Capture the Flag

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Capture the Flag

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Capture the Flag - traditionally played outdoors, now being adapted for the ToO! \:D/ Spirit Week was such fun doing everything together as a team, that I wanted to try this team game and see how it turned out.

The basic premise of Capture the Flag, for those who don't know, is that each of two teams hides a flag on their territory and try to capture the other team's flag first.

In this version, depending on how many people sign up by 7 pm EST this evening, I will split everyone into 2 or 3 teams. Each team will be identified by the color of their flag - Team Red, Team Blue, and Team Green. \:D/ You will all have to collaborate on where on the board you want to hide your flag - any of the main boards are acceptable areas. No factions or subscriber only areas allowed. Once a majority of you decide, someone has to PM me the link to the exact post that you want me to edit, and I will then place your flag there! You may or may not want to choose a main spokesperson to take care of final decision making and PMs. :)

Small sample image of the flags:

Since this is such a huge board, without a little help it would probably be impossible to find the other flags. SO - each team that composes some sort of riddle or clue to the location of their flag will receive a bonus prize of $5 per person. :yes:

Tomorrow morning, I will be posting the clues that I receive from each team, and everyone is free to start looking in earnest! The first person to find an opposing team's flag and PM the image to me will win the game for their team. Team members can discuss the riddles and throw out ideas of where to look, split up areas for each person to search, etc. Working together will help all of you!

The winners of the contest will win a prize of $10 per person on the team. \:D/

Post here if you would like to sign up. There's going to be an entry fee of a measly $1, so make sure you donate that to me after you post if you want to play! O:) Also, please make sure you will be able to be on to help your team at least SOME before you sign up. Non-participation ruins things for the rest of us. ;)

Any questions?
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Sounds fun. I'll play! \:D/
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I would like to play. \:D/
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Huzzah! *signs up*
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Enter me, please. \:D/
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Sign me up. :)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

So far, I've gotten everybody's donation except for Pseudonym's - so that means at the moment we have 4 official players. \:D/

The more people sign up, the more fun it'll be! :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Errr... there's a fee? :anxious:

Oh, right, right... O:)
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I'll give it a try. \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Pseudonym wrote:Errr... there's a fee? :anxious:

Oh, right, right... O:)
Read all the way to the end, Pseudo. :x

InHisArms wrote:I'll give it a try. \:D/
Yay, great! \:D/
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Ooohh, I love Capture the Flag! \:D/ I'm willing to part with a dollar to join in the fun.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

oooooh
Sign me up.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I join presently!

-- 09 22 09 12:03.16 --

EDIT: I paid the entrance fee!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

I, too would like to play this most awesome game! \:D/

But I do have a question. How will teams discuss where to hide their flag without other teams seeing?

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Private hidden faction group thingies that I just created using my new admin powers! \:D/ Yayness!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

So if a team even makes a riddle (to say nothing of whether it is used by the other team), all the members get $5, whether or not that team wins?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

That's right! :) So if all teams make a riddle, every player will get some sort of prize, even the teams that don't find a flag. That's some good incentive to work on a riddle. ;)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

These ideas are so creative, Laura! \:D/

Please sign me up!
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thank you! :D Trent and I had a lot of fun brainstorming all the ideas.

12 players and there's still more than 5 hours left to sign up! Come one, come all. \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

*signs up*