Odyssey Pets

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Odyssey Pets

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

I'm trying to make a list of Odyssey Pet Names.

Here's what I have, I know I'm missing a bunch.
  • Normal (Donna's dog)
    Kitty (Connie's dog)
    Stay (Chris's dog)
    Boswell (cat)
    Kerplunk (fish)
    Rachel, Leah, and Little Joe (Tom's horses)
    Crackers (Mandy's fish)
    Samson (goat)
    Winona (chimp)
    Dr. What (owl)
    Luthor (mouse)
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Stay... is that from one of the withdrawn episodes then?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Stay... is that from one of the withdrawn episodes then?
It's from A Prisoner for Christ--in the opening Chris is writing a letter to her parents saying she named her dog Stay, so the poor dog is confused every time she calls him "Come here, Stay."
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Ah, that's not in the album version.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

There was Normal, Donna's dog. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Would Lester's "imaginary dog", Ralph, count?

:D

-- Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:49 am --

And there's all of the Parkers' pets that died:
Spanky (fish)
Lester (fish)
White-Out (bunny)

I can't think of the rest

And Suzy (Camilla's friend) has a dog named Spots
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You should list the episodes they’re from.

510: For the Fun of It
Fish (a fish), Cat (a cat), Dog (a dog), Horse (another dog)
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Should you count, Dexter, the Parker's doomed to die bird?
he/him | a little stinker.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I guess so. Maybe we could list him as deceased.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I think this is a current list, which is why none of the dead pets are included. Obviously, if Dr. What was on there, then Dexter would've been if ALL pets were included. And Normal's already the first on the list.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Pet Name - Type of Animal - Owner - Episode Mentioned in
  • Ferguson - Cat - Originally Karen's; willed to Robyn - Various
  • Gus - Elephant - Mulligans - Viva La Difference
  • Chester - Kangaroo - Mulligans - In All Things Give Thanks
  • Unnamed - Dog - Wooton - The Popsicle Kid
  • Unnamed - Dog - Wooton - :-k The Popsicle Kid?
  • Roscoe - Dog - Cody - Best Face Forward
  • Fluffy - Cat - Mandy - Sunset Bowlawater
  • Unnamed - Snake (at least there's one, Mrs. Jason Whittaker ;) ) - David (Strausberg) - Sunset Bowlawater
  • Cat - Cat - Mrs. Randolph - For the Fun of It
  • Fish - Fish - Mrs. Randolph - For the Fun of It
  • Dog - Dog - Mrs. Randolph - For the Fun of It
  • Horse - Dog - Mrs. Randolph - For the Fun of It
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know the Mulligan's had more animals (ostriches, cows...?) but, I can't think of any others that were named. Also, do they really count? I mean, they're zoo animals; they aren't really pets.

Speaking of the Mulligans, in In All Things Give Thanks, Jessica has a cockroach and, sub-sequentially, reptile collection. Do those count?
Leonard Meltsner wrote:I think this is a current list, which is why none of the dead pets are included. Obviously, if Dr. What was on there, then Dexter would've been if ALL pets were included. And Normal's already the first on the list.
I think most of the animals on the list could be safely assumed to be dead. Kitty, for example, was mentioned in Promises, Promises, which was episode #4 in 1987. I don't think most dogs live for 25 years. :anxious:

But, if there's going to be a separate list for definitely-dead pets, Bingo (Trent's Beagle who was ran over by a truck- mentioned in The Invisible Dog) can be added. :)

...actually, I guess that smiley should be :(

;)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Pet Name - Type of Animal - Owner - Episode Mentioned in
  • Ferguson - Cat - Originally Karen's; willed to Robyn - Various
Ferguson was will to Donna. But that's a nice list. :yes:
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

You guys are awesome!! I can always count on you. I now have a good list of Odyssey pet names.

I had forgotten about Fish, Cat, Dog, and Horse. Those are great pet names.

I counted all the Mulligan pets because they named them and treated them like pets, so that's good enough for me. And, yes, I meant to include all pets, living and dead. Thanks for filling in the ones I had missed.

I didn't realize there was a pet snake in Odyssey. What a great choice for a pet. I will now have to listen to that episode again.
-William Booth
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Here's a list on AIOWiki, although it's incomplete.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Jared had a dog too, that was alive during Best Face Forward. Or was that Bingo? Gahh, annoying Odyssey timeline.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

That was Cody, though I don't remember which episode at the moment.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I think this is a current list, which is why none of the dead pets are included. Obviously, if Dr. What was on there, then Dexter would've been if ALL pets were included. And Normal's already the first on the list.
That means you shouldn't count the animals from the start of the show, since chances are they've died in the 20+ years between then and now. :-$
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:That was Cody, though I don't remember which episode at the moment.
I think Jared said something like "If he's anything like my dog, he'll be in the next county by now." I'm not sure exactly what he says, it's been a while since I've heard that episode.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

DanP740 wrote:
That means you shouldn't count the animals from the start of the show, since chances are they've died in the 20+ years between then and now. :-$
I wasn't saying not to include pets from the beginning, just why some ones that we know to be dead weren't on there, like Dexter.