I declare this Thread my Micro-Town!!!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I will ask once again, what position may I hold?
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Senator bookworm submits the following proposal for consideration.

Funds designated for the Smallville Treasury will be held by the Smallville Treasurer. They may be accessed by the Smallville Mayor for uses that have been approved by a majority of the Smallville Senate.

Senators, please either submit your own proposal on this matter or voice support for this one.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I support Senator Bookworm's proposal.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I support Senator bookworm's proposal as well.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Taps, sir? I would still like to become a citizen and be appointed to a position.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I am also pending.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then Senator bookworm’s proposal will be introduced for deliberation.
*bangs gavel*

Senate Proposal 9 - Creation of a Smallville Treasury
Funds designated for the Smallville Treasury will be held by the Smallville Treasurer. They may be accessed by the Smallville Mayor for uses that have been approved by a majority of the Smallville Senate.

Senators, if you wish to state opinions on SP9 or suggest language changes please do so now.
If you have no input on the proposal as it stands, please approve it for a vote.

Senator bookworm approves SP9 to be put to a vote.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Senator Monty approves SP9 to be put to a vote.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Senator Knight Fisher approves SP9 to be put to a vote.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Senate Proposal 9 will now be put to a vote.
Senators, please cast your vote as Yea, Nea, or Present.

Senate Proposal 9 - Creation of a Smallville Treasury

On SP9, Creation of a Smallville Treasury, bookworm votes Yea.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Bookworm sir,

Could I bring out my plans for the latest and greatest i-device?

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Before the Senate, or before the town?
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I'm not sure... To get them approved I probably need them to go before the Senate... :anxious:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Probably not actually, if it only concerns business plans then the Mayor’s approval should suffice. :)
Taps

Post by Taps »

I approve of the new i device!
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

On SP9-Creation of a Smallville Treasury, Senator Monty votes yea.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Taps, sir? I still would like to know what being town councilman means... I am town councilman, right? :-s
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

*unfurls papers*

*drumroll*

Announcing the iPad 3! \:D/

This revolutionary tablet now comes outfitted with a 30 hour battery, retina display, Facebook integration, a lower price, ($400 for a 32 GB) and a complimentary $25 iTunes gift card with every iPad purchased! Hey I can dream, right?

What do you think, Mr. Mayor?

Taps

Post by Taps »

Shakespeare wrote:Taps, sir? I still would like to know what being town councilman means... I am town councilman, right? :-s
Sorry Shakespeare, I meant City Planner. Click on the spoiler and you will see what you need to do \:D/

City planners help design cities and make such determinations as the height of buildings, the width of streets, the number of street signs, and the design and location of street “furniture” (everything from bus stops and lampposts to newsstands and wastebaskets). Deciding how a city is set up involves creativity, and a career in city planning demands the knowledge of basic engineering principles, the ability to compromise, political diplomacy, and financial acumen. Strong analytic skills and sheer force of will are required to be a successful urban planner. Every building or structure must be designed with an understanding of its relationship to other elements of the city, such as coordinating the construction of water and power facilities, while still allowing people access to light, heat, and fresh water, or designing housing complexes that will be close to public transportation. Aesthetic design, another feature that the planner must consider, can be the subject of hot debate. The urban planner has to design with an understanding of the policies of the city and create economically viable plans. This last consideration factor can be difficult—urban-planning projects nearly always run over budget and past deadline, and even the most frugal design can be expected to run into opposition from some quarter. The planner begins by surveying sites and performing demographic, economic, and environmental studies to assess the needs of the community and encourage public participation in the process. If the planner is redeveloping an area (as opposed to groundbreaking or landfilling it), he or she must evaluate existing buildings and neighborhoods before determining what can be done to change the standing structures. During these phases, planners work closely with economic consultants to formulate a plan that makes sense for both the economy of the region and the residents. The next step is to create maps and designs. When the architects draft plans for the construction of bridges, radio and telephone towers, and other large pieces of infrastructure, the urban planner works closely with them. The planner does substantial research regarding zoning and landscaping laws. Occasionally, urban planners must also design or refurbish the town’s zoning regulations on building usage, in the manner that is best for the region. He meets with community groups to obtain information on transportation and land usage. Financing is a delicate aspect of the profession, which requires that the planner unite social, budgetary, and developmental concerns to respond to the community’s need for progress, while still presenting a fiscally sound proposal to governments and private investors.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

On SP9 I vote yea.