Places You Would Like To Visit

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Places You Would Like To Visit

Post by Sapphire »

So, what are some places that you would like to visit?

I would love to visit Canada, China, and Israel. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I would love to go to Germany and Australia. I always thought those places would be interesting to visit. I also think Michigan, California, Alaska, and north or south Dakota would be fun places to go to. =]

@Sapphire: If you ever go to Canada, you should definitely go to Prince Edward Island. :yes: It's beautiful.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Anywhere in the States, and Switzerland (which I'm probably going to next year!), Australia. . .and when the time comes, I'd think of more :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Oh, I want to visit pretty much everywhere. ;) A few top picks include:

In the US: Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Cape Cod...
Everywhere else: Iceland, the Channel Islands, New Zealand, Indonesia, Japan...

This Spring I get to cross India off the list so I'm pretty excited about that. \:D/
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I've always wanted to got to Australia or Italy \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

The Fiji Islands.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

France, France, France, France, France, France, France, France! I'm so crazy about that place, I could die! \:D/

Also Canada, Italy, Greece, England, and Australia. (Not in that particular order, though.)

If I was to stay in the country, I would say Alaska, Florida, Georgia, New York, Maine and Michigan \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Paris, France. Specifically a 1920's Paris France, but um... I'm about 90 years too LATE for that. *I love the movie Midnight in Paris. I blame Woody Allen...*

Chicago, IL. Franklin, TN. Memphis, TN and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital *I actually want to work there. :)*. The Republic of Georgia. London.

I actually really don't want to travel. Ever since a dawning revelation from God, I don't need to step outside the country to get a better relationship with Him. So, no desires here to really hit the world with a wide-eye. I'm happy right where I am, in the USA.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Well, I don't really like going anywhere... But I think Israel would be the most fascinating, worthwhile trip to make. :yes:
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Outside of the US: Italy, France, Norway and Israel. My great grandparents (I think, maybe great great??) on my mom's side immigrated from Norway, and my family on my dads side were French Italian. I've always wanted to go to those places because of that, and I think they'd be really cool places to visit anyways :) Israel, I just think It would be awesome to go there.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I'd really love to visit just about everywhere in the U.S....excluding a few places like Southern CA, Nebraska, Utah, Louisiana...but GENERALLY, i'd like to see everywhere!

Outside of the U.S. I'd love to see Ireland/Scotland/England, go hiking in the Germany/Austria area, and maybe see Italy and Spain...Japan...and New Zealand.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
ique
Found

Post by ique »

I want to go to Namibia and Norway. And maybe Suriname...
Destiny J. Adams
Not as new

Post by Destiny J. Adams »

snubs wrote:...North or south Dakota would be fun places to go to. =]
If you come here to North Dakota, the place to visit is Medora. It's amazing. In South Dakota there's Mt. Rushmore (obviously), but if you've seen pictures, you've basically seen it. What's really awesome in SD is Jewel Cave. That is beyond amazing!

As for me, I would love to visit Vancouver B.C. I live right by Canada so I've been to Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta, all of which I have loved getting to know, but I haven't been to B.C. yet and I really would love to go.

For really foreign counties - 'cause when you live two miles from Canada, it doesn't seem international - I would love to go to Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, The Whales and Australia. I just love to travel.

Oh, and Texas, I haven't been to Texas yet either. :D
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Destiny J. Adams wrote:
snubs wrote:...North or south Dakota would be fun places to go to. =]
If you come here to North Dakota, the place to visit is Medora. It's amazing. In South Dakota there's Mt. Rushmore (obviously), but if you've seen pictures, you've basically seen it. What's really awesome in SD is Jewel Cave. That is beyond amazing!

As for me, I would love to visit Vancouver B.C. I live right by Canada so I've been to Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta, all of which I have loved getting to know, but I haven't been to B.C. yet and I really would love to go.

For really foreign counties - 'cause when you live two miles from Canada, it doesn't seem international - I would love to go to Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, The Whales and Australia. I just love to travel.

Oh, and Texas, I haven't been to Texas yet either. :D
Nobody really needs to visit Alberta or Saskatchewan. (Especially not Sask., the roads are terrible there!) The south is just boring grasslands. The north is just cold and a little more forested.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Destiny J. Adams wrote:Oh, and Texas, I haven't been to Texas yet either. :D
Reading that sentence made my day especially since you listed alot of countries outside of the US, it made me smile after a long tiring day.
Last edited by Graces4you on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I would love to visit Canada, Ireland, and Italy. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I decided today that someday I want to take a trip around the US with a friend or two, just to get to see more of it and have fun along the way.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Niagara Falls. I've never been there, and I've really wanted to for a while.
Also, I kind of want to go to India.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

^Yes, Niagara Falls is AWESOME \:D/ When I went there, I looked over the edge and wondered what would happen if I jumped off :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Last October was the first time I saw Niagara Falls - it was really beautiful! Unfortunately, the town outside of the immediate park is....not so great. :-
niagarafalls.jpg
canada1.jpg
So close to Canada - yet so far. :( *sigh* No passport....
canada2.jpg
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.