ardent Filmer (my sister) created. Please watch and leave your input. :yes: She did the short for an online film school course, and the film is supposed to focus on how well she did the shots/cinematography and lighting.

Visit CloutMotionPictures.com
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

That was pretty cool.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

At first I was all "this is really not very interesting," but then it got to the ending and I thought "Oh my word, a talking muffin; that's genius."

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

31899 wrote:At first I was all "this is really not very interesting," but then it got to the ending and I thought "Oh my word, a talking muffin; that's genius."

I know, right. :yes:

My sister did the short for an online film school course she is taking. The short was supposed to focus on how well she could do the shots/cinematography and lighting. They said the short didn't even have to have a story, but my sister doesn't like making films that don't have a point.

For me, I thought the story itself was genius (as you said), however aside form that, the shots were amazing and I loved the lighting! :thumbsup:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote:The short was supposed to focus on how well she could do the shots/cinematography and lighting. They said the short didn't even have to have a story, but my sister doesn't like making films that don't have a point.
In that case it was excellent.
My first impression was ‘Not much to it, but the cinematography is pretty good.’
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

Y'all have problems if you think any part of that film was uninteresting. :noway: That film was amazing. I think my sister did a great job.
Last edited by Anemone on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

That was really good! The twist at the end made it all the better.

By the way-what camera was used to film this? I want one. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It was actually my camera, which is a Nikon D90 (a normal picture camera with a video function). However for you, I would suggest you get a Canon that's HD, because you can film for longer amounts of time. My camera can only shoot in 20 minute segments. I can't remember the type of the Canon my sister has.. :-k Sometimes the best film quality is in regular picture cameras.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I liked it, it was beautifully put together. What music was used in the backround? It took me a few seconds after it was over to understand the message, but it was well done.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I finally got a chance to watch this, I really liked it. The lighting was excellent and the music added a great touch. Great little video. I wouldn't have guessed that it was taken on a normal picture camera!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Graces4you wrote:I liked it, it was beautifully put together. What music was used in the background? It took me a few seconds after it was over to understand the message, but it was well done.
The song is called "Window" from the artist "The Album Leaf." I've never heard of them.

Jesus' Princess wrote:I finally got a chance to watch this, I really liked it. The lighting was excellent and the music added a great touch. Great little video. I wouldn't have guessed that it was taken on a normal picture camera!
Yeah, if you have a decent lens and HD quality filming, you can get pretty good results. :yes:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The cinematography could have been vastly improved with a tripod (a good tripod is practically your best friend) or some other method of stabilization, however the angles were mostly creative and captivating. The lighting was decent (I would have thrown a little bit of color/contrast on it in post), and the only other thing I would suggest is that you make sure all your ISO settings are on manual, if possible, so that you don't have to worry about those sudden changes in exposure.

But, fantastic choice in soundtrack and the plot structure was well executed. \:D/
Last edited by jelly on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Jelly wrote:The cinematography could have been vastly improved with a tripod (a good tripod is practically your best friend) or some other method of stabilization, however the angles were mostly creative and captivating. The lighting was decent (I would have thrown a little bit of color/contrast on it in post), and the only other thing I would suggest is that you make sure all your ISO settings are on manual, if possible, so that you don't have to worry about those sudden changes in exposure.

But, fantastic choice in soundtrack and the plot structure was well executed. \:D/
She has a steady cam and nice tribod...but she wanted it to be shaky, to give it a rougher feel I suppose, which I think is cool. As for color, I see what you're saying, but I liked it with the sepia look.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

snubs wrote:She has a steady cam and nice tribod...but she wanted it to be shaky, to give it a rougher feel I suppose, which I think is cool.
I get what she was going for, but 'shaky cam' in the movies is a controlled, steady kind of shaky. Small jerks and quick, hesitant movements tend to remind the viewer that there's actually someone holding a camera, which is exactly what you want the viewer to forget. If you want to rock hand-held, I would highly suggest at least adding a lot of weight to your camera, maybe by simply attaching it to your tripod and walking around with the tripod. Instant quality improvement! :o
snubs wrote:As for color, I see what you're saying, but I liked it with the sepia look.
Ya, color scheme is definitely a preference, but I would have darkened the darks a bit and shaded the lights. There's nothing worse than overexposure. :(
Last edited by jelly on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

31899 wrote:At first I was all "this is really not very interesting," but then it got to the ending and I thought "Oh my word, a talking muffin; that's genius."

A talking muffin? Did I miss something?

Very well done. :yes:

\:D/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Here is a new version of the short film, Imagine.