Win, Win Win!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Win, Win Win!

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

This contest is a written contest there are two things or both you could do:

1) For $5 you could send in a poem. The winner wins $10, the second gets 5, the 3rd, 4th, 5th gets $2.

2)For $10 you could send in a story. The winner wins $15, the second gets 10, the 3rd, 4th, 5th gets $5.

All stories and poems can be sent in till the 13th of July. Keep writing!

[Edit-Double post-AIOP]
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

Stories about what?
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

i think whatever
Hawk
Brings Love and Joy

Post by Hawk »

How long of a story?
Sorry guys, I lost internet. Hope to see you again soon!
Nick Riley
insert dash here

Post by Nick Riley »

as long as you want I think
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

The stories can be as long as you like and about anything.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Also, you have to send it by Private message.
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

The same goes with the poems.
Sonny C Rathbne Doyle
OK

Post by Sonny C Rathbne Doyle »

Whatis this man! let's bring the cameras!
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I enterd. I want to know what you think of my story!
*returns*
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

I think the story is great. If no one else enters the competitoon then I will forward the ending day. Your story is as in:

Tornado Day - By Kayla

INTRO:
"Come on. Hurry! Let's go! Pick up the pace! In you go" One of the counselers at Camp Wanoma.
It was one of the worst days of my life. I personally like to call it
"Tornado Day"
- Written after a true story
"Come on McKayla! Time to get up!" My counseler, Miss Von, coaxed.
"Another start to another normal day." I said. But what I didn't know was that it was not any ordinary day.
"Come on! I want to be ontime for breakfast!" My best friend, Malina said.
DONG DONG DONG
"There's the breakfest bell! Let's get a move on!" I said.
When we got inside the mess hall, Malina said, "mmm, today I'm gonna have pankakes smutherd in butter and syrup!"
"Thats just gross Malina! But that is what you enjoy eating!" I said.
All of a sudden a huge bolt of lightning crashed and a loud roll of thunder interupted our breakfast. The power went out.
Then we hear a voice that sounded like the director of the camp. "Allright everybody. Head to the explorer chapel!"
When we got to safety in the chapel, the director spoke. " Ok, we have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that we have a genorator." Everybody cheerd. "The bad news is that its out of gas."
"Here. I brought a portable radio! Let's turn it on!" Miss Von said.
The radio crackled and it we heard the broadcast. "For everybody at Camp Wanoma and around that area, I'd head for the lowest level of the building that you are in. You have a TWO tornadoes headed right for you. So head for cover." CLICK
"Ok kids. Stay calm." The director said. "The only thing that we can do is pray."
About a half an hour later, and tons of praying, the power came back on. It was a lot more calm outside as well.
"Thank the Lord! He kept us safe!" I said.
A little later, we found out that one of the tornadoes hit the barn that was about a mile away. The other one got cut off 2 miles away from the camp.
We were so happy the rest of the week.
We learned that God protects us through the tough times.

The end.

Good work. Remeber though, The stories must be original.. If you are sending in for a friend, put it in your friend's name.
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I did write that! I just changed the names for the story! Kayla is my real name! That is my origanal story! :pray: PLEASE BELIVE ME!
*returns*
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

I write stories too like the Mystery of the stolen electronics. It goes like this:
The Mystery of the Stolen Electronics

Detective Pam Miller and her brother, Detective Bob, were having lunch when her cell phone rang.

“Hello, this is Detective Pam, How can I help you? Hmm… a case, I see. Okay I’ll be there. 1pm sharp. Bye boss.”

“What’s going on, sis? I haven’t finished my mashed potatoes.”

“What’s going on? I’ll tell you what’s going on. We’ve got a case!”

“You’re kidding! I can’t wait.”

“Boss told us to be in his office by one.”

“One? It’s five minutes to one!”

“We got to go now.”

“What about the mash potatoes?”

“What about the mash potatoes?”

“I’ll pack them and eat in the car.”

“You are going to eat in my car?”

“Never mind, where’s my wallet?”

“I’ll pay, if I can find my wallet.”

“Two minutes left.”

“Stop bothering me.”

“Let’s just go!!”

“Bye waiter! We’ll pay you back later!”

“Now let’s GO!”

They arrived at the boss’ office five minutes late.

“Hmm…. I excuse you this time but don’t be late again.”

The Boss explained to them that a robbery had just happened at No.95, Wellington Street, and that they’ve been assigned to the case.

Detective Miller went straight to her office and packed her briefcase. Detective Bob was waiting for her with the car when she came out. They put on the siren and sped off to the crime scene.

When they arrived at the crime scene, they decided that Detective Bob should scout around the vicinity to look for witnesses and clues while Detective Pam should interview the victim. The victim was a sweet, petite old lady named Miss Robinson. She had curly grey hair, tied neatly in a ponytail. She wore a long-sleeved blouse and black long pants.

Detective Pam: “Hello, I am Detective Pam Miller from the House Robbery Agency. I understand that a robbery had just occurred here and I am here to help in the investigation. Are you Miss Robinson, ma’am?”

“Yes, I am, dear. Are you here to investigate on the robbery?” inquired Miss Robinson

Detective Pam: “Well, yes. Now Miss Robinson, please tell me exactly what you saw.”

Miss Robinson: “I was sitting in my bedroom, listening to the 12 ‘o’ clock news while checking my e-mail, when I heard Mr. Finster, my gardener, shouting loudly for help. I rushed downstairs and unlocked the front door to see what had happened. Suddenly, a heavily built man in a cloak rushed in, grabbed me, and shoved me into the hall closet and locked me in there. While in the closet, I heard light footsteps entering the house. Then I heard whispering. After that, I heard them going up the stairs. After about an hour, I heard Mr. Finster calling my name. I shouted for him to unlock the closet. When he opened the door, I saw that He had been bruised in the face and his shirt was torn. I immediately went to the phone and dial 911. I then went around the house to see what had been taken. I’ve made a list of all the items missing.

Detective Pam: “Thank you for the list. Are you in any way hurt?”

Miss Robinson: “No, just a slight bruise on my left arm when I was shoved into the closet.”

Detective Pam: “Can you tell me a little about Mr. Finster. How long has he been working for you? Has he ever entered the house?”

Miss Robinson: “Oh, I don’t really know him. He was recommended to me by Mr. Electron, my neighbor. Besides gardening, he also washes my windows.

Detective Pam: “Thanks for the information. I think I would like to have a word with Mr. Electron. The crime lab assistants will be here soon to look for fingerprints and other clues. Is there anything else you need to tell me? Would you like me to make you a cup of tea?

Miss Robinson: “No, I’m fine. Just a little shaken, but fine. Thank you.”

Detective Pam: “I’ll let you know if we find anything.”

Detective Pam then left the house. While on her way to meet her brother, she stumbled on a letter addressed to the police on the porch. It wasn’t sealed so she opened it. She was surprise to see the note, which reads:

Dear Police,
I am a witness. I have proof that Mr. Electron did the crime. Meet me in the alley beside Electron’s Used Electronics at five ‘o’ clock on the fifth of May.

A troubled witness

She met her brother at the car and showed him the note. He looked at it and said,

“Put that with the other clues. How did the interview go? Did you find out anything significant? All I found was this old business card that belonged to a Mr. Electron.”

Detective Pam: “Mr. Electron is the neighbor who introduced the gardener to Miss Robinson. I feel we should pursue this lead. There’s something going on between the two, and I think they may have something to do with the robbery. In the meantime, let’s get back tot the base and sort this mystery out.

They went of to the headquarters and scanned the note for fingerprints.

Detective Pam: “Look! There plenty of finger prints!”

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and the crime lab scientists (CLS) came in.

CLS: “We took fingerprints of all your suspects.”

Detective Pam: “Thank you. Bob, the fingerprints on the note match Mr. Finster’s fingerprints!!”

Detective Bob: “I’ll get Mr. Electron and Miss Robinson over for you to interrogate and I will go meet whoever it is who is at the electronics store.

Ten minutes later…..

Detective Pam: “Let’s begin. Mr. Electron, can you explain how your business card got into Miss Robinson’s house.”

Mr. Electron: “It must have dropped out of my pants pocket when I visited.”

Detective Pam: “Are you sure?”

Mr. Electron: “Very Sure.”

Miss Robinson: “But you never visited my house, not to my knowledge at least.”

Detective Pam: “Mr. Electron, tell the truth.”

Mr. Electron: “All right, I stole the electronics from Miss Robinson with the help from Mr. Finster.”

Detective Pam: “Good. Now I just need all the proof.”

Mr. Electron: “I left it at home. I’ll drive back myself and get it……”

Detective Pam: “I’ll send the crime lab scientists for it.”

When the proof was gathered and the case was sorted out, the judgment was given.

Three weeks later…..

Detective Bob: “ Wow! That mystery was a fun one. Mr. Electron in jail, Mr. Finster on probation, Miss Robinson safe at home, etc.

Detective Pam: “Wasn’t it great of boss to give a holiday in the Bahamas.”
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

do i get no $$$$ cuz nobody else enterd???
*returns*
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

No, Contest is forwarded to Aug 31st. And err.... Kayla? Could you tell other members about my contest. If no one else joins, you would not get anything.