Random AIO apperances?

Have you ever heard one?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Random AIO apperances?

Post by Epic »

A couple of weeks ago I heard a commercial and the person talking was
J Karen Thomas (the voice for Elaine Washington)

Then another time I was listening to the radio again and hear another commerical. It was a McDonald commercial and they were talking about Alaska and I reconized whoes voice? Jess Harnell Of course! (the voice for Wooton Basset and Bennett Charles)

Have you ever heard another Odyssey actors voice?
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

This has happened to me twice. First, I heard Mark Christopher Lawerence (Ed Washington) in a Keebler commercial. Also, I was watching I love Lucy once and noticed in the credits that Parley Baer was in it. Of corse it was filmed in the fifties so he was much younger.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

King Butter Turtle wrote:This has happened to me twice. First, I heard Mark Christopher Lawerence (Ed Washington) in a Keebler commercial. Also, I was watching I love Lucy once and noticed in the credits that Parley Baer was in it. Of corse it was filmed in the fifties so he was much younger.
Who did this actor play?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jess Harnell was a voice in the new Horton Hears a Who movie. I did not recognize him in the movie, but saw his name in the credits. I don't know if that counts or not but that's the only one I know of.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

epic123 wrote:King Butter Turtle wrote:
This has happened to me twice. First, I heard Mark Christopher Lawerence (Ed Washington) in a Keebler commercial. Also, I was watching I love Lucy once and noticed in the credits that Parley Baer was in it. Of corse it was filmed in the fifties so he was much younger.

Who did this actor play?
He played several roles, most notably Joe Finneman. He played the mayor on the Andy Griffith Show and was good friends with Hal Smith (who played Otis the Drunk). Unfortunatly, he passed away in 2002. Here's a list of his characters from www.aiosoda.com;

Angus McKinney
Balthazar
Burglemeister, Mr.
Elijah
Hezekiah
Jeduthun
Joe Finneman
Reginald Duffield
Thomas Grayson
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

The Odyssey cast are a very talented bunch and can be heard in MANY other sources. Since they're mostly specifically voice actors, a lot of them play extra voices for characters that go unnamed. Corey Burton, Jess Harnell, Will Ryan and Earl Boen can be heard in an astonishing number of roles. Some that I've noticed that might not be widely known:

Audrey Wasilewski (voice of Katrina Meltsner) provided the voice of Terk in Kingdom Hearts (and other characters in Kingdom Hearts II), originally voiced in the movie by Rosie O'Donnell. Turns out she's also played Rosie O'Donnell herself! (Kingdom Hearts is also graced by Jess Harnell and Corey Burton, but that's no surprise, because they seem to pop up almost anywhere, including my little sister's science class video!)

Dave Madden (Bernard Walton) played the Ram in the old Charlotte's Web animated movie, and I almost fell off my chair when I saw him live and in person as a restaurant manager in a repeat of Boy Meets World!

Earl Boen can sound remarkably like James Garner, and can be heard playing Garner's roles in many franchise spin-offs, like Atlantis.

In an old Dr. Seuss video we have, "Pontoffel Pock, Where Are You?" I noticed Hal Smith as a band member, and he also played (get this) Philippe, Belle's horse in Beauty and the Beast!

I recognized the distinct raspiness of Lucille Bliss's voice (Martha from An Adventure in Bethany) as Ms. Bitters in the constantly disturbing Invader Zim.

Mark Christopher Lawrence has been spotted as a construction worker on Malcolm in the Middle while flipping through the channels.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Mark Christopher Lawerence also had a part in The Pursuit of Happyness - Yay!

A couple years ago, Dave Madden did voiceover for Burger King Commercials.

This guys can be found all over the place, it's pretty awesome! :D
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Jess Harnell is the most amazing. His interview on the official podcast is awesome. Sometimes I watch America's Funniest Home Videos just to hear Wooton's voice. This is what he's done. (not counting his countless commercials, movie promos, and other miscelanious jobs)
DaveyHolcomb
I'm fifteen, mom!

Post by DaveyHolcomb »

My little sister had Totally Spies on once and I thought she was watching some sort of Odyssey program because Connie's voice was in it so much. I wasted half an hour of my life watching that show, and it is a Connie's fault ! ;)

I'm also pretty sure Earl Boen did a voice over in the Truman Show, though he isn't credited with it on IMDB.

Also, the old voice of Katrina on the Simpsons. That was a little disappointing, as I recall she was some sort of Jehovah's Witness, and then decided not to share her faith because "it was too annoying".
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Jess Harnell, Earl Boen, Cory Burton, and even Pamela Hayden(only one episode) are all in the animated series "Bonkers."
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Earl Boen can be heard on the train at Disneyland as the conductor, and Corey Burton has been a number of voices for DL, WDL, and the Walt Disney Company.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

epic123 wrote: Have you ever heard another Odyssey actors voice?
Many times, but I haven't compiled a list.
Reading this thread reminds me of some.

Dave Madden in a McDonalds commercial.
Corey Burton on the Disneyland Tram and other places. Steve Burns on "California Screamin."
Parley Baer in numerous OTR shows, most notably Gunsmoke.
The Alan Young Show on OTR.
Jerry Houser in a Barbecues Galore commercial.
Dick Beals in various OTR shows.

And so on...
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Jess Harnell and Katie Leigh have both been on the show Totally Spies. :flower: :chick: :fro:
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:Jess Harnell and Katie Leigh have both been on the show Totally Spies. :flower: :chick: :fro:
Whats Totally Spies. :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Totally spies is a cartoon show about three highschool girls in Beverly Hills who double as super spies. Look it up on Wikipedia.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:Totally spies is a cartoon show about three highschool girls in Beverly Hills who double as super spies. Look it up on Wikipedia.
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
Save Eugene in the character competition!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Acually, that's how Jess Harnell got started at AIO. Katie Leigh worked with him on Totally Spies and suggested him to the AIO staff.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

The first three seasons of totally spies aren't so bad, its just seasons four and five that stink.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Wow, that was weird. I've never posted that close to some one else. I didn't go back to Whit's End untill after OdysseyCouples95 posted and I was like "didn't I post in that thread two seconds ago?." Well, I'm glad I haven't lost my mind.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

OdysseyCouples95 wrote:The first three seasons of totally spies aren't so bad, its just seasons four and five that stink.
Yep.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln