Is wooton mature?

post your opinion

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Is wooton mature?

Post by King Butter Turtle »

My brother and I had a discussion yesterday on weather or not Wooton was a mature. Just wanted to see some more opinions on the issue.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Yes, I think Wooten is mature. He has a wonderful childlike nature, that we all love about him. His off-the-wall personality makes him fun for kids to hang out with and gives a break to adults with him. But there is more to Wooten than what first meets the ear.

First, he is intelligent. He writes the Power Boy comics, which must be good because they are popular. Plus, he has to have knowledge of business management in order to write, produce, and sell his comic books.

Second, he is spiritually mature. When interacting with Grady, he used a form of relational evangelism. He never pressured Grady into going to church, but continued to be a friend and mentor, waiting patiently until the day he accepted Christ. Also remember the episode "Wooing Wooten"? He turned down a relationship that seemed perfect for him because he knew she was not a Christian. That was a matter of making a mature decision based on his relationship with God rather than his feelings.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I may post more later, or in response to others' posts.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I'm not going to quote it, but Florence, that was well said.

I agree with you 100%. I admit though, I didn't look too much at all of the episodes he was in, and I was prepared to say "no", but after reading your post I understand where you are coming from, and I agree with you.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Florenceann wrote:Yes, I think Wooten is mature. He has a wonderful childlike nature, that we all love about him. His off-the-wall personality makes him fun for kids to hang out with and gives a break to adults with him. But there is more to Wooten than what first meets the ear.

First, he is intelligent. He writes the Power Boy comics, which must be good because they are popular. Plus, he has to have knowledge of business management in order to write, produce, and sell his comic books.

Second, he is spiritually mature. When interacting with Grady, he used a form of relational evangelism. He never pressured Grady into going to church, but continued to be a friend and mentor, waiting patiently until the day he accepted Christ. Also remember the episode "Wooing Wooten"? He turned down a relationship that seemed perfect for him because he knew she was not a Christian. That was a matter of making a mature decision based on his relationship with God rather than his feelings.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I may post more later, or in response to others' posts.
I agree 100%
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I wouldn't let my kids hang out with him. :noway:

Obviously, its a kids' show, so its fine, but if some guy had a house like Wooten's and acted like him in real life I'd totally think he was a psycho. :noway:
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

The Top Crusader wrote:I wouldn't let my kids hang out with him. :noway:

Obviously, its a kids' show, so its fine, but if some guy had a house like Wooten's and acted like him in real life I'd totally think he was a psycho. :noway:
:thud: NO WAY. I would he would be fun :yey: and a great Christan infulance :angelfly: 4 my kids if i had any
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Florenceann wrote:Plus, he has to have knowledge of business management in order to write, produce, and sell his comic books.

Second, he is spiritually mature.
There's no question that he is very mature in his faith, but I don't think there's any evidence of your statement regarding his business sense. He writes and illustrates the comics, yes, but it is doubtful he has anything to do with the production, marketing or sales of the books themselves.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

Boswell wrote:
Florenceann wrote:Plus, he has to have knowledge of business management in order to write, produce, and sell his comic books.

Second, he is spiritually mature.
There's no question that he is very mature in his faith, but I don't think there's any evidence of your statement regarding his business sense. He writes and illustrates the comics, yes, but it is doubtful he has anything to do with the production, marketing or sales of the books themselves.
i agree with out a doubt he is very mature.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I think he is mature. Yeah, he's funny and plays around, but he has such a sense for God, he's just so connected and knows what is right, sticks with his own pacts (promises to self), and he just is so...nice! He's mature...um...well...MORE MATURE THAN I AM!

He can have fun, but be serious at the same time, and he has forgiveness and love in his heart. If I knew someone like him, it could be infectious!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

*sighs* Once again, Top is correct... but we'll try to ignore him anyway. :p

As far as the general way he acts, no, Wooton is not mature. He's a big kid and there's no denying it. When you get past the silliness, though, you find he is a lot deeper than you originally thought. He's worked out a lot of things in his Christian life and it shows in the way he deals with people. Spiritually he displays more maturity than most of the other characters.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules

Post by JD »

yes he is a big kid at heart but he is very mature i would love to be like him once i am older just not quite as silly. \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Chandler wrote:

*sighs* Once again, Top is correct... but we'll try to ignore him anyway. :p

As far as the general way he acts, no, Wooton is not mature. He's a big kid and there's no denying it. When you get past the silliness, though, you find he is a lot deeper than you originally thought. He's worked out a lot of things in his Christian life and it shows in the way he deals with people. Spiritually he displays more maturity than most of the other characters.
^Good pair of posts

To sum up:
Wooton is spiritually mature: He mentors Grady. He's humble, not bragging about his assets or talents. He won't date a nonbeliever.
Wooton is socially immature: He once told a story about Little Wooton that wasn't true. He made a comment about expensive hotel with video games when Joseph Carelli just learned of his future in foster care.