Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Befuddling Bar Exam

Or, how I managed to become a lawyer in 34 easy steps.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Befuddling Bar Exam

Post by Sherlock »

So, I thought it potentially worthy of mention that the July Minnesota Bar Exam results were posted yesterday and for some very odd and inexplicable reason I passed.

Proof of this anomaly can be located here along with my exam number: 449.

So, without further ado, I am off to launch a volley of frivolous lawsuits or, in the alternative, to find a profitable source of employment. ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Congratulations on passing your exam, Sherlock! \:D/ I'm sure you must be excited. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

CONGRATULATIONS

I really don't have much to say, apart from that. Perhaps I should have located some suitable website with which to link the above.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I thought that I had bribed enough people to stop this tragedy from occurring, but I was obviously mistaken. :(

Way to go, Sherlock! After all your years of hard work, I'm sure it's enjoyable to see it start to pay off!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Oh, oh, Sherlock! My Uncle, Monte, who is a personal injury lawyer, is looking for someone else to help out in the office, in every aspect! Walla Walla WA! Hey, dude, you want to come on out here, I can talk with my Uncle. I'm sure he could consider you!

Or have you not decided what you want to use with that law degree? Cause you could do almost anything... *mumbles to self to talk with Uncle when he gets home from Branson.*
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Thanks, everyone - the congratulations are well appreciated. :)

Danielle: I would say yes as I am still looking but I will be licensed to practice in Minnesota and not Washington and alas, I doubt that would be very much help to your Uncle. ;)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

YAY! Congratulations, Sherlock! That is wonderful! \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Congratulations, Sherlock! This must be both surprising and exciting... how long has it been since you've started your pursuit of being a lawyer? ;)
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Congratulations, Sherlock! \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Mireille Bouquet wrote:Congratulations, Sherlock! This must be both surprising and exciting... how long has it been since you've started your pursuit of being a lawyer? ;)
Seven very long and irritating years.

On a more random note, one of the firms that I am looking at has "Moriarty" in the title, something which I find to be simutanously entertaining and disconcerting. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Congratulations!! :hug: Wow, it's finally happened! \:D/
Sherlock Holmes wrote:On a more random note, one of the firms that I am looking at has "Moriarty" in the title, something which I find to be simutanously entertaining and disconcerting. ;)
:lol:
Catspaw wrote:I thought that I had bribed enough people to stop this tragedy from occurring, but I was obviously mistaken. :(
:-
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Congrats!

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but what area of law would you like to practice?

Everyone should have a happy dance.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Congrats, Sherlock! :)

Best,
Taq
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Congratulations Sherlock!!! Way to go!!! =D> =D>
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Sherlock: you have passed the bar exam and have been turned into a book.
Forsooth. Sonuna bears utmost and sacred witness to this fact.

\:D/
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I am glad to hear you were not 418, 431, 443, 454, or any other of those loser numbers that didn't pass! \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Wow! That's amazing!! \:D/ Congratulations!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

ajamj wrote:Congrats!

Forgive me if this is common knowledge, but what area of law would you like to practice?
I am interested in international business transactions as an ultimate goal but I'll probably be practicing contract litigation or estate planning to start out.

Darcie: I too, am happy for not being one of the less fortunate numbers!

Everyone: Thanks again for the congratulations. They are much appreciated. :)