Administration Change

Are you new in town? Unfamiliar with what to do first? Pop in and take a look at several helpful guides to get you settled into your new home! You'll also find Mayoral announcements to keep you abreast of the latest developments!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Interesting, I have never seen an admin resign before. This also means that Laura gets two terms in a row.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

:( It's not INTERESTING. I find it tragic. I love you, TKD! :bye: :sniff: :sniff:

\:D/

Post by 31899 »

Moontide wrote:Interesting, I have never seen an admin resign before. This also means that Laura gets two terms in a row.
iluvsns wrote::( It's not INTERESTING. I find it tragic. I love you, TKD! :bye: :sniff: :sniff:
I agree with Moontide, this doesn't happen very often therefore making it interesting. I don't know how many times in total it has happened but I only remember one at this juncture.

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

It was only four terms ago we had the last resignation, when EK had to leave for boot camp.

(and this is now in the wiki)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ohhh, sad. :(

Good luck in the real world. :)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I look forward to helping out snubs and Catspaw and am honored you asked me, however, I'm really going to miss having you around, TKD! :hug:

Thanks for all the congrats, guys. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

First of all, it'll be sad to see you go but congrats on being able to have the maturity and actually doing it. I hope you'll still get on gmail :anxious:

And congratulations to Laura :yes:
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Wow.

I did not see this coming.
What can I say? This is quite an unsettling moment for a number of reasons.
First of all, obviously, the administration change. I think you chose an excellent replacement though. (Although it is a little suspicious that she was just in office.)
But more importantly a member loss. All I can say is I sincerely hope your departure is not as final as you made it sound. I can understand if you need to take some time off now to be with family, and that’s certainly commendable, but to leave for good…
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The Kings Daughter wrote: ...I've decided that at this moment I need to give up the ToO. I'm sorry to disappoint several of you...but, since I can only give the ToO a little time now, I think you all deserve an admin who can keep up with things....
I think that means she won't be gone totally. Plus, we've talked, and she said she'll still be on some.

fixed lots of tags - ric ; )
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

:x You will be missed TKD! I'm glad you're following God's will for you, but this is very sad. :( I hope you will be able to come back at some point!! :yes:
Steve

Post by Steve »

thegreenringC wrote:Man really? Why do all the good people have to leave the ToO? We shall miss you greatly TKD! There is going to be a gap in the ToO that can't be filled by anybody else. :(

But I am happy for you Laura.
Way to demote everyone else to the "bad" people, while TKD is one of the "good" people. :x I sense a story arc... just kidding.
he/him | a little stinker.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Okay, since people have been asking me why I'm still on today, let me try to explain it this way. ;)

I might be able to come and check on things here, it's just that I can't keep an eye on the entire board like I used to be able to, thus, Laura replacing me in that department. I think you all deserve an admin who can keep an eye over the whole board. :- Did that make any sense? I have a headache right now, so tell me if it doesn't. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank goodness :D

(now I have a headache from the big font though)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Right, so I'm not totally leaving, but I won't be on a whole lot, I'll just be popping in a little bit throughout the week. :yes:

Sorry. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

:bye: Awww... I will mis you, TKD.
~Mark Prescott~
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

We'll miss ya The King's Daughter, that'd be the truth. But if ye be doing God's will, then:
May Yahweh protect you and guide you, may he bless you in your barns and all that you put your hand to and give you peace.
And welcome back to power Laura! :D

Triple post edited. : P -Marvin
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I chose Laura because she has lots of experience, which will makes her easier to work with. I would have chosen Marvin D. but these days it seems he doesn't have the time to do the admin job. At least, I don't think he has the time I would need from him. O:)

TKD, is still my right hand girl. \:D/ She just won't be on as much.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I seem busy? :anxious: Hmm, that seems interesting. :- Don't tell that to my parents who think I spend too much time online. *shifty eyes*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

So, if I may ask... Why didn't you guys use Laura as a mod in the first place? Since she's so experienced and everything...

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

They probably didn’t have enough positions.
(Or they knew this was going to happen in advance. :- )