Introducing enforcers of Catsville - revised

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Gaius wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Marvin, why didn't you "warn" Taps for his breaking of the rules?
He is a moderator and should know better :noway:

I am very sorry Marvin, I will try harder.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:Are we allowed to edit posts with grammatical errors? \:D/
No, that would actually go against my goal, which is to teach people to use appropriate grammar, spelling, and manners on their own. If somebody else is always fixing errors, then the people who made the mistake are not the ones learning. People need to learn to do the right thing. They just need some motivation to help them see the errors in their current ways so they can fix the problems on their own.
Then why did she do it anyway?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Catspaw wrote:If you do edit a post for any reason, please do add an italicized note explaining why the edit occurred, same as usual.
Possibly because of this :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Monty wrote:Hey, does anyone know if this has happened before in the ToO's history, namely an admin or pair of admins removing mod powers from one person and making a new person a mod for the duration of their term?
According to my memory and research, no it has not!
*celebrates history being made*

There has been a midterm appointed moderator before. During Term 2, Catspaw made Top a mod because EB was unable to be very active. So in essence he was a replacement, but EB was not demoded.
Last edited by bookworm on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I was made a mod after DAM was unable to be as active, and I believe she was de-moded. Not sure on that though, Regis would know.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If she was, I didn’t find a record of it. She wasn’t removed from any of the lists.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I wouldn't think she would be removed from the lists, since she was indeed a mod for awhile before stopping. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

True. :yes: We’ll need one of the Term 16 admins to confirm then.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I believe that Laura is correct. I think that DAM had asked to be removed as a mod because she would be so busy, but she still wouldn't have been removed from the announcement list.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Can someone please provide a link to the announcement of the change?
If there was one.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

No, the one where Laura was made a replacement mod during Term 16.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yeah, I can't find anything. I actually just went and searched through my PMs, and I responded to Regis's PM less than an hour before KBT posted the original mod announcement thread. :-k So - that means I was in from the beginning, however, I really seem to remember replacing DAM! :mad:

Also, while searching my inbox, I found this PM from EK, so I apparently replaced Irwin. Not sure if that's what I'm remembering, or if I'm just going crazy. ;) There wasn't any announcement about this replacement, either.
EK wrote:Image
To replace Irwin on the mod team...since he's leaving and all that. WHADDYA SAY!? :x
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Interesting. I’ll look into that.