Why is this happening?

No, I'm Serious. Why?

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Jelly wrote:As amusing as it is to see people refusing to let this gong show die, I'm surprised to see Dan and bookworm continuing to encourage it. I would have expected some of the more established ToOers to know better. Dan, the PM function is for situations exactly like this. Flaunting your chat room authority in a public thread is a mark of immaturity, and is not the proper way to handle a situation.

Wooton, buddy, the thread had been silent for like a week, there was no reason to revive it. ;) If you have personal vendettas or if you feel as though you've been treated unjustly, you are free to personally contact the administration privately.
How was I flaunting? He claimed he was banned unnecessarily, I refuted the fact.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jimmy Barclay
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Jimmy Barclay »

DanP740 wrote:
Jelly wrote:As amusing as it is to see people refusing to let this gong show die, I'm surprised to see Dan and bookworm continuing to encourage it. I would have expected some of the more established ToOers to know better. Dan, the PM function is for situations exactly like this. Flaunting your chat room authority in a public thread is a mark of immaturity, and is not the proper way to handle a situation.

Wooton, buddy, the thread had been silent for like a week, there was no reason to revive it. ;) If you have personal vendettas or if you feel as though you've been treated unjustly, you are free to personally contact the administration privately.
How was I flaunting? He claimed he was banned unnecessarily, I refuted the fact.
I believe that he feels PMing wooten would've been a better move, thus preventing the public from jumping in on the controversy.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Thank you, Jimmy. ;)

Also, in response to this thread..

seriously guys.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:I'm surprised to see Dan and bookworm continuing to encourage it. I would have expected some of the more established ToOers to know better.
I’m surprised to see you think I was encouraging it. I linked to a thread I made to end the discussion on forum confusion once and for all. Since he commented on his confusion, I was under the impression it would aid him, and any others that saw his post.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I was not encouraging it either.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

To be fair to Jelly, he was probably referring to how you continued to go back and forth on the matter instead of just a couple posts.
But to be fair to you, it was important to make sure a resolution was publicly visible, because the accusations were significant.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Marvin D. wrote:As long as people keep posting in this thread, nothing is going to get resolved. Ever.
The problem is that everyone keeps complaining how tired they are of this and then people feel the need to reply, and more people feel the need to reply. Then when we finally end the cycle, someone else posts an issue, and then the whole thing starts up again.

So I vote that we just keep one thread to contain all of this and then everyone who doesn't like it can avoid it.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."