BRAND New Lady Gaga Single 'Judas'!!

It's out! What's the verdict???

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

thegreenringC wrote:
ric wrote:Yes, but one can't just start 20 topics about...basically the same exact thing. ;)

It might be more efficient to just create one general topic about Lady Gaga, or pop singers, or whatnot, and then, when somebody comes out with a new single or whatever (they do that quite often, it seems), just discuss it there.
Like Justin Beiber's Haircut thread \:D/ ... And Marvin I agree with you. I'm not exactly against her. I don't hate her or anything. But about the single... It stinks. Not because I don't like her the lyrics are terrible. Boring.
It was obvious the JB Haircut thread was a complete joke... because I laughed my head off the time I came on and found it - especially after I had been hearing about his haircut through word of mouth and it was just plastered all over the internet. Someone was being funny and brought that one up for kicks.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:
ric wrote:Yes, but one can't just start 20 topics about...basically the same exact thing. ;)

It might be more efficient to just create one general topic about Lady Gaga, or pop singers, or whatnot, and then, when somebody comes out with a new single or whatever (they do that quite often, it seems), just discuss it there.
Like Justin Beiber's Haircut thread \:D/ ... And Marvin I agree with you. I'm not exactly against her. I don't hate her or anything. But about the single... It stinks. Not because I don't like her the lyrics are terrible. Boring.
It was obvious the JB Haircut thread was a complete joke... because I laughed my head off the time I came on and found it - especially after I had been hearing about his haircut through word of mouth and it was just plastered all over the internet. Someone was being funny and brought that one up for kicks.
I think tgrc's point is that the JB thread has turned into a general discussion thread about JB, instead of someone making 3 other topics about him. ;)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

So I heard 'Judas' on the radio when I was driving yesterday.. and I couldn't understand any of the lyrics. :( It just sounded like she was moaning or something. And it sounded too much like some of her others songs. I don't even care enough to listen to it again in hopes that it would grow on me.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Jelly wrote:So I heard 'Judas' on the radio when I was driving yesterday.. and I couldn't understand any of the lyrics. :( It just sounded like she was moaning or something. And it sounded too much like some of her others songs. I don't even care enough to listen to it again in hopes that it would grow on me.
Agreed. I now know all the words, but that is from repeated listens, and looking up the lyrics lol

It's actually a very deep and well executed analogy for being in love with the wrong person. And towards the end of the song, Gaga provides a very revealing and fascinating look at how she sees herself in the world.

Judas is growing on me...........
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Well, for me pop music is only good when it sounds good... so I don't really care what the lyrics are; if it annoys me, I'll probably just turn it off. :P

This thread's going to get so exciting when the music video comes out. \:D/
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

I would love to know what ToO rule my last post broke.......Could someone explain that one?

:-k
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

What? Your post didn't break any rules... :-s
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Perhaps he's mentioning a post that got edited or deleted?

\:D/
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

ric wrote:What? Your post didn't break any rules... :-s
About a paragraph and a half got deleted from my post.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

AIO Psyche wrote:About a paragraph and a half got deleted from my post.
That’s strange. A mod didn’t do it. (it’s not in the log at least)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I've had posts randomly edited/deleted on me without notice before. :( This mod team is intense.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:I've had posts randomly edited/deleted on me without notice before. :( This mod team is intense.
Vicious propaganda. :noway: We may be intense on moving threads to HH, but we do not censor free speech.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

AIO Psyche wrote:
ric wrote:What? Your post didn't break any rules... :-s
About a paragraph and a half got deleted from my post.
I have no knowledge of this. :-s

Maybe it was a malfunction.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I'd rather stick to my conspiracy theories. :x
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Most likely a system error, or maybe you higlighted your paragraph and hit the delete button as your post was getting processed.......

Anyways listened to the song, only the chorus part I liked. Dislike every other part of the song, especially the "Judas, Judaaaaa..." part. Her past songs were better. But my cousin from Vietnam is in love with Lady Gaga's music.

****Since hopefully this turned into the new Lady Gaga thread****
In other news Lady Gaga is underattack for plagiarism by many critics (including her "fans") that her song "Born this way" sounds almost identical to Madonna's song "Express Yourself".

Link here: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplif ... re-broken/

Opinions?
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

AIO Psyche wrote:I would love to know what ToO rule my last post broke.......Could someone explain that one?

:-k
They would have emailed you - in a heart beat. That's the comforting part.

I'm sorry some of it got deleted. :(

Plagiarism... oh gosh... lol.... I've heard this one before with Avril Lavigne...
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

gunblader3 wrote:In other news Lady Gaga is underattack for plagiarism by many critics (including her "fans") that her song "Born this way" sounds almost identical to Madonna's song "Express Yourself".

Link here: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplif ... re-broken/

Opinions?
She's like a modern-day clone of Madonna anyways. ;) And I TOTALLY knew that song sounded familiar.
Last edited by jelly on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

ric wrote:
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:

I think tgrc's point is that the JB thread has turned into a general discussion thread about JB, instead of someone making 3 other topics about him. ;)
Yeah that's exactly what i'm talking about. Lets just make one thread where everything Lady Gaga goes.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

And I personally think that it's fascinating to see an artist openly discuss their status in society and culture. And to do it so openly. I think with each album, her artistry and work has gotten better and better. She is a TRUE artistic that creates everything that is seen or heard by the public.
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Lady Gaga: An unoriginal, untalented imbecile who enjoys recreating the same poop time and time again.

Lady Gaga fans: Lame enablers.

That is all.