what do you think of aliens?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

what do you think of aliens?

Post by Guess Who! »

I already have one thread in the debate forum, so NO DEBATING HERE! Just canvassing for opinions. What do YOU think? Are there other inhabited worlds? Could there be? Is there anything to "UFO" sightings? Would other planet's inhabitants have souls? That type of thing.
violet flower
Peace and love to youse all!

Post by violet flower »

I say No there is no evidence that there are Aliens on other worlds and if there was there is a big problem. You know that in the bible it says that when Jesus died he died for everyones sins, if there were other people in the world then Jesus would of half to die for then once which is not possible. And then who made the Aliens on the other planets?? God clearly made the earth the only place that can support life even the 90 degree tilt of the earth makes it livable. If the earth was a little bit tilted to the left or the right it would be to hot in the summer and to cold in the winter. And we are at the perfect distance from the sun, to protect up for over heating and razz from the sun. To me that is all the prof I need to see that there is no possible way for other planet to support life.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

violet flower wrote:I say No there is no evidence that there are Aliens on other worlds and if there was there is a big problem. You know that in the bible it says that when Jesus died he died for everyones sins, if there were other people in the world then Jesus would of half to die for then once which is not possible. And then who made the Aliens on the other planets?? God clearly made the earth the only place that can support life even the 90 degree tilt of the earth makes it livable. If the earth was a little bit tilted to the left or the right it would be to hot in the summer and to cold in the winter. And we are at the perfect distance from the sun, to protect up for over heating and razz from the sun. To me that is all the prof I need to see that there is no possible way for other planet to support life.
Who said aliens have souls and who says there are not other suns in different solar systems?

Personally, I have no clue about this theory of intelligent life. I tend to think it's just a fantasy created by a group of computer nerds with nothing better to do... but meh, each to their own.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

If so I doubt we'll ever have any idea, so meh. ;)
violet flower

Post by violet flower »

Birdie wrote:
violet flower wrote:I say No there is no evidence that there are Aliens on other worlds and if there was there is a big problem. You know that in the bible it says that when Jesus died he died for everyones sins, if there were other people in the world then Jesus would of half to die for then once which is not possible. And then who made the Aliens on the other planets?? God clearly made the earth the only place that can support life even the 90 degree tilt of the earth makes it livable. If the earth was a little bit tilted to the left or the right it would be to hot in the summer and to cold in the winter. And we are at the perfect distance from the sun, to protect up for over heating and razz from the sun. To me that is all the prof I need to see that there is no possible way for other planet to support life.
Who said aliens have souls and who says there are not other suns in different solar systems?

Personally, I have no clue about this theory of intelligent life. I tend to think it's just a fantasy created by a group of computer nerds with nothing better to do... but meh, each to their own.
Well (no debating) I heard all this from Jonathan Park (the CD's series) I don't remember exactly how they put it and all, but they made great points. But of course you have your opinions and I have mine.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

violet flower wrote:
Birdie wrote:

Well (no debating) I heard all this from Jonathan Park (the CD's series) I don't remember exactly how they put it and all, but they made great points. But of course you have your opinions and I have mine.
I'll try to refrain from a debate, and I don't think it will turn to one, but has it occured to you that other life may not need the same amount of oxygen, water, light, etc. to live?

Therefore they would not need the same degrees or tilt the same way, or what so ever.
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

I was actually talking about planets around other stars, we're pretty sure none of the ones in our immediate neighborhood have life, but there are billions of stars. Not debating, here, but just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't just talking about THIS solar system. That's for your opinions though!

Edit: sorry, I think you did address most of what I was confused about. I didn't read it closely enough. Oops.
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I think that there's beings on other planets that God created. I won't debate here, but I can infer that from the Bible.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

SivartM wrote:I think that there's beings on other planets that God created. I won't debate here, but I can infer that from the Bible.
Where in the Bible?
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I see no reason why there can't be other life somewhere else in another universe. Nothing indicates to me that that is impossible. That being said, we will probably never know. \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Tindomiel wrote:I see no reason why there can't be other life somewhere else in another universe. Nothing indicates to me that that is impossible. That being said, we will probably never know.
I agree with Tin. I think that there may be ET. Who knows? Wouldn't that be interesting.... :-k
I do what I do.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I can't see a reason why aliens couldn't exist out there. Infact, if there are aliens out there, they may be debating the same thing. ;)

If there are aliens out there somewhere on one of the trillions of planets out there, I'm sure that God would have fullfilled their need for salvation, and who knows, mabye they have a Bible too! :)

And in this way, we get to have Star Trek. \:D/
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

They're real. Well, probably.

Yay Coast to Coast AM is awesome if you want to hear theories about aliens and stuff. \:D/
...I hate marquees.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Like others have said, I don't see any good reason why they can't exist. Anything is possible..
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I think that life on other planets is possible, but it would probably only be animals and plantlife, maybe even just bacteria. I don't think that there is any humanoid alien dudes flying around in space abducting people's brains. Unless I'm in some sort of alternate imaginary universe where all things go against fact...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Zombies are way more probable than Aliens. :noway:
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

ok, not turning this into a debate or anything, but if there are no aliens, then how did my dad see a ufo? I honestly don't know what to think.
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Most 'UFOs' are often weather balloons and aircraft. Only a small percentage of them are actually unidentifiable.
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

If they are real, they are so far away that we will never hear from them.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Elise wrote:ok, not turning this into a debate or anything, but if there are no aliens, then how did my dad see a ufo? I honestly don't know what to think.
Weed. \:D/