The Sound Of Music

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
The Sound Of Music

Post by Sapphire »

What do you think of The Sound Of Music?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

It is a good movie. If I recall correctly, it was inaccurate in quite a few points, but a good plot by good producers!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It isn't labeled as a historical epic, it's labeled as a musical. A few little historical quibbles don't bother me at all. ;)

This has long been one of my and my sister's favourite movies! Julie Andrews is fantastic, and I've seen the movie many, many times. I have the soundtrack too. The music and songs are wonderful. :D I've never seen a stage version, but it would be hard to hear the familiar songs without the wonderful familiar voices from the movie, I think. :-k

I did read the book about the real-life von Trapp family and their singing group a number of years ago - it was quite different from the movie in a lot of ways, but it was very interesting.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It's all right, not one of my favorites.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

I bet the didn't really sing all those songs in real life.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Catspaw wrote:It isn't labeled as a historical epic, it's labeled as a musical. A few little historical quibbles don't bother me at all. ;)

This has long been one of my and my sister's favourite movies! Julie Andrews is fantastic, and I've seen the movie many, many times. I have the soundtrack too. The music and songs are wonderful. :D I've never seen a stage version, but it would be hard to hear the familiar songs without the wonderful familiar voices from the movie, I think. :-k

I did read the book about the real-life von Trapp family and their singing group a number of years ago - it was quite different from the movie in a lot of ways, but it was very interesting.
The show is really great, actually! I was in it, although I had a very small role. I was a party guest and I waltzed. But I think my school did a really excellent job with the performance.

That's actually the only thing I know about the Sound of Music is the play. I've never seen the whole movie, although I've seen different parts of it over the years. I like a lot of the music, though, especially My Favorite Things, and I think my friend Melissa (who played Maria in my school's show) did a great job at that song.

<3<3<3
BBB
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This is a top 25 all time for me. Not my favorite, but still pretty good. (Music, especially).
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I played Captain Von Trapp in when our school did the play! \:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Pirate Oriana wrote:I bet the didn't really sing all those songs in real life.
How can you say that! :shame:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

*thread merged*

The Sound of Music is going on ABC Family in seven minutes or so. Anyone else going to watch it? I'm going to try to sit straight through it. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've seen this on TV before. It must be a popular movie to air on television (like The Phantom Menace). Of course, I've seen the regular version as well. I won't be watching it... don't have cable. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Not me. Not one of my favorite movies. I'd rather watch Narnia, Mary Poppins or one of the animated Disney movies.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

:x

I've been watching it nightly for the last week.
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

The Sound of Music. :inlove:

It's been quite awhile since I've seen the movie, but it's definitely a classic musical I would like to revisit sometime soon. :D
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

It just finished three minutes ago! What a wonderful movie!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Everybody run! The hills are ALIIIIIIIIIVE!
No humor was harmed in the typing of this post.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

LizzieG wrote:The Sound of Music. :inlove:

It's been quite awhile since I've seen the movie, but it's definitely a classic musical I would like to revisit sometime soon. :D
I must concur! \:D/

I've never watched the movie on TV, since we had the classic two-VHS set growing up, and now we have the DVD. :D I'm glad you enjoyed watching it all, Irwin!
Mr.Whit
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Mr.Whit »

Ashame I missed it great movie
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

KODY 105 wrote:Everybody run! The hills are ALIIIIIIIIIVE!
with the sound of music :-

Till the end of the line.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Shennifer wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:Everybody run! The hills are ALIIIIIIIIIVE!
with the sound of music :-
Ahh-ah-ah-ahh! \:D/