It's Time for...Random Trivia!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Sorry, SWA, I think you'll just have to accept that you are indeed human and do not know everything...'tis tragic. ;)
Marvin--still pretty good.

Next question is a dictionary question.
What does the word "bombastic" mean?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Pretentious language. (Using big words to try to impress.)
Not researched.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Good job...I love how a big word is used to describe someone who uses big words...

Next question shall be a food question.
What ethnic food has three times more restaurants in America than there are McDonald's?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Chinese food?
Not researched. (educated guess)
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

very good educated guess...you are correct.

Question next will be a list question.
List all of the Star Trek series in chronological order (not necessarily the order in which they came out).

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Star Trek: Enterprise (Or just Enterprise)
Star Trek: TOS (The Original Series)
Star Trek: TNG (The Next Generation)
Star Trek: DS9 (Deep Space Nine)
Star Trek: Voyager

Most definitely not researched!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Monty wrote:Star Trek: Enterprise (Or just Enterprise)
Star Trek: TOS (The Original Series)
Star Trek: TNG (The Next Generation)
Star Trek: DS9 (Deep Space Nine)
Star Trek: Voyager

Most definitely not researched!
Monty knows this in the same way I know comic book movies. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I was about to have a heart attack because I thought you said it was "most definitely researched"...whew! Relieved to find out there are still people who know their Star Trek!

Next question shall be a Music question.
Finish these lyrics: "Into the darkness you shine. Out of the ashes we rise. There's no one like You, None like You."

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

"Our God is greater,
Our God is stronger,
God, you are higher than any other.
Our God is Healer,
Awesome in power,
Our God, Our God."

I assume you don't want all of the song, just the chorus. This was not researched.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Indeedy, that's exactly what I wanted! Good assumption!

Next question will be a History question.
How many assassination attempts were there on Adolf Hitler's life? For a bonus: When was the most recent one, and by whom was it attempted?

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

42. February 1945, Albert Speer. Reserched.
Last edited by Graces4you on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Wow, so I made a mistake here...Hmm...I found different answers depending on where I researched...The answer I was looking for was the July 20, 1944 plot, which has become a national holiday for the Germans (what I learned from the news the other day). However, with some research, I did find that some sources consider Albert Speer to have been the final attempt, even though he only had some idea of a plan and never took action. It was hard to tell which plans over the years people were counting as attempts on his life...interesting! Well, to me at least...I will give you credit for your answer...took me some searching to learn about Albert!

Next question is a general knowledge question.
What is the name of the space shuttle most recently launched by NASA?

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Atlantis. not reaserched.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Next question is a geography question.

Where is the street named "Psycho Path" in America?

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Michigan

(Researched).
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Need the city before I give it to ya!

Next question will be a nutrition question.

Outside of meat and dairy, what is the most complete source of protein?

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Traverse City, I think.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

SoccerLOTR wrote:How many assassination attempts were there on Adolf Hitler's life?
42 according to historians, 43 according to History Channel
Researched.
SoccerLOTR wrote:Outside of meat and dairy, what is the most complete source of protein?
Legumes
Researched.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

bookworm wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:How many assassination attempts were there on Adolf Hitler's life?
42 according to historians, 43 according to History Channel
Researched.
^Already answered.
bookworm wrote: SoccerLOTR wrote:Outside of meat and dairy, what is the most complete source of protein?

Legumes
Researched.
Be specific...

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Beans?

Not researched...