Another reason to wear a seatbelt

this video is crazy

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Another reason to wear a seatbelt

Post by Shad Lexer »

Look at this carcrash, it just goes to show anything can happen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkmj5aiL ... re=related
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I've already seen that before. I showed my dad one time and lets just say it scared him into where his seatbelt~ :-#
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I think I am going to cry... :mecry: That scared me!!!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Though I can probably all ready guess what is on the video, there is always a good reason to wear a seatbelt. I have a story... and it happened to my own flesh and blood. My dad.

3 Years ago some person thought my dad was turning left (when, of course, you couldn't even TURN LEFT! (Or you'd go into a marshy swamp!)). My dad was going 55 mph by what witnesses were saying, and this guy in a truck (my dad in his purple Saturn, man, now I love that car!) turned into my dad's lane. One thing to point out is, by what witnesses said, my dad did NOT have his turn signals on, he was staying in his own lane, and there was no way the guy could have thought my dad was even turning left or right, or anything of probable cause.

What resulted from the guy turning into my dad's lane. A Head on Collision.

Since my dad's car was much smaller than the truck, the Purple Saturn was totalled. It rolled... 3 times before stopping. All my dad can even remember is a bright light, and then waking up, hearing someone yell for someone else to call 911, and that a light from the TRUNK was sitting next to him. And he does remember buying that from ACE Hardware a little while before.

Guess what saved my father's life? A seatbelt, the body of a Saturn car, and a God who HAS to be out there. My dad couldn't get out of the car by himself, so of course, the Jaw of Life (sometimes I wonder why they call it that...) had to be used. Then my dad was lifefllighted to OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University). But he left the scence with only a slightly screewed up wrist (thank goodness I have a personal injury lawyer in my family!) a burn NO ONE could figure out where it came from (it was PERFECTLY square. No one could figure it out...), and a few bruises, scratches, and a nose that hurt, but because of the airbag.

My parents kept asking me what the car looked like, what I saw. But I really hadn't seen much because it was like, 8 or so at night, it was dark, being December and all, and there were many people around. Looking, of course. I was thankful for my neighbors, my friends, the Parishes. They were worried. And because we go to church, the prayer chain caught wind only so many hours later, and by the time my dad was in the hospital, phone calls were coming in.

The next day, my parents went to see the car (my dad only stayed the night in the hospital. Other than that, he was fine).My dad had brought grocies that night of the accident, and a few other things. When they saw the car, it was a complete mess. I mean, a COMPLETE mess. I wish I had the pictures, but my parents do, and I'm nowhere near them to get the pictures. But, the weird thing was, the milk that my dad had bought was still good. A little bent out of shape, but still drinkable. And cold, because it dropped below freezing that night of the accident. Then there were other things.

It is quite amazing what can happen. And I'm thanking a seatbelt, a really REALLY REALLY GOOD car, and our Father in Heaven for this.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Touching story DAM, but that was not the kind of video 'twas...
Scorpion
OK

Post by Scorpion »

I am never gonna fall for that again!!!

:mecry: that was a sad story, Daniel
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

I remember back whem Gimp posted this video for the first time here, it was amazing. You guys should go and find that thread, it's hilarious.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Oh. It's that. LOL.
...I hate marquees.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Oh, our television over here CONSTANTLY has 'wear your seat belt' commercials. Some dude will be driving along in his car, then all of the sudden a truck comes right at him and a head-on collision occurs. The guy goes flying around in the car and gets REALLY banged up.. then the camera cuts out. Yes, it is real footage. I'm pretty sure he died :-k.

And I've seen that youtube video before. It's hilarious.
boneablaze
Tallying up

Post by boneablaze »

I found the thread Gimp started and bumped it. It was too good NOT to bump.

Speaking of Gimp, I noticed she use to post a LOT here, but then slowed way down and after that just abruptly stopped. Anyone know what happened to her or how to contact her?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

:lol: I remember this video. Good times.

Boneablaze, you're right that Gimp used to be around regularly, but unfortunately, she is no longer able to be on the ToO. :( Life moves on for all of us, sadly!