NaNoWriMo

Who's on board for this year?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

So once this is over, will you guys post your novels? (or the link to them at least?)

\:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AB0 ... t?hl=en_US

That's where I'm gonna attempt to write most of my novel. My sister said Google Docs tends to get slow when you have a lot, and 50,000 is A LOT, so I may not get to write on that document all month, but oh well! I give out the link so people can watch me write or read what I've written, since this year I have a lot more friends and peeps to share it with. Last year it was my AIO novel and no one understood me.

And yup, I'm doing it this year. I finally just went "I'm gonna do it!" and took one of my ideas from this summer and have been working on it. I'm still outlining, but oh well. It will be REALLY random, really fun, and really mind bending. :D

I have most of you as buddies, I believe. If not, add me! http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participant ... il-maxwell The site is going slow right now because part of the world has started November. 10 hours and 37 minutes till midnight for me! But I'm not staying up till midnight. Still getting over a cold, and class tomorrow, and a test on Wednesday. aksjdflajsdkfkjasdf

I remember last years novel/my five year novel *same novel*, I started posting it on LJ... didn't post it all, and it hadn't been edited or anything. *facepalm* Will I ever get back to that novel? Who knows. Haven't touched it in a YEAR. Okay, 11 months.... lol.

I'm all pumped up for this. EVERYONE READY?! Or at least excited?! lol.

Oh, and Termite - I'm doing FF too. Disney Princesses and Norse Mythology/Thor movieverse - so, while it may never get published, just call it a novel. :D Mine is never gonna see past the internet, but oh well.

PS: as for the forums, I neglected them last year, but this year have been avid for about the past two weeks, chatting to people and just entering convos and looking at topics to help my novel, do dares in my novel, and be crazy. It is really awesome and really fun. And this topic is really helpful if you need some bust in the word count area: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/forums/word ... hreads/853 - Write So Many Words If..... :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I can't get over how many writers there are on this forum :anxious:

maybe next year I can actually do this, as I'll be out of school! \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I decided against doing this this year, I just do not have the time right now. Im hoping to do it next year though, and I'd love to see what you guys have written at the end of the month!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

shadowdog wrote:I'm doing it! :D

We have a tutor for writing (we're homeschooled), and my borther, sister, and I are each doing one.
*gulp*
I've always wanted to have a borther! \:D/

Writing is not my strong suit. :P I'm horrible at it. People always tell me that I have too few adjectives or I need more adverbs. Something like that. :P
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Writing is so awesome :inlove: I can never get enough of it.

On the other hand, math is the most annoying thing ever :x
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:Writing is so awesome :inlove: I can never get enough of it.

On the other hand, math is the most annoying thing ever :x
I completely agree. I could not agree more!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Math is the best! I love math!

((and Geometry really isn't math. at least proofs aren't. it's logical reasoning. :P)) (((very stupid logical reasoning)))
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Math is so hard! :mope:

Writing, grammar and English are much easier.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Whitty Whit wrote:Math is the best! I love math!

((and Geometry really isn't math. at least proofs aren't. it's logical reasoning. :P)) (((very stupid logical reasoning)))
I disagree with the first statement, and agree with the second. I had a geometry test today. :p

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Only a few hours until the madness begins! \:D/
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Keep us posted, all you crazy writer people. ;)

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

They'll be too busy writing! :p

Does it make a difference that people are in different time zones? :anxious: Does the month end at one solid certain time for everyone, or does it end at different times depending on the writer's time zone?
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

#-o I forgot this started tomorrow. I'm glad I outlined the first 12 chapters though \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Having fun yet, guys? ;)

How on earth can you juggle schoolwork and writing 50,000 words all at once?

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

One makes time for the things they prioritize. :yes: That, and we splurge on weekends. :-
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Today, while not done writing, I wrote during class.... because we were talking about Coping Mechanisms and uh... those aren't hard to remember and stuff. Plus, this lecture won't be on the test tomorrow.

I do have to study.... for tomorrow....

But, Prioritizing. People can do it. I did it last year. I can do it again. My dad asked me, and I was like "Psh, I'm doing it. Shush."

And ID4J - everyone starts by their time zone. Because while I was waking up on the 31st, yesterday, people on the other side of world were just beginning the 1st of November. The dateline. When you cross it, you either miss a day, or repeat a day - depending on which direction you go. If you go to Hawaii and then to Japan, you lose/miss a day. If you go from Japan to Hawaii, you gain/repeat a day. So, while I am now November 1st, some have already started November 2nd. And the month will end "earlier" *to me* for those in say, Japan, then for me, because of time. Time zones are a huge factor.

I think if it all started as a solid time and stopped at a solid time, it would be not only be very confusing, but would cheat some out of the designated time - 30 days, midnight on the 31st to midnight on the 30th *or, midnight on the 1st to midnight on the 1st*. Plus, everyone writes on their time during the 30 days. We are not a uniform world.

Makes it fair to go by time zones. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then if you need extra time you can just hop in a plane. :)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

With how long it takes to travel on a plane - you'd probably lose some time, not gain any. lol. Even with the way time zones work. Go figure.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Besides, the time zone thing goes by where you list your location as, I do believe...

I FORGOT IT STARTED TODAY. :mad: Too much other stuff... I need time, and it's only the first day! *weeps*
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein