The Last Sin-Eater

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

The Last Sin-Eater

Post by Kairi »

I just saw it. It was a very good movie. Go see it! You can find a review of it at Plugged In.com.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

It looks like a really good movie. I haven't had a chance to see it yet but based on Plugged In's review i will like it when i do :)
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

What's it about? And could we have a link to watch a preview?

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

Here's a summary:
Plugged In wrote:Halfway through the 19th century, Cadi Forbes and her family live in a small Appalachian community of Welsh immigrants. The 10-year-old girl's beloved grandmother passes away and, as is their custom, the whole village gathers at the graveyard and waits, with backs turned, for the Sin Eater to arrive. The shrouded figure drifts in, eats bread and wine that has been set on the body and speaks of taking the woman's sins upon himself so that she may rest in peace.

The funeral has a stirring effect on Cadi and she becomes obsessed with seeking out this mysterious man in hopes that the guilt she feels over the death of her younger sister (Elen) can be taken away. Meanwhile, a stranger camping outside the community says he can help Cadi find God's truthful answer to the burden she is bearing. Truth, however, is one thing that some people in this cove would kill to keep hidden.
I don't have a link to the trailer. If anyone has it, feel free to post it!
Last edited by Kairi on Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
actinglove299
Sing in the sunshine

Post by actinglove299 »

xiao

Post by xiao »

looks passable
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I read the book so I'd like to see it.

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

It was directed my Michael Landon, Jr., the same guy who did the Love Comes Softly movies. :-k

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

A friend of mine recommended the book to me a year or two ago, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet...

I'm a sometimes-fan of Francine Rivers, though, and the movie looks pretty good, so I'll probably see it.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It actually looks rather good. Of course I would want to read the book first.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

I just reserved the book online at the library. I've been looking for good books to read lately.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've read the book and would love to see the movie, but the closest theater is almost 2 hours away. :(

Did anyone notice that the main bad guy is played by the same actor as Dr. McNeil in the Christy TV show? \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Really? Cool! If I'm thinking of the right guy, he was also one of the minor bad guys in National Treasure. He has a line like, "Why do things like that never happen to me?" that I found funny, and then I realized that he looked rather familiar!

I've never read the book, though I think my sister has. I wouldn't go see this in theatres, but I would like to rent it eventually. Maybe I'll try to read the book first.
Arwen

Post by Arwen »

WOW! Now that you said that...

I haven't seen Christy in probably years...but now I know where I recognize that guy in National Treasure from...that's cool!

Oh, and I have the book now, but I have a bunch of books, so I'll read it when I can...
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Catspaw wrote:Really? Cool! If I'm thinking of the right guy, he was also one of the minor bad guys in National Treasure. He has a line like, "Why do things like that never happen to me?" that I found funny, and then I realized that he looked rather familiar!

I've never read the book, though I think my sister has. I wouldn't go see this in theatres, but I would like to rent it eventually. Maybe I'll try to read the book first.
Yes- he was in National Treasure. I was so happy when I saw him in that! :)
Meo
Fourscore and seven

Post by Meo »

whats a sin eater besides the movie title one of my friends saw it .
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

*thread merged*

Has anybody watched The Last Sin Eater? The title sounds rather odd, but it's a really awesome movie. :yes: I watched it for the first time yesterday and it's very powerful and amazingful. It's rather scary is places but I doubt any of you would care, most people on here are older than me. ;)
It's a Christian movie directed by Michael Landon Jr., I would suggest you check it out. \:D/

Oh, and here's a trailer for you to check out. \:D/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBJpmbbERFk

Beware, this post was written by a brainless sicko. Please ignore any part that doesn't make sense to you.
Last edited by InHisArms on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
The good ol' ToO.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I watched it. :D It is a really good movie.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've watched it, and I liked it. :D I have to say that the book is better though. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I've watched it, and I liked it. :D I have to say that the book is better though. ;)
This is one of the few movies I've watched without reading the book first...I should probably read the book. :P Though I'll be disappointed if it's very different from the movie. :(
The good ol' ToO.