What is your favorite vacation?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
What is your favorite vacation?

Post by American Eagle »

Tomorrow, my family and I are going on vacation to a beach in Michigan. We will be gone all weekend. We are going with another very close family who we just were married into. I am very excited about this, but that also means I won't be on The ToO and won't be able to debate (Jonathan and Daniele both shrug :D).

In light of this, I had a question: What is your favorite vacation? Do you have any amazing experiences? Memorable trips? I want to know about them. My all-time vacation was about 6-months ago when we went skiing with this same family. What about you? Thanks!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Florida, Florida, Florida... I could keep saying that!

My sister and I were snorkeling (or at least I was.. my sister was attempting a FEW other thigns). My sister had fish food. I was in the water, mozing around, looking at fishy. My mom and dad were trying to help my sister feed the fish. Of course, I'm the youngest of this small family of four, and I'm all by myself! All of a sudden, the bag opens all the way in the water, and it's like mass migration. And guess who's finger is in the middle of the food pile? Sissy's.... she shreakings, and claims that a fish bit her while trying to get food... thinking her finger was food.. I've always found that funny. Florida was the best.. even though I was 6.

Hawaii was actually no fun... Yellowstone wasn't much fun...

Florence, Oregon, with Dari and her family. Now that was fun with Tabby and Sarah, and Monica! Tabby is almost 16 with me! W00t! I'm older than Tabby by slightly 3 hours.. and older than Miley Cyrus by more than a month! Ha! We all Juniors... I'm the lucky one here...

So, yeah, Florence was fun, as was Florida with cousins David and Mindy.. hehe.... David...
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Orlando, Florida. We went there for the second time back in June/July. So much fun! :D I also really enjoyed Washington D.C. when we went there a few years ago.

Have a fun vacation AE! \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Gomer, Ohio! \:D/
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Chicago, IL was one of my favorite along with others.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Lewes (and Rehoboth), DE
~AC~
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Nashville, Tennessee! I went there over the summer and I love it!

<3<3<3
BBB
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

London and Amsterdam were my best vacations this year but I also had a fun weekend trip to Michigan.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Colorado Springs and London, both this year.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

American Eagle wrote:, but that also means I won't be on The ToO and won't be able to debate (Jonathan and Daniele both shrug :D).
*laughs* Are you trying to tell me I have a reputation with you? ;)
In light of this, I had a question: What is your favorite vacation? Do you have any amazing experiences? Memorable trips? I want to know about them. My all-time vacation was about 6-months ago when we went skiing with this same family. What about you? Thanks!
It is utterly impossible for me to pick a favorite, because all of the vacation 'trips' I've taken have been the very definition of fun.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Disneyland, Cedar Point, and Washington D.C. were my favorite vacations. The cruise around Alaska was sorta fun. (When I was six.)
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

China,Disneyworld,Dollywood,and the beach
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

Disney World and Edinburgh, Scotland. Scotland is the most gorgeous place I've ever seen, and I want to go back so badly!
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I like going to my uncle's house/business is Maine. I got to drive the tractor last year. \:D/
He owns a greenhouse business and delivers plants to the local grocery stores (well, not always local. last year we drove a 6 hour round trip delivering to a store in New Hampshire)
He also owns a daylily farm down the road.
And he recently opened a deli store, which got him interviewed on the radio. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

Tomorrow, my family and I are going on vacation to a beach in Michigan
That sounds wonderful! I used to live in Michigan. I'm curious about why you are going this time of year though instead of when it is a little more on the warmer side.

I'm torn between two very similar vacations. My first favorite was when my Dad took my family on a tour of England, France and Italy. We flew from Detroit to London, then from London we went to Nice, France. While we were in Nice we crossed the border over to Italy (about an hour northwest of Pisa). Finally we took a train from Nice to Paris and finally flew home from Paris to Detroit. I was studying French at the time and it was a lot of fun.

The other fun vacation was when I went on my "hyper-secret" mission to Paris this past November. My Dad works for Northwest airlines and they were conducting a test in Paris and asked my Dad if he wouldn't mind helping with this test. My Dad asked if I could accompany him and they said yes as long as I would serve as a volunteer. I got to skip an entire week of school so I could see Paris in November! It was wonderful because they were putting up Christmas lights on the Champs Elysees. It was rather dreary but I loved it! I also got to fly on an A330 (which is the newest trans-atlantic aircraft from Northwest). I LOVED IT!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

TC wrote:Gomer, Ohio! \:D/
:hilarious:

Going to the Gymanfa Ganu? :-
...I hate marquees.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Well, I'm back. The first day was traveling for half the day, then some swimming and games. The next day was great also, but it was one to remember! It was freezing the whole day, and had high winds, poring rains that nearly broke all records, and a wind chill that is dangerous. Did that stop us? Not a chance! It was freezing. I mean it, my mom even wanted me to wear a coat in the water. :noway: :D

We only went in it a little, though. But we had a even better time indoors playing games and staying up until morning telling jokes and stories with the others in our room. Today, it was beautiful, sunny and warm. We had so much fun kayaking and riding the waves, running in the sand, walking along thee beach, looking out into the lake and seeing for miles, until you can see no more.

This is a bit summed up, I cannot begin to explain the joy and memories made on this trip. Some of you may already understand, it's just too hard to tell all about my experience. I shall not ever forget some things about it. I hope you understand this, it was amazing and God worked it out very well.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lizzy
Not Implemented

Post by Lizzy »

One of my favorite vacations ever hasn't actually happened yet! I'm planning to go to Mexico this winter with one of my favorite people on the planet to visit some really special people! I'm very excited! My favorite vacation to this point would have to be the trip my family made to Niagra Falls... at least parts of the trip were good... i slept most of the way there and back. Niagra on the Lake is one of the most beautiful towns I've ever seen in my life!
It's good to visit again... it's been a while!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

This year was Hawaii. Yay for surfing, at least attempting to...
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Jugglah wrote:Disney World and Edinburgh, Scotland. Scotland is the most gorgeous place I've ever seen, and I want to go back so badly!
My trip to Edinburgh didn't do to the city justice, unfortunately. We were only there one full day, and our group of 25 stayed in a hostel with people smoking marijuana in the stairwell.