Mission Impossible! (Mission 2 - Huge Heist!)

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Mission Impossible! (Mission 2 - Huge Heist!)

Post by jelly »

Mission 2 - Huge Heist!

So for those who recall the last Mission, the goal was to find the mysterious ToO Treasure. Turns out that the job was more difficult that it seemed, because the Treasure had been stolen! Thankfully it was recovered, however the thief is still at large!

NOTE: If you want a full report of the Treasure Hunt occurrences, PM me! Some of the information may be necessary in order to complete future Mission. Remember that all the Mission play off each other, creating one big story line! It's good to get caught up.

And now, your next Mission!

So here's the deal... since the ToO Treasure robbery, the police team have been keeping a watchful eye on a number of suspects. A few days ago we intercepted an untraceable message. According to the message, the same person(s) who stole the Treasure are planning another heist! We need as much help as we can get in order to stop this from happening.

Here's the three things you need to figure out:
  • What they're planning to steal
  • When they're planning to steal it
  • Who the thief is
To win, just PM me the answers to those three questions. Remember, there's a hefty reward for the first people to solve this case!

NOTE: It's kinda like Clue... if you think you know what the answers are, just PM me anyway!

Here's the message we intercepted... it's very cryptic!
Hey man, wassup? Ya, I'm the same guy who stole the Treasure. Anyway we're planning another big heist, k? We'll meet in the Podcast Room, after I pick up some stuff from the City Records. Hey, can you pick up a pizza on the way over?
This guy is a real pro. :o

So, what are you waiting for?? :mad:

REMEMBER: If you're really stuck, you can give me a donation in exchange for some help. The bigger the donation, the better the help! All money from donations get added to the Reward money.

DEADLINE:
  • Saturday, March 27th - 10:00PM EST
WINNER(S): REWARD:
  • $585 - bookworm & V-lady
  • Special Item from the Mission Impossible Shop - bookworm & V-lady
  • $200 - Irwin
  • Personalized rank bar - Irwin
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Do I lose if I guess the wrong?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Moontide wrote:Do I lose if I guess the wrong?
Nope. \:D/
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

Yay for mission 2!!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Huzzah for the newest and even more epic mission!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Good thing I was able to get on tonight!
I only have a little bit, but perhaps I can get something worked out...
*begins furiously tracking thief*
Last edited by bookworm on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Unfortunately, everyone, this deadline is tomorrow night, 10:00 EST! :mad: And we have reason to believe that the heist will happen BEFORE that time!

There are actually seven of you who are already Investigators, on the right track! Just because people have been posting in this thread doesn't mean that there hasn't been a lot of action behind the scenes. And it's not to late to join in! The more people working on this case, the better!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Can we still PM you if we figure out the answers, even though bookworm and V-Lady have already "won"?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

This Mission is now OVER! \:D/

I know it's a few hours early, but the criminal already turned himself in!
(see this thread)

Who won?
  • Bookworm and V-lady figured it out before it actually happened, and they split a prize of $585, giving them each $292.50. They will also receive a special item from the Mission Impossible Shop (when I finally get it up).
  • Irwin managed to "capture" the criminal and recover Catspaw's rank bar, so he gets the bonus $200 prize as well as a personalized rank bar!
ShadowSa1nt, who stole Catspaw's rank bar and left graffiti in the Padded room, will be doing a week of community service. ;)

Thank you all for playing! \:D/ I know some of you were very close and didn't make it, but there's always the next Mission!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You didn't say there was going to be a second part?
I could have done that, I knew who had it. :noway:

Awesome job anyway, it was very fun!