What is your favorite Adventures in Odyssey character of all

Vote in the poll!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

What is your favorite Adventures in Odyssey character of all time?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:34 pm

John Avery Whittaker
17%
Connie Kendall/Mitch
6%
Eugene Meltsner/Katrina Shanks
11%
Tom/Agnes Riley
No votes
Wooton Bassett
44%
Bernard Walton/Maude
No votes
Jason Whittaker/Tasha
6%
The Blackgaards
No votes
The Barclay family
11%
The Washington family
6%
The Mulligan family
No votes
The Allens
No votes
Chris
No votes

Total votes: 18

American Eagle
Chief of Police
What is your favorite Adventures in Odyssey character of all

Post by American Eagle »

My family and I have always been HUGE Adventures in Odyssey fans, listening to episode after episode all day long. We would memorize shows and still use hundreds of quotes from them in our day to day lives. We also all had my favorite characters, we all loved Rodney, thought Regis Blackgaard was the perfect villian, and had personal opinions about characters.

But I want to know what everybody else's favorite character(s) are, I'm adding the most common and beloved characters and hope your favorite one's in there. I grouped some together to fit them all. Thanks!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Perron
Tallying up

Post by Perron »

From the listening that I've done, I'd have to say that Mr. Whittaker gets my vote. I really like him, and I especially like the way he deals with other people. I admire him for it. ^_^
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Haha, newbies are always posting this topic.

I love all the classic characters from the past. Old Whit, Connie, Eugene, Lucy, Jack, Barclays, Robyn, Blackgaards and a million others. Almost everyone from the past is my favriote, espically Hal Smith's Whit.

Actually, I ONLY listen to the classic episodes now. I just can't handle the newer ones. They don't have the heart and soul of the older days. Back than, it felt like a window to a innocent humble town that I first fell in love with. Now it seems cheesey and scripted and breaks my heart to remember what it used to be like. I'm not saying that all the newer episodes and characters are all bad, but it's just too depressing to listen to.
Last edited by Over the Rainbow on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

you do know that you don't have the best character ever AKA Jared DeWhite.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

OverTheRainbow wrote:Haha, newbies are always posting this topic.
Ahh, I should've known. That makes much sense, it being common. I'm such a newbie :baby: but I'll learn. :cool:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

The first Odyssey episode I ever heard was "Cousin Albert" From Album 9: "Amazing Antics, Dynamic Discoveries" I got it when I was about six from a yard sale. (Though now my mother claims that I was listening to it when I was even younger, But I do not recall doing so)
I've been hooked ever since, and so has my family. I've been listening to the enw episodes, I enjoy some (Such as the ones with Wooton being wooton/ Eugene and Father thing/ Jason. But some of the episodes with newer characters I can't really get in to (Hence Grady/Kelly ect. My apologis to fans of them)

Whoops, that was pretty off topic. My Apologies.

Anyway, back ON topic, my favorite Charcter would have to be Richard MAxwell. He's just so secretive, cool. And evern though he was bad at the begining, he really is a good guy.
Next would have to be Eugene, Wooton, Cryan Bryan Dern, Lawrence Hodges, Jared and Trent Dewite, Glossman, Arthur Dent, ect. (THere's more, but I do not wish to bore you)

EDIT: Yeah, I'm a newbie to. :)
Last edited by Ben Linus on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

American Eagle wrote:
Ahh, I should've known. That makes much sense, it being common. I'm such a newbie :baby: but I'll learn. :cool:
don't worry I remember the first time I made one of these.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

American Eagle wrote:
It's okay. I did it too. I think we all have posted this subject at one point or another.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

OverTheRainbow wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
It's okay. I did it too. I think we all have posted this subject at one point or another.
It is a good way to get to know people.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

My favorites would be Bernard,Wooton,Eugene,and the Washingtons.
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

I"m going to reveal something very secret.....I've only heard very few old odyssey episodes. I only started to listen about Vol. 29/ Vol. 30. And that was on cassette. So I've never heard episodes with some of these characters in them. Anyway, my favorite character is Wooton.
Last edited by greencardigan on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

greencardigan wrote:I"m going to reveal something very secret.....I've only heard very few old odyssey episodes. I only started to listen about Vol. 29/ Vol. 30. And that was on cassette. So I've never heard episodes with some of these characters in them. Anyway, my favorite character is Wooten.
Wow, are you serious?
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

greencardigan wrote:I"m going to reveal something very secret.....I've only heard very few old odyssey episodes. I only started to listen about Vol. 29/ Vol. 30. And that was on cassette. So I've never heard episodes with some of these characters in them. Anyway, my favorite character is Wooten.
:eek!:

+ word
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

JD wrote:

+ word
I know, how dare he misspell Wooton!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
JD wrote:

+ word
:hilarious: very funny KBT.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
JD wrote:

+ word
Man, you guys crack me... almost as much as my BF did last night... bugs burning... oh yeah!

Yeah, same expression from me... :eek!:
greencardigan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by greencardigan »

'Tiss true. I have Vol. 2, but the next lowest is Vol. 25.
Who do I belong To? Not Earth, Not world, Not Evil, Not mortals, Not wretches, Not horrors

Who do I belong to? Unchanging. Unbreaking. Unfailing. Creator. Immortal. Eternal

Surrender to the sound.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I edited the poll to read Bernard/Maude instead of Bernard/Mod, since I assumed that was the intent - let me know if I was incorrect in that assumption, American Eagle! :)

I can never pick a favourite character, because there are too many great characters! Wooton is probably my favourite of the newer characters - if you leave Whit, Connie, Eugene and Bernard out, Wooton might be my favourite. I really just love them all! :D
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

If the Randoms had a patron saint, his name would be Wooton. \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Fav character will be, with this short but precise answer:

TAKE A GOOD LONG HARD LOOK AT MY NAME. THEN THE SAYING UNDER IT!

That's my fav character, won't ever deny it, and wil forever destroy him piece by piece.. until I've killed him every way possible (I haven't gotten so far as to have the state kill him yet. I've gotten to murder though by Stanton Gerrard! That's a plus!)

Plus, I like Lucy... and Wooton and Bernard will always be a favorite... :)

:P