Jabberwocky

Ever heard of it?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Have you ever heard of Jabberwocky?

No :no: :mad: :no:
19%
Yes :yes: :bounce: :yes:
81%

Total votes: 21

Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Shadowfax wrote:Doesn't Depp say it in the Alice movie?
Huh... he might... at the same time, I haven't watched it in a while. It is on netflix - I'll have to watch and keep a listen out. Hmm... maybe a condensed version or something. It seems too long for something Depp would have said - he doesn't get the greatest or longest monologues in Burton's version. Then again, I'll wait to say anything fully until I watch.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

He did quote part of it. \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: But I don't know how different that one is from the cartoon version...
It's nothing like it. It's a twist off of Through the Looking Glass, as Alice's second adventure in Wonderland. :yes: So, basically a sequel.

But after seeing Burton's, I can never watch the animated one again. It was so weird, but Burton's is a good, make-sense kind of weird. imo. ;)
Last edited by Termite on Wed May 25, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I had thought that, just because I know the basic story of Alice in Wonderland. I just hadn't seen it. lol. Right... and in Burton's, she talks about dreams and stuff.

Part of it. That's what I was thinking. Then again, I sweat Depp's Hatter was totally a mix of Depp, Jack Sparrow, and a few other well known character's by Mr. Depp. :D He makes me smile.

Burton was fantastic though! Even in the weird sense. *and I love how he just messes with Helena Bonham Carter. Funny, his wife. :P Then again, the trio of Burton, Depp, and Carter have done a lot together. Helena is probably used to it. ;) *
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

:hilarious: I love the Muppets.
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

I have it memorized, Love it. :D
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn