THE SCARIEST Episode/s ?

I used to have a episode that I was totally scared of when I was little. How about you?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Samwise
Love to love

THE SCARIEST Episode/s ?

Post by Samwise »

When I was little I used to very scared of the following episodes.

The Mysterious Stranger I & II
Underground Railroad I, II, & III
Some from the Darkness Before Dawn and other Blackgaard episodes.

I'm not scared at all now. :p REALLY!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Ha ha, when I was little, the one that REALLY scared me was the one about Jimmy when his cousin came to visit. :P It was something "cauldron" is all I remember.

It traumatized me so much, that to this day, I still haven't gotten a chance to finish listening to it. :P Of course, it really wasn't that scary, I was just a weird little kid. 8-[

Sarah
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

Yeah, I remember that one, I haven't listened to it in a long time. It's about the dangers of hardcore D&D.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Castles and Cauldrons?
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Screech wrote:Castles and Cauldrons?
Oh yeah I forgot this freaked me out like crazy.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Yes! *covers ears* LA LA LA LA LA, I can't hear you! It scared me SOOOO MUCH. It was almost funny how terrified I was of it. My brothers and sisters would torture me, haha, and make me listen to it. Yeah, they were strange too. :-k

Sarah
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I liked that episode!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I still don't like listening to some episodes at night! The Mysterious Stranger is one of those. An episode that really isn't that scary, but that scared me as a child, is The Treasure of LeMonde!. The first time I listened to it, I was around eleven or twelve, and I had a room by myself in the basement of our house. I had just received the set, and I really wanted to listen to all of the episodes, so I was lying awake (but in the dark) around midnight. If I remember right, I had already been a little freaked out by the stampede and Indian raid in The Ill-Gotten Deed. Then Professor Webster entered unexpectedly and said, "The middle one, of course" to Robyn and Connie. I was so scared! I immediately memorized that line. Now I know that it's coming, I say it with them. It was the shock, and the late hour, that freaked me out when I was younger. Some episodes are just scary, but I'm okay with that one now.

The Case of the Secret Room is one that I still don't listen to much at night, because I start picturing the skeleton, and then my fertile imagination starts reaching a skeleton arm out from onderneath my bed...for that raeson. The Search for Whit is also a bit creepy, with all the skeleton potential. *shivers uncontrollably* Okay, I'm all right now. :^o [/i]
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

That was really creepy.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Indeed, Castles and Cauldrons was somewhat frightening when I heard it for the first time . . . without mom and dad, even though Dr. Dobson told me to get them. 8-[
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Ray wrote:
Oh yeah I forgot this freaked me out like crazy.
Freaked me out too.........and at 15 yrs old I wasn't so "little" when I first heard it............but I'm not scared anymore.

Another ep that freaked me out the first time I heard it was "The Curse".......that was like the 3rd or 4th ep I heard.........and I thought it was real....in the fictional world.........I also remember saying "me too" when Lucy Connie and Eugene were appologizing to Whit. :D Now that's proof I was hooked early on..........appologizing to a radio show long before I developed any real "bond" with the characters.

The whole scene in "Plan B: Crossfire" (I think) with "Robert Mitchel is dead" was "scary"........but not like I was afraid.......but more of a "NOOOOOOOOOOO" reaction.........though I was among the first to figure he was probably in the Witness Protection Program......even before "Strange Boy in a Strange Land".

"The Mortal Coil" was kinda scary just cuz of the thought that Whit was dying and all.

I don't think I got scared in the slightest by any DBD eps. I found Jack's dreams to be "weird" but not scary.

I take that back........there were scenes in DBD where it looked like Blackgaard / Glossman were going to win the battle that I got scared.......not like nighmare scared, just worried that the bad guys would win.

That's all I can really think of right now (I'm suppose to be sleeping, but my body won't cooperate).........so maybe later my brain will join in the games a bit more and I can come up with some more stuff.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

The Secret Room and Castles and Cauldrons are the ones that used to freak me out the most. They still do if I listen to them in a dark room late at night when I am really tired.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Indeed, Castles and Cauldrons was somewhat frightening when I heard it for the first time . . . without mom and dad, even though Dr. Dobson told me to get them. 8-[
Same here. I was about 6 years old and couldn't imagine why I needed to get my parents. :lol: The show didn't scare me at all... I liked it. :oops:
I'm not sure there were any shows that really scared me...
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Hmm. I'm a weird one too, so rather than episodes, certain sounds in episodes used to freak me out. This one noise in particular-- you hear it in Afraid, Not! when Rusty scared Danny, and in Pilgrim's Progress Revisited.

Say, what IS that noise?
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Me wrote:They still do if I listen to them in a dark room late at night when I am really tired.
I must agree with Me. Those ep still scare me if it's late, mostly because I remember being really scared when I was little.

Castles and Cauldrons never really scared me because I didn't understand it for the longest time. Ignorance is bliss.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

"The Unraveling" kinda made me uneasy, the scene where Justine dies. Of course, I first listened to that ep in my room when it was dark, so it was a little scary for me. I also didn't really like Plan B (I can't remember which part), when Arthur Dent screamed that he was dying, and that Mr. Whittaker should help him. Those were the only ones that really "scared" me.

One of my really good friends (she's 20), got really scared by the ep "Blackgaard's Revenge". She says she'll never listen to it again.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Evil Chick wrote:"The Unraveling" kinda made me uneasy, the scene where Justine dies. Of course, I first listened to that ep in my room when it was dark, so it was a little scary for me. I also didn't really like Plan B (I can't remember which part), when Arthur Dent screamed that he was dying, and that Mr. Whittaker should help him. Those were the only ones that really "scared" me.
Those are certainly troubling scenes but since I was already into my teens when I heard them I wasn't "scared."
Evil Chick wrote:One of my really good friends (she's 20), got really scared by the ep "Blackgaard's Revenge". She says she'll never listen to it again.
My mom really hated that show because she thought it was too creepy.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Chandler wrote:
Evil Chick wrote:"The Unraveling" kinda made me uneasy, the scene where Justine dies. Of course, I first listened to that ep in my room when it was dark, so it was a little scary for me. I also didn't really like Plan B (I can't remember which part), when Arthur Dent screamed that he was dying, and that Mr. Whittaker should help him. Those were the only ones that really "scared" me.
Those are certainly troubling scenes but since I was already into my teens when I heard them I wasn't "scared."
That's why I said "made me uneasy." I wasn't like scared, so I couldn't sleep or anything, but it was kinda spooky a little, you know?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Yeah I understand. :) "Castles and Cauldrons" is spookier to me too now that I know what's really going on.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

If I listen to any mystery's at night, in a dark room I can get scared. There are some that the music just is scary.

But, If I listen to AIO in the afternoon or morning I'm fine!

Even though AIO mysteries can scare me they are the best! The VVEERRYY best!