The ToO's Fantasy Football League

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:Uh not quite. Now there are only two playoff teams. And one round of playoffs. :anxious:
I've switched it to a two-week, four-team playoff.
Knight Fisher wrote:EDIT: And you can't have your two top teams face off in week seventeen. Because a lot of starters wont be playing.
This is how it goes every year. "Fantasy" playoffs always happen at the end of the regular season when many starters sit. You just have to prepare for it by dropping players, adding new ones or playing ones who usually are in your reserve.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

So since I doubt anyone will be looking at the actual site often. Anyone interested in Green Bay's kicker Mason Crosby? He is a solid kicker. I just have a no Packers rule. AE should be able to verify how ugh the Packers are to me. Anyone?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

You can always just drop him and pick up someone else. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I only got a few people I wanted. I thought when you moved people up the list it was supposed to pick them?
And why did I not get a back up QB?
Knight Fisher wrote:Anyone interested in Green Bay's kicker Mason Crosby?
I told the computer to get him. It didn’t.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:I only got a few people I wanted. I thought when you moved people up the list it was supposed to pick them?
You suggested players to the computer, and if those players were available, it selected them. Obviously, the ones you wanted were already taken... or something like that.
bookworm wrote:And why did I not get a back up QB?
Ehh, that happens. You should probably drop one of your current players and pick one up. Or propose a trade.
Knight Fisher wrote:So since I doubt anyone will be looking at the actual site often...
Actually, going to the site is the best part. \:D/ Once the season starts, you'll be able to view a "live tracker" of how your team is doing against its opponent that week. It's so much fun on Sunday afternoons. ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah I just meant know when nothing is happening.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Are the rosters usually this small? I’ve never played before so I don’t know, but it really seems like not enough. There aren’t enough spots for backup players for each position.
Like I said I didn’t have a backup QB for Peyton Manning, but I needed one because he’s questionable. I dropped Brandon Marshall because I had lots of WRs and got McNabb as a free agent and benched Manning until I see what’s up with him.
But I don’t have a backup kicker for Vinatieri. What am I supposed to do when the Colts have a bye week? I won’t get any points that round.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Welcome to the world of Fantasy Football. When the Colts have a bye you have to drop somebody and pick-up another kicker. :D And yeah Manning is probably going to be out first 1-2 weeks.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I thought the point of fantasy football was having multiple players of the same position on your team so you had to choose who to play each week by predicting who would score better. With this roster size, there won’t be any substituting like at all because several positions don’t even have a second player choice. Unless you’re supposed to drop someone and replace them with a free agent week to week, but that’s ridiculous.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I have multiple players for each position. :-k I just made sure to set the strategy before the draft so the computer picked the right number of each position.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So did I. I lined up three or four QBs and only ended up with one.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

But in the auto pick settings did you give a minimum number to draft?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t know. :shrugs:
AE just said to move the players you wanted higher, so I did.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Dude.

You have 9 starting positions and 16 players. The same as the rest of us. Make it work.

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Okay this makes me feel like a veteran even tho this is only my second year.

Ima going to offer a few trades on here so that I can get feedback. Not necessarily in the order I want them.

1st off
Texas Stanleys
I'll give you Fred Jackson and Dez Bryant for Larry Fitzgerald and Micheal Turner.

2nd
Bookworm
I'll give you Matt Schaub (better back-up) and Shonn Greene for Greg Jennings and Peyton Hillis.

3rd
Amazing Epicness
I'll give you Shonn Greene for Dwayne Bowe.

4th
Winoka Warriors
I'll give you Fred Jackson, Shonn Greene, Jets D/ST, and Stephen Gostkowski for Josh Brown, Vincent Jackson, Packers D/ST, and Marques Colston.

5th
Da Jays
I'll give you Desean Jackson and Frank Gore for Darren McFadden and Roddy White.

DISCUSS!!!!

No offense but Da Jays probably has the best team followed by my team then AE's.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:Okay this makes me feel like a veteran even tho this is only my second year.

Ima going to offer a few trades on here so that I can get feedback. Not necessarily in the order I want them.

1st off
Texas Stanleys
I'll give you Fred Jackson and Dez Bryant for Larry Fitzgerald and Micheal Turner.
Um, this is never happening. Larry FItzgerald and Micheal turner are going to have big years. And there is no way I'm taking a Cowboy. (I miss the game that decides the year. (Bears vs Packers wk 17.) For the Eagles Cowboys game. That doesn't effect anything. :x
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Okay the list is down to...
2nd
Bookworm
I'll give you Matt Schaub (better back-up) and Shonn Greene for Greg Jennings and Peyton Hillis.

3rd
Amazing Epicness

4th
Winoka Warriors
I'll give you Fred Jackson, Shonn Greene, Jets D/ST, and Stephen Gostkowski for Josh Brown, Vincent Jackson, Packers D/ST, and Marques Colston.

5th
Da Jays
I'll give you Desean Jackson and Frank Gore for Darren McFadden and Roddy White.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:Bookworm
No thank you. Jennings is one of the few players I wanted that it actually picked. And I don’t know who Any of the other people are, so I’ll just stick with what I’ve got for now.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

3rd
Amazing Epicness

4th
Winoka Warriors

5th
Da Jays
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:Amazing Epicness
Dwayne Bowe is my starting WR who made 200 points last season. Shonn Greene is your back-up RB who made 86 points.

I don't think do. ;)