Old and New Odyssey

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Old and New Odyssey

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Odyssey seems to be devided into two sections: "The Golden Age" (1987 - 1995) which had the orginal voice of Whit (Hal Smith) and memorable characters such as Lucy, the Barclay's, the Jacob's, etc.

Than there is the "Modren Age" of Odyssey (1996 - present). The "new" Odyssey has characters such as Liz, Aubrey, the Washington's and Wooton. We got a new voice of Whit, Paul Herlinger.

Some of my friends prefer the "old" Odyssey and others prefered the "new" Odyssey. Personally, I like the "old" Odyssey MUCH more. It feels much warmer and much more timely.

So, what do you think?
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

I think you posted two topics that say the exact same thing. :anxious:
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

xoxPinkRainxox13 wrote:Odyssey seems to be devided into two sections: "The Golden Age" (1987 - 1995) which had the orginal voice of Whit (Hal Smith) and memorable characters such as Lucy, the Barclay's, the Jacob's, etc.

Than there is the "Modren Age" of Odyssey (1996 - present). The "new" Odyssey has characters such as Liz, Aubrey, the Washington's and Wooton. We got a new voice of Whit, Paul Herlinger.

Some of my friends prefer the "old" Odyssey and others prefered the "new" Odyssey. Personally, I like the "old" Odyssey MUCH more. It feels much warmer and much more timely.

So, what do you think?
I'd divide it into three categories, personally. Well, actually I seem to recall going into more in-depth categories but I'm too lazy to find that post.

First 1987-1999
I am currently listening to the whole series from beginning to end, and I thoroughly enjoyed everything up through spring 1999. I really don't think that AIO lost it's niche up to that point.

Second 1999-2000
Ouch. 'Nough said.

Third 2000-present
This third period has been pretty good, though also a bit of a mixed bag. Overall though it's still enjoyable.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Since this thread was (probably accidentally) started twice, please continue your discussion in the other thread of the exact same name, which can be found by clicking here. Thank you!