The Dark Knight Rises news!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Taps, I feel with you. While I have grown on the Nolan Batman series, the 3rd one may not be as great as everyone says it will be.

But I am VERY excited for Bane *I have an appreciation for Tom Hardy*, so I will see this movie at my earliest convenience on July 20th. I'm not going in with huge high hopes though. *the Avengers stole my fangirl...*
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

BTS featurette about the film. Warning contains spoilers:
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

By the time they're finally done with all the promotion, the film won't even be worth seeing any more. >_>
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

It wasn't worth seeing after TDK took the great Batman Begins franchise, and was terrible. >_>
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I think that Batman is going to die at the end of this film :anxious:
*insert provocative quote here*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I've heard this is more based on Batman Begins than TDK... that's cool, I liked BB a lot better. \:D/

...I've been finding a lot of people lately who don't even know Batman Begins exist, or is the first of the trilogy. >_> Kind of frightening.

Also apparently the Obama campaign is trying to use TDKR to attack Mitt Romney. \:D/ Citing the villain is named Bane and Mitt ran Bain Capital, and other random things I forget about now.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I am seeing this movie either Friday or Saturday, it depends on which day my friend can come with me, but I have high expectations, and if Batman dies- it will be a great movie, one of the best trilogy's of all time. I love Batman don't get me wrong, but I think if Batman dies the ending will be the most satisfying. Or at least I hope one or two of the main characters dies, so if Batman doesn't die, Alfred or Gordon could die for instance. But think about it. This isn't a lighthearted trilogy, its not a movie where everything cool in the end like in the Avengers (Which I still love by the way, it's just a different kind of movie) I hope it doesn't end with Batman just flies through the city and everything's ok again. But anyway, I am so excited for this movie.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I know the movies are their own universe or whatever, but I don't really get the obsession with wanting to kill off comic book characters in movies that have been frolicking around healthily in comics for 80 years...

Batman doesn't even have a cool Batcave yet. :(
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Godzilla wrote:I know the movies are their own universe or whatever, but I don't really get the obsession with wanting to kill off comic book characters in movies that have been frolicking around healthily in comics for 80 years...
Because, Top, it's not about the comic books at all. ;) Nolan's Dark Knight has become a legendary icon to everyone who cares about good films, not just for the Batman fans. The death of his character would probably be an emotionally satisfying, appropriate ending to a well crafted film trilogy. Comic book batman can do whatever he wants to do in the meantime, Dark Knight fans don't really care.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Is anyone going to see this at midnight/did anyone go to see this at midnight? \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Tyler Durden wrote:
Godzilla wrote:I know the movies are their own universe or whatever, but I don't really get the obsession with wanting to kill off comic book characters in movies that have been frolicking around healthily in comics for 80 years...
Because, Top, it's not about the comic books at all. ;) Nolan's Dark Knight has become a legendary icon to everyone who cares about good films, not just for the Batman fans. The death of his character would probably be an emotionally satisfying, appropriate ending to a well crafted film trilogy. Comic book batman can do whatever he wants to do in the meantime, Dark Knight fans don't really care.
Nolan should just create his own IP instead of ruining perfectly good ones. :noway:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Well, it's about to be released in about 2 hours, and I'm not going to see it until the morning. :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I do plan on seeing it but I'll wait a week or two most likely unless some of my friends really want to see it and I'm not doing anything. I'd rather wait until the crowds die down a little, though.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Let me just say this now... SPOILERS GO INSIDE THE SPOILER TAG! Especially if they reveal Batman's death or no-death. :pray:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Joker wrote:Let me just say this now... SPOILERS GO INSIDE THE SPOILER TAG! Especially if they reveal Batman's death or no-death. :pray:
This.

I plan on seeing it tomorrow night. If I can get tickets tomorrow, that is. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Someone spoiled the end for me, and its really stupid sounding. \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I'm seeing it today at 12:40.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Is anyone going to see this at midnight/did anyone go to see this at midnight? \:D/
I did. It wasn't life-changing to me or anything and Batman Begins is still my favorite, but it's a really, really good movie.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I'm trying to decide if I want to go see it now, or later tonight...bigger crowd at night but it just doesn't seem right to see batman in the middle of the day.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Is anyone going to see this at midnight/did anyone go to see this at midnight? \:D/
Not in Colorado I hope. :o