Quick! Cunning Creativity Needed!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Quick! Cunning Creativity Needed!

Post by LizzieG »

Hypothetically speaking, if you were going to surprise someone with a visit to their dorm, how would you do it to ensure maximum shock/surprise? Sneak in her room and surprise her (if you could get in)? Knock on the door? Be sitting in the hallway? "Run into her" somewhere, if at all possible? Disguises? Phone calls? ...?

You'd think that after two months I would have come up with the perfect idea by now, but... :anxious:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I think the best way would be to find out when this person has a lot of free time. If you have time for a visit, you want this person to have time as well. You don't want to catch her leaving to run an errand or class or something. If this doesn't work, just wing it, to borrow the colloquialism.

When you have selected a time, just go up and knock on her door. If anyone asks who it is, say "an old friend" in as best a disguised voice as possible.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If they're an AIO fan, I would knock on the door and say, "Room service, Mr. Glossman!" with a mild accent. \:D/ You could bring some of her favourite snacks along (and maybe your cool autographed Official Guide for her to look at) with this plan. However, if she isn't an AIO fan, she just might call security, which is bad. ;) You could phone ahead, just to make sure that it would be a good time, but pretend to be from the IRS or dorm authorities ("We've received word that you may be having a crazy friend visit in the near future...how seriously should we take this warning?") or something like that. Or you could just show up at her door, throw it open, and yell "Surprise!!!" and throw imaginary confetti! \:D/
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Luckily, she has her own room this semester, so I don't have to worry about pesky roommates. ;)

And yes, she is an AIO fan! Though... she's already seen my Guide and actually has one of her own (compliments of yours truly). But how to implement an Odyssey scheme without her automatically knowing it's me would be tricky... :-k

And did I mention that this is happening tomorrow? \:D/
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Perhaps you could visit in the evening and announce yourself with "Nocturnal felicitations!" like Eugene in "A Most Surprising Answer." Or call at 15:00 and say nothing for a little bit. If she doesn't catch on, say it is reminiscent of "Thre O'clock Call." Hm... maybe not.

If you call her, you could say, "Hello, who's on Lizzie's phone?" to the tune of De Camptown Races like Wooton!

Or you could do something like, "Hello. This the office of Harlow Doyle, Private Eye. We are calling about your appointment at [the time of your visit]. Will this work for you?"
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Bring her chocolate and carnations at 7:00 in the morning...

Wait....

\:D/

Nonetheless, that would be kinda funny...
I do what I do.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I would start banging on her door really loudly and scare her, then hide when she comes to the door. Then call her, and stand outside her door, and while you're talking to her say "open the door".

I don't know.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Find a time when she's studying in her dorm room - then call her and say, "Look out your back window!" Right before she responds back, hang up and chuckle knowingly to yourself. Then wait a few minutes before knocking on her door and exclaim, "Open the door and tell me you forgive me!" :pray:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Or call, whisper, "Look in your driveway" and then hang up! \:D/
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Catspaw wrote:If they're an AIO fan, I would knock on the door and say, "Room service, Mr. Glossman!" with a mild accent... Or you could just show up at her door, throw it open, and yell "Surprise!!!" and throw imaginary confetti! \:D/
Trent DeWhite wrote:Find a time when she's studying in her dorm room - then call her and say, "Look out your back window!" Right before she responds back, hang up and chuckle knowingly to yourself. Then wait a few minutes before knocking on her door and exclaim, "Open the door and tell me you forgive me!" :pray:
Catspaw wrote:Or call, whisper, "Look in your driveway" and then hang up! \:D/
:lol:

Non-AIO suggestions appreciated too. :yes:
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'd settle for something simple. Call her when she's in her room, chat for a little while, and then knock on the door. \:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

You could just do the secret knock.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Trent DeWhite wrote:I'd settle for something simple. Call her when she's in her room, chat for a little while, and then knock on the door. \:D/
Oh, that would be funny to do that and comment that it's been awhile since you'd seen her, you should get together sometime soon... hoping to elicit a similar response from her. Then when she agrees, say "how about now?" and knock. \:D/

I don't do real creativity; I just expand on the good ideas of others. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

darcie wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:I'd settle for something simple. Call her when she's in her room, chat for a little while, and then knock on the door. \:D/
Oh, that would be funny to do that and comment that it's been awhile since you'd seen her, you should get together sometime soon... hoping to elicit a similar response from her. Then when she agrees, say "how about now?" and knock. \:D/

I don't do real creativity; I just expand on the good ideas of others. ;)
I had a friend do something like that a few days ago, except he called to cancel a prescheduled visit...and then, oh!, ding dong. Unfortunately, my friend didn't really like the little stunt.

You should wrap yourself up in a huge box, LizzieG, put yourself in the box outside of her door, and then somehow knock or something...or something. :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

darcie wrote:
Precisely. Just omit the "How about now?" part. ;)

LizzieG: *knocks*
Friend: Hold on, Lizzie, there's someone at the door.
LizzieG: ...
Friend: *opens door* LizzieG! :hug:
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

May I ask what voices you will have at your disposal? Yours and if anyone's with you.
And what is your relation to the deceas..er..person?

I had a good idea, but I don't want you to get in trouble with the law for "breaking and entering" or "attempted burglary" so.. :-
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I will only have myself. And this person is one of my dearest friends. :yes:

Unfortunately, I missed my flight so I will be arriving around midnight. So I'll probably just go with the boring knock-and-then-wait-for-the-door-to-open. Though she'll probably just say "come in!" from inside the room, and then my makeshift climactic moment will be... less climactic. :(

Though I do like the phone call idea. :-k

She should still be awake when I get there. :anxious:
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

LizzieG wrote:I will only have myself. And this person is one of my dearest friends. :yes:

Unfortunately, I missed my flight so I will be arriving around midnight. So I'll probably just go with the boring knock-and-then-wait-for-the-door-to-open. Though she'll probably just say "come in!" from inside the room, and then my makeshift climactic moment will be... less climactic. :(

Though I do like the phone call idea. :-k

She should still be awake when I get there. :anxious:
What if you burst into her room panting all like "(insert friends name here)!! I'm so sorry for you! *pant* If only I had been there maybe I could've stopped *pant* it from happening! *pant* Have the police called you yet? *pant* No? *pant* Have you turned on the tv yet? *pant* No? *pant* good *pant* I would hate for you to have to find out there.." *pant*

Of course, I'm always thinking of the crime side of things... :- :anxious:
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Knock on the door, then try to hide. When she opens the door, jump out and shout, "Surprise!" O:)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Jenari Redev wrote:Knock on the door, then try to hide. When she opens the door, jump out and shout, "Surprise!" O:)
Simple, yet effective. :D