Mafia V4 - TOWNIES WIN!!!!!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

The quote tags are a little mussed up, Dandermuffin :-

Mods?

-- June 9th, 2011, 4:51 pm --

The quote tags are a little mussed up in your post, Dandermuffin :)

Mods?
*insert provocative quote here*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Dundermuffin wrote:I think Moontide is a great player the only problem is Moontide notices a little to much detail and accuses a little to early in my opinion.
Yes, but sometimes that’s what it takes.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Bookworm wrote:KF, you’re new so you weren’t here for the past Mafia games, but you might want to skim through them before the next game (assuming we’re playing one) it might help you see how this works. We have a pretty established setup between the deductive skills of Moontide and I that usually pays off, but this time you threw it off.
That’s what this game is about though.
I would like to point out right before he died, I though he could have been the cop, about a 50% chance, the problem was that he got killed before I was done investigating.
Dundermuffin wrote:I think Moontide is a great player the only problem is Moontide notices a little to much detail and accuses a little to early in my opinion.
That could be related to the fact that I keep a document with each person in it, showing their actions that hint of their role and what role it hints at. And then I accuse who ever in most mafia-like.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Moontide wrote:I would like to point out right before he died, I though he could have been the cop, about a 50% chance, the problem was that he got killed before I was done investigating.
Understood. The first kill is always up to chance anyway. There’s plenty of time to turn this around, people just have to be more careful.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

bookworm was walking down a alley when someone almost killed him but thankfully the doc was there to save him

Day Two

You guys can start voting
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

bookworm wrote:
Moontide wrote:I would like to point out right before he died, I though he could have been the cop, about a 50% chance, the problem was that he got killed before I was done investigating.
Understood. The first kill is always up to chance anyway. There’s plenty of time to turn this around, people just have to be more careful.
Indeed! Come on guys we can turn this around! \:D/ ... *walks around again*

Oh and BTW I would for sure like Moontide in a mafia game on my side :yes: Moontide and Bookworm are the best Mafia players I know :yes:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Dundermuffin wrote: I would for sure like Moontide in a mafia game on my side :yes: Moontide and Bookworm are the best Mafia players I know :yes:
Both sides, Mafia and Town, should want us on their side. That’s the point. You have to decide how far you want to trust us, since if we’re on your side you definitely want us to stay alive, but if we aren’t you want us out as soon as possible. Definitely a mind game.

AIOluver, I think the usual procedure when there is a doc save is to just say the doc saved someone but not reveal who. Because now we know that I’m town (because Mafia tried to kill me) so it gives an extra hint to the Town side.
On that note though, this reinforces that I’m an important player, because the Mafia obviously wanted me out immediately.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

So shadowdog, why do you guess that there are two mafia?
Last edited by Moontide on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Moontide there are 2 mafia
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.

Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Then shadowdog, how did you know that there was two mafia before the GM said so?
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Okay, let's look at this logically.

These are the players:

IDANCE4JESUS (no claim)
Moontide (claims to be townie)
Monty (no claim)
bookworm (obviously townie)
Knight Fisher (Former Cop)
shadowdog (claims to be townie)
Dundermuffin/Taps (no claim)

So far...these are the roles people are claiming/have claimed. We know that the cop is dead, the doctor is alive, there are two mafia and three townspeople.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Well, if we're role-claiming, I am a townie. (And am also relieved to know that Bookworm is for us and not against us.)

EDIT: Wait...someone before me has to be lying, and it's either Moontide or Shadowdog. If I'm a townie and Bookworm's a townie...there's only one other townie, not two. Are either of you the doc?
Last edited by Monty on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Moontide wrote:Then shadowdog, how did you know that there was two mafia before the GM said so?

I said "I would guess there are two mafia. I don't know."...
because when we play with my family and there is this many people playing, we play with 2 mafia.

It's logical to have two.

Moontide, you seem a little suspicious to me.....I don't know why.....I just have a feeling.

I'll wait to hear what everybody says :D
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Wait...someone before me has to be lying, and it's either Moontide or Shadowdog. If I'm a townie and Bookworm's a townie...there's only one other townie, not two. Are either of you the doc?
Bookworm could be doc.

Here is my document showing what I think of people:

Code: Select all

=== Moontide ===
= townie : saw the role PM
+~ mafia : help kill the cop, page 2

=== Knight Fisher ===
+~ mafia : makes ilogical agruements, page 1
+ mafia : explains his actions because they end in tie and let the mafia kill them, page 1

+~ cop : roleclaimed to be the cop, page 2
+ cop : refuses to vote for someone with out evidence, page 2
+! cop : claimed and no one has counter claimed, page 2
= cop : revealed at death, page 2

+~ townie : roleclaimed to be townie, page 1

=== bookworm ===
+! town : mafia tried to kill him but he was saved by the doc, page 3

=== Monty ===
+ town : asked how many mafia there were, page 2
+~ roleclaimed to be a townie, page 3

=== Dundermuffin ===

=== shadowdog ===
+~~ mafia : says "I would guess there are two mafia. I don't know" and corectly says so, page 2 and page 3
+~ town : roleclaimed to be a townie, page 2

=== IDANCE4JESUS ===
+~ Helpped the town by putting out a list showing the role claims of every one, page 3

So using that, Dundermuffin looks like he is the most scum-like person.
Vote: Dundermuffin

So Dundermuffin, Is there any reason that we shouldn't vote for you? because:
bookworm is town
I am town
Monty is likely town, he asked how many mafia there were. (If he was mafia he would not need to do that because it would have said in his role PM who the other mafia were.)
IDANCE4JESUS has only helped the town, so she is likely town.

That leaves only Dundermuffin and shadowdog not being town.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Dandermuffin has only posted to say random things....not really attempting to engage in the investigation. This makes him look suspicious.

As for Moontide, I have seen no solid evidence to suspect him...everything he has said has been beneficial for the townies. If I has a guess, I would say that he is the doctor.
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

Votes:

IDANCE4JESUS - 0
Moontide - 0
Monty - 0
bookworm - 0
shadowdog - 0
Dundermuffin - 1
^AIOluver^

STOP.
This sentence is true.

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

To be honest, I am now wondering about Shadowdog's intentions. She deliberately tries to throw suspicion on another player without giving any reason for doing so. I think Dundermuffin, (please don't take offense), maybe hasn't played this game very much before and hasn't ever done an investigation before. I could be wrong, only time will tell, but my own evidence which I have stated leads me to
Vote: Shadowdog.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Monty wrote:To be honest, I am now wondering about Shadowdog's intentions. She deliberately tries to throw suspicion on another player without giving any reason for doing so. I think Dundermuffin, (please don't take offense), maybe hasn't played this game very much before and hasn't ever done an investigation before. I could be wrong, only time will tell, but my own evidence which I have stated leads me to

I'm a he. ;)

All I said was that Moontide seemed suspicious to me. I was just throwing out ideas for you guys to think of because we had to make some accusations...

If you guys are right about only me or Dundermuffin being townie and the other = Mafia, then it for sure is Dundermuffin because I for sure am a townie.

Vote: Dundermuffin

I just don't know....I think Moontide is trying to act like a townie by trying to help us so much and acting like he is the good guy...this hurts my brain. lol.

I'll stick with my vote of Dundermuffin, and is he isn't mafia, then I think Moontide is
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Well, those are really our only two options, but I'm still a bit suspicious of you for casting suspicion on a player without giving a reason. In this game, it is vital that you have evidence to support your accusations or you look scum-like. I'll still be keeping tabs on you, but I think you are probably not a mafia. Moontide, you said you had conclusions on all the players, but I can only see two. Is that intentional, or did it just not all come out? Dundermuffin, I am curious to get a defense from you.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Monty wrote:To be honest, I am now wondering about Shadowdog's intentions. She deliberately tries to throw suspicion on another player without giving any reason for doing so. I think Dundermuffin, (please don't take offense), maybe hasn't played this game very much before and hasn't ever done an investigation before. I could be wrong, only time will tell, but my own evidence which I have stated leads me to
I have played it one other time and that's the sad one with StrongNChrist. :( What's that about investigating?

From what I can tell- IDANCE4JESUS hasn't done much. I could be wrong but it seems she put the blame on me rather quick because I didn't post a lead yet? I was still investigating but that seems to make her very suspicious. I am having a hard time deciding. I believe Shadowdog MIGHT also be Mafia but I am unsure. I believe Moontide and Bookworm are NOT Mafia but they are probably very good at playing a part :yes: But is maybe Moontide Mafia trying to get rid of a COP? I am going to vote later today but I am still undecided :-k

Oh and I am a townie ;)