Halloween

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Halloween

Post by Bren »

I doubt that many here dress in costumes for Halloween but does your family hand out candy? When I was younger my grandmother used to do it but I didn't go out in a costume. I've heard that some give out money.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

We don't go, but we give out candy and "money" Christian tracts.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I live in the country, so no one comes by. But for the last several years I’ve been going to a friend’s house in town and we decorate and hand out candy. And after a while we go out in costumes just to walk around the neighborhood. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It was always strictly forbidden growing up... didn't go out in costume, didn't hand out candy. \:D/

We almost went to a costume party this year but the scheduling didn't work out, otherwise we haven't done anything Halloween related. I dunno, I might put razor blades in apples and hand them out this year or something.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I trick-or-treated for a few years, then we handed out candy for a year after that...so probably stopped everything around age 8. Though I went a couple more times when I was much older...I probably won't do much this year though.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
OnceBittenRose
Not as new

Post by OnceBittenRose »

I trick or treat with my family...and go to the haunted mortuary

http://theblackrose.forummotion.com/

Sorry no pic that you can click and go to it. It is my new forum.and is up and running again.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Staying home and reading a book. I won't have any Trick or Treaters but I'm buying candy just in case.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

The Top Crusader wrote:It was always strictly forbidden growing up... didn't go out in costume, didn't hand out candy. \:D/

We almost went to a costume party this year but the scheduling didn't work out, otherwise we haven't done anything Halloween related. I dunno, I might put razor blades in apples and hand them out this year or something.
Remind me to drop by your house. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

The ToO should have a haunted house. ;)
The Top Crusader wrote:It was always strictly forbidden growing up... didn't go out in costume, didn't hand out candy. \:D/

Use safety razors so nobody gets hurt. :-
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

This is basically a what are you doing thread, so I think I will probably be studying, or dissecting my own brain so I can study better. Even if I wanted to do something I do not exactly have the time (at this juncture), to spend an entire evening on something that is not education based.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Well we live in an area where it's mostly farms and large acreages, so we really don't get trick or treaters, because the houses are so far apart and the driveways are usually pretty long. We usually don't really do anything that night, one year we had a harvest party, but we usually just stay home.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Yeah, we never celebrate Haloween. One time when I was like 4 we did go to the mall to get candy on Halloween, but we've not done anything since then. It's such a dark holiday that I'd rather steer clear of.

Thursday night, my my dad and I unwittingly went to the mall not knowing it was trick or treat night. BIG MISTAKE. There were easily 1000 people in the mall (ours is tiny) with about half of the kids under the age of 8. Remind me never to do that again!

\:D/
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I've gone trick or treating the past two years and I'm going this year too. I'm just still not sure what I'm gonna dress as because my second costume idea didn't work out..
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Eh. I don't like going around in stupid costumes collecting candy and wearing stupid masks. I don't even like giving out candy. I have to sit around waiting for people to knock on the door and as soon as I open it, this kid sticks his foot in the door and screams GIMME CANDY.

:-|

And his mom and Co. are like "lolz. look at that white kid in the door. hahahhahahdkdfhkjd"

:-|

Just...no....
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

^ Not sure if serious.

I've always been super-anti-Halloween-and-never-doing-anything-on-it, but this year I'm helping at something with my church. We're having a kids' night tomorrow, with Bible stories, costumes and candy. It should be fun. \:D/

Note: We're not celebrating Halloween... at all... it's called Look 'n Live... so there.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, my church had a "Harvest Party" sometimes when I was a kid with candy and hay rides and Bible lessons and games and dressing up as a Bible character. LOL I remember some kid came dressed as Satan... which technically is a Bible character but I'm not sure if that was the intent or they just thought it was okay to wear a typical halloween costume.

Church I go to now does "Trunk or Treat" in the parking lot to get area kids in (there are low income apartments right around our church so we get a lot of kids from there from iffy families) and we also do the "Try to scare people into becoming Christians" thing, with a scary tour through the church and what hell is like or something, which I am not really a fan of because it seems theologically flawed, but ah well, had like 35 salvations this year.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

The Top Crusader wrote: Church I go to now does "Trunk or Treat" in the parking lot to get area kids in (there are low income apartments right around our church so we get a lot of kids from there from iffy families) and we also do the "Try to scare people into becoming Christians" thing, with a scary tour through the church and what hell is like or something, which I am not really a fan of because it seems theologically flawed, but ah well, had like 35 salvations this year.
Our youth group took a tour through one of those last night. It was well-done as far as how the rooms were set up, but was a little weird as far as their doctrinal beliefs compared to my church.

Tonight, I and a group of my friends will be dressing up as assorted characters from "Phineas and Ferb." We will be handing out candy to small children. Yay! :)
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

We live on a busy street, so no one comes to our house. Even if people did, we wouldn't be handing out candy -we keep our outside lights off just to make sure no one does come.

Unlike my parents though, if I live in a neighborhood, I'll probably handout tracks and Odyssey stuff. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

American Eagle wrote:^ Not sure if serious.
I'm semi-serious.
We are passing out candy tonight though. I hate passing out candy... There goes my night of peacefully doing homework. :P
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Whitty Whit wrote:
American Eagle wrote:^ Not sure if serious.
I'm semi-serious.
We are passing out candy tonight though. I hate passing out candy... There goes my night of peacefully doing homework. :P
Dude, passing out candy to little kids is like the best feeling ever! :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.