May 21st, 2011

Is Harold Camping right?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I wonder what Mr. Camping has to say right now...

\:D/
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

This bit of info is from the paster of our old church:

Beloved of God,
Our standard and ultimate source of truth is the Word of God. So, for all who are wondering if the world will end tomorrow as predicted by a Pastor who has made similar erroneous predictions in the past, here is the final Word:
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." Matthew 24:36-44
Ultimately, as Christians, we should endeavor to live in a manner that honors God's intent for our lives. So, whether Christ returns today, a year from now or 100 years from now, we all will have to give an account for the time spent in our earthly bodies. Christ's primary goal was to "do the will of the Father", and while it's important to set career and financial goals, those goals should always be guided by the leading of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we should not fear Christ's return, but as Christians give thanks that we are assured of and know our eternal destiny. Our real concern should be for the unsaved. Proverbs 11:30 says that "he that winneth souls is wise." How wise are you? How wise is the collective body of Christ? Please know that the question is not meant to be an indictment---just a catalyst for reflection and perhaps redirection of focus.

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

So Harold Camping, who had declared that the world IS ending today, no maybe about it, "teaches that "real Christians" can get good teaching from the internet and radio rather than local churches. He prohibits partaking in communion and rejects baptism."

-World Magazine

Sound kinda like a false prophet to you?

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

We only have 26 minutes before the Rapture hits Accra, Ghana, and then Marvin's gone! Goodbye Marvin! We love you! I'll see you in four and a half hours! :D

EDIT: Marvin is gone!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RE-EDIT: Marvin is fine, and, wonder of wonders, Harold Camping was W-R-O-N-G--WRONG!! \:D/
Last edited by Christian A. on Sat May 21, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I have a feeling that Harold Camping already knew he was wrong. It seems he's just doing this for money and publicity. :roll:
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I'm still here!!!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

If Mr. Camping actually believes what he made up is true, I bet he's banging his head to pieces on his desk right now. Yelling: NO!NO!NO!NONONONONONONONONONO!!!!
he/him | a little stinker.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Do remember the man is 89 years old. Perhaps he is a bit confused - or there is someone behind him pulling the strings.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

It's 6:07 pm and I'M STILL HERE! :x But Karen Krosby is mysteriously gone.. *shifty eyes*

...M- ma- maybe... I'm on of the left behinds.... *runs away and hides*
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

snubs wrote:It's 6:07 pm and I'M STILL HERE! :x But Karen Krosby is mysteriously gone.. *shifty eyes*

...M- ma- maybe... I'm on of the left behinds.... *runs away and hides*
OH NO SNUBS :shock: What are we going to do :sniff:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

snubs wrote:...M- ma- maybe... I'm on of the left behinds....
That’s why I said post if you had an earthquake, not if you’re still here.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

bookworm wrote:
snubs wrote:...M- ma- maybe... I'm on of the left behinds....
That’s why I said post if you had an earthquake, not if you’re still here.
I haven't had an earthquake yet, but that's not supposed to be until 6 PM tomorrow. But it's past six here, and I'm alive and well.
Last edited by Christian A. on Sat May 21, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

There is supposed to be an earthquake today, the 21st, at 6:00 in every time zone.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I'm pretty certain I heard that it was supposed to happen 24 hours after the fact. But I could certainly be wrong.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

From Camping’s website (which is conveniently offline today):
What will take place on May 21?
A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

In every time zone? so Australia should have already had theirs, and the eastern US, and hmm, pretty much most of the world by now. Do you think Harold Camping could have possibly been wrong? ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jesus' Princess wrote:so Australia should have already had theirs, and the eastern US, and hmm, pretty much most of the world by now.
Exactly. That was the test.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

All I can say is I hope Mr. Camping is enjoying his 80 million dollars hes collected over the past 10 years. So I guess I could barely relate Mr. Camping to Bernie Madoff!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

The press has been trying to get ahold of him.

...surprisingly they can't find him. :roll:

He'll probably disappear to try and make people believe he was raptured or something. :roll:

\:D/
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'd really love to hear his radio program tomorrow.
Last edited by EMBEE on Sat May 21, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother