People You Know Who Know People

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
People You Know Who Know People

Post by Sapphire »

Well, I was talking to a friend last night. My friend is Haitian. She was talking about her grandma. She said, "My grandma, got a friends request on Facebook from like the former dictator of Haiti who was exiled,"

In my head, I was was like. Oy vey!

My friend continued, "She said that they were like besties with his family. I was like, 'Grandma, up should probably refuse his request.' "

Thankfully, my friend's grandma didn't make the former dictator of Haiti who was exiled her friend. Now, I'm not one hundred percent sure that this is all true because my friend sometimes exaggerates. :- So, do you know any people who know people? Famous people? Wacky people? You name it! \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

In the Bush administration, I knew the Consolate General for Bermuda. In fact, I was friends with his son.
~Mark Prescott~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I was going to make a topic of famous people we actually have met. This is close enough. My parents have met Charles Ryrie, the one who's written the Ryrie Study Bible, and we all have met Dave Hunt and T.A. McHahon, who run The Berean Call. \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

My friends dad is pretty good friends with the lead singer of 'The Fray'. \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I know a guy who might someday be a famous hockey player. ;) Right now he's just in the WHL. Which is sorta famous.
I'm crossing my fingers hoping that someday he'll play in the NHL and then I can say I was friends with him in high school haha.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I "know" lots of Christian bands that were up and coming in the early to mid 00's. ;) But people I know who know people... my inlaws are like best friends with Jeremy Camp's parents. My best friend is really good friends with Senator Orin Hatch's grandson. I'm a casual acquaintance of the brother of Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan. My same best friend mentioned above's mom is the secretary for Congressman Jim Jordan which is cool in itself and has led to her meeting a lot of Washington big wig types... Newt Gingrich, John Boehner, John Kasich, etc.

Ehh... I'm sure there are more connection I'm not thinking of but there is a start. :x
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

This does not really have to do with the topic, Sapphire, but it is so awesome that you know a Haitian! My mom was a missionary there 6 years and she is fluent in Haitian Creole! I knew a guy who was a newcaster, I'm not sure on which TV channel. And I met the state representative from West Virginia and she had met President Bush! I dont think thats very exciting... I just dont have any connections. :cry:

\:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My mom talked to Tony Dungy's dad a few years back, and she is also friends with the daughter of a former Michigan State basketball coach.

A friend of our family used to be neighbors with someone who formerly lived next to Ron Howard, if that makes sense. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

My friend used to live next door to Joe Sakic. Some of you hockey fans might know who he is....
Last edited by ric on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

ric wrote:My friend used to live next door to Joe Sakic. Come of you hockey fans might know who he is....
Of course! That's very cool. :D

Hmmm, I can't think of any exciting connections that I have. I have met Shadowpaw (more than once!) - does that count? ;)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

My best friend is the pope! \:D/

:wink:

Let's see how far I can stretch this...
  • My 7th grade Spanish teacher's husband is the current goalie for the Anaheim Ducks.
  • My mom's cousin is the former Nebraska athletic director (currently at Pitt).
  • Heisman trophy winner, Eric Crouch, went to my high school; my sister lifted waits with him once.
  • My great aunt lived next door to Andy Griffith.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

That would be spelled 'weights' KBT ;)
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

This is a stretch, but my cousin met Harrison Ford. :- (met, as in was in the same museum as him, sensed someone behnd her at one of the displays, turned around, and there he was! \:D/ she managed to squeak out a 'hi' or something and then was completely embarassed as a friend skipped up humming the Indiana Jones theme. )
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

- My dad is best friends with Paul Washer!

- A good family friend of mine is good friends with Michael W. Smith. In fact, this summer they spent a whole weekend with him and his family. :yes:

- My great uncle is James Stewart. :D
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Over the Rainbow wrote:- My dad is best friends with Paul Washer!
Awesome! We went to a missions conference where he was speaking last year, and I stood in the lobby for like 10 minutes next to him! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

iluvsns wrote:This does not really have to do with the topic, Sapphire, but it is so awesome that you know a Haitian! My mom was a missionary there 6 years and she is fluent in Haitian Creole!
That's cool, iluvsns! I actually know two families who are Haitian.

Duh! How could I forget this one!? I was a a conference, and Paul Wilbur taught a class I was in! :shock: I also met two somewhat famous violinists. I know three people who are good friends with The Hunt Family Fiddlers. Wow! I have more connections that I realized. \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

My mom was really good friends with Michial Tait's sis, and he got to meet him once too.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

StrongNChrist wrote:That would be spelled 'weights' KBT ;)
He was a very patient quarter back! :tongue2:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Virginia's Lt. Governor just spoke at my work today! \:D/ I didn't shake his hand though. :( And a friend of mine knows Virginia's attorney general and is helping him write legislation combating obamacare! \:D/
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

American Eagle wrote:
Over the Rainbow wrote:- My dad is best friends with Paul Washer!
Awesome! We went to a missions conference where he was speaking last year, and I stood in the lobby for like 10 minutes next to him! \:D/
Well, my dad has his number on speed dial! :x And whenever he comes to visit, he stays in my room! :x Thus, forcing me to sleep on the couch. :?