Survivor: ToO!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

So... Uh... When do we get our new challenge?
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Guys, this challenge is over. Just a reminder: new tribes are in play.
Tripplemyai
shadowdog
ID4J
Parker Family
Iluvsns
Yanny

Tribe Surf
Moontide
TGRC
Bookworm
Minichef
Jason Whits Son

While Tribe Surf won immunity, unfortunately, this was a nonelimination challenge. Tribe Surf will receive $5 each.

On to the next challenge. Let me preface this by saying that it will be the most influential challenge in this game for many reasons. While this challenge is simple, its ramifications for the future of this game are not.

For this challenge, you will get as many people as possible, including yourself, to vote for your tribe to win immunity. While some would say that I am making this a popularity contest, that is not true. This challenge is meant to test your powers of persuasion. The rules are simple: send a pm to me saying, "I want Tribe __________ to win." Please fill in the blank with the name of your respective tribe. Whichever tribe has the most people send me this pm, whether playing or not playing this game, will not only win immunity, but will receive the biggest reward in this game.

The reward is as follows: first of all the winning tribe wins immunity. Secondly they get a special power regarding Tribal Council that we will discuss later. Finally, they get $20 per member. Additionally, I will randomly draw one name out of the people from the winning tribe who participated (sent in their vote) and give them $50 in addition to the $20 they have already received. Finally, thanks to the generous donation of Minichef, I will randomly draw one name out of the total number of people who participate (again, in or out of this game) and give them $51.68. This is a total of $201.58 given out just during this challenge. Now, back to the special power, the winning tribe will also collaborate to decide whether they make the other tribe vote out two potentially weaker members, or whether they (the winning tribe) will vote to eliminate one of the stronger members. This is the most powerful challenge in Survivor history. Any questions need to be posted below. I do not want this challenge lost based on a tribe's not knowing information.

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck,
Monty.

EDIT: The deadline to send in your pms is next Saturday. I want you to have time to complete this challenge.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

How can we tell if some of the players are some of the weaker or stronger players, because we haven't had a chance to do any challenges with them, because we just mixed up our teams.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Actually, the mixup means that at least one member from each tribe has been able to interact with members of the other tribe preshuffle.
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

Oh. Okay. This makes sense now.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Hey guys, I've been seeing some massive pms being sent out to support your 'team', but I'm afraid this is not allowed. :(

It's listed in the ToO rules. :)
2.3 - Private Messaging
Please do not PM multiple people on the board with the same message to promote yourself, gain attention, or attract supporters. The private message system allows two people to have a private discussion – it is not a way to promote one's ToO shop, ToO thread, ToO political campaign, or to serve as a personal message board by PMing everybody who is online at the moment, or everyone on the board. If you feel you need to communicate with a large number of members, please use the message board itself... a thread will get more attention and save you from alienating those who feel they have just received ToO Junk Mail.
One thing you CAN do however, is make a signature asking people to send pms to Monty and request your team to win. :yes: Thanks in advance for doing the above! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

Ahh. This is a good idea.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Both tribes have been vigorously working. I applaud your efforts, because this challenge has gotten the most participation. Oh, and I have a message in a bottle that has just been delivered for the winning tribe. I'll open it when this challenge is over.
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

I'm excited for this challenge! Personally, I think it is quite easy.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

The challenge is over. I'll reveal the votes to give people an idea of where the participation level for each tribe stands.
Tribe Surf
Minichef
Iluvsns
Sapphire
AIOluver
Catspaw
Alyssa
Moontide
Bookworm
Stop Wooton' Around

Tripplemyai
Parker Family
Mark Prescott
Shadowdog
Odysseyfan1
Laura Ingalls

By a vote of 9-5, Tribe Surf wins this challenge, immunity, and a host of rewards. First of all, $20 to each of you. Secondly, I will draw a name out of the winning participating tribe members to win $50
And here we go! Round and round the wheel of money goes... Where it stops, nobody knows!

Click

The winner of the additional $50 is... Bookworm! Congratulations!

One last piece of financial business to take care of. Let's spin again!

*Spins*

The winner of the $51.68 is... Sapphire! Congratulations!

Onto the additional rewards. I'll pm you later, Tribe Surf, to see what y'all want to do about Tribal Council.

One last thing... The message in the bottle. You can either spy on Tripplemyai's Tribal Council, or take advantage of another option that we will discuss through pm.

Tripplemyai, I have nothing for you... except a tumultuous day with me at Tribaal Council. Good night, and see you tomorrow!
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

Yay! We won!
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

Congratz guys.....:( sad we lost
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

When do we get the money?
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

When do we get our new challenge? Or is it all over? This has been going on for quite a while now.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Well, if y'all would reply to the two pms I sent you...
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

Oh. Ya. Forgot about that...
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Tribal Council should be over soon...if people will vote.
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

Vote, people, vote!!
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I hate seeing part of my tribe leave
Last edited by shadowdog on Mon May 16, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I did indeed. I now have one vote. The voting will close tomorrow morning.