Which one?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Who would you vote for?

Mitt Romny
No votes
Mike Huckabee
62%
Barack Obama
15%
Hillary Clinton
No votes
Fred Thompsan
23%
Ruddy Jewliany
No votes
Alan keys
No votes
John McCan
No votes
Jon Edwords
No votes

Total votes: 13

Prince Caspian
ÇİΛ
ÇİΛ

Which one?

Post by Prince Caspian »

If you could, which would you vote for.
In the darkness, Ryan and Angel brighten up the ToO with Duck Juice flavored Linux as the mandatory os.
Vote for Ryan and Angel '08!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Way to leave out one of the Republican's top contenders... :anxious:
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

John McCain? :anxious: ;-)

Jeremy
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Yep... And Thompson is spelled with an o. :D

;)
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Fred Thompson... \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

You also left out Giuliani and Ron Paul.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Prince Caspian wrote:If you could, which would you vote for.
Caspian, this isn't Finneman's ;)

Could you edit your poll to include all candidates as well as a decent purpose for the thread? Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to lock this...
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

We're not saying you have to include like Tancredo or Kucinich but Giulliani? He's a major candidate and Mcain, Ron Paul and Edwards need to be on there too.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Ayn Rand wrote:We're not saying you have to include like Tancredo or Kucinich but Giulliani? He's a major candidate and Mcain, Ron Paul and Edwards need to be on there too.
Yeah definitely Giuliani, and those others are up there enough to be on there...

And... ALAN KEYES!!! \:D/

Or not. :anxious:

I didn't even know he was running again, as he hasn't been at any debates... but I saw him in a list of candidates the other day. :-s That man just won't give up! :shock:
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I'd vote for Allen Keyes!!! \:D/
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

I don't know, his daughter being a homosexual is rather disconcerting. If he can't lead his daughter, how can he lead a country? :-s
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, because parents are 100% responsible for the lifestyle that their children lead... because obviously they can just force them to live the way that they want them to, and no one in history has ever rebelled against a Christian upbringing. :anxious:

On an aside, I wasn't even aware of that... maybe she will date Dick Cheney's daughter! \:D/

And anyway, as I think I said before I think I am probably going to support Giuliani, as of now... there really isn't one candidate that I really, really like... just sort of bits and pieces of numerous ones... and it basically comes down to who has the best chance of winning in the end. Though I sort of bounce between him and Romney and even a touch of Thompson. Though I really don't think Thompson is electable.

I like Huckabee but his "YAY lets give tax payer money to illegal immigrants' children!!" really ticks me off, plus he's known to not be so much against raising taxes. Though rumors still persist that Giuliani and Huckabee might team up (they defended each other in the last debate to a degree), and I could see that winning out. Conservatives would feel better about electing Giuliani if he was running with a moral conservative (even though Giuliani's actual policies are far more conservative than Huckabee's).
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, because parents are 100% responsible for the lifestyle that their children lead... because obviously they can just force them to live the way that they want them to, and no one in history has ever rebelled against a Christian upbringing. :anxious:
Haha, exactly. I heard the same arguments some time ago being rather ignorantly made in regard to Cheney's daughter. Oh well.

As for candidates, I'm not particularly excited about any of them. If forced (i.e. unless something better comes along), I'll probably have to settle for McCain. A bit regrettable, I suppose.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I have respect for him but I don't think McCain is very electable... maybe he was in 2000, but he really has aged a lot since then. Not to Thompson levels perhaps, but still. ;)

Plus his illegal immigration views are poopy. :noway:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:On an aside, I wasn't even aware of that... maybe she will date Dick Cheney's daughter! \:D/
ROTFLOL! :rofl:
Nasri
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Nasri »

Barack Obama all the way if could vote \:D/

Check out my newspaper To0 Star
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

STRYPER wrote:
Prince Caspian wrote:If you could, which would you vote for.
Caspian, this isn't Finneman's ;)

Could you edit your poll to include all candidates as well as a decent purpose for the thread? Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to lock this...
Or just move it to FM.
The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, because parents are 100% responsible for the lifestyle that their children lead... because obviously they can just force them to live the way that they want them to, and no one in history has ever rebelled against a Christian upbringing. :anxious:
Take note dana, beneath that sarcasm is reality.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Rodenyrathbone wrote:Barack Obama all the way if could vote \:D/
*Bans Rodenyrathbone for having a view he doesn't like* \:D/
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Danadelfos wrote:I don't know, his daughter being a homosexual is rather disconcerting. If he can't lead his daughter, how can he lead a country? :-s
Whilst I was at work tonight and bored out of my skull (it was painfully slow) I was thinking about this, and realized that my earlier comment, while still true, did not suffice to express my thoughts on this and some clarification on my part was necessary. Said clarification follows.

I want to start by informing you of what homosexuality is: it's a sin. Spiritually speaking, it is a sin just like any other sin, with the same damning and damaging power of any other sin.

With that in mind, when you say that Keyes is a bad father because of that one fact and that that reflects on his leadership abilities, you are saying that he's a bad man because his child, who is now an adult, is a sinner.

So it only naturally follows that, were we to subscribe to your flawed line of logic, the way we should measure whether someone is a good parent/leader, is if their children sin.

Rather bad news for your parents, huh?

What this means then is that when you say you can't vote for Keyes merely because his grown daughter is sinning, you are saying that because she sins Keyes is a bad father, which means he's a bad leader in every way possible, which means you can't vote for him because his grown daughter--a fallible human being!--sins.

That's foolishness.

Goodness gracious, judge the man on his own merits and beliefs and public service record, not whether he has sinful kids. Otherwise the pool of acceptable candidates dries up real fast.

So I apologize for my earlier comment--it was true then and still is, but failed to show the absurdity of your thinking. Hopefully what I just wrote is adequate in achieving that goal.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Do I have to turn this thread around and drive it right back to CCDS? :noway: