AIO 25th Live Show - To Be Released?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Well that is an extreme bummer. I know it's for the business and all, but there ARE some people in this economy who actually can't afford to make it, or the tickets will be bought out by the time they can.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Or they live to far away to make a trip like that. :yes:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Or they live to far away to make a trip like that. :yes:
Or they can't go for other reasons like me.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Things aren't as bad as they seem. I emailed Nathan asking why the show won't be recorded or released. He said this:

We never said that the live show will not be recorded. It will be recorded as well as videoed. We did say that we have no plans to release it as a product and that is true. Just because we haven’t formed our plans doesn’t mean that it won’t be released, however. The question on the FAQ was phrased very purposefully. We haven’t decided if or how we will release the show. We could also release it for free or as a bonus feature on another product. It probably depends on how things go at the show.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Peachey Keen wrote:Things aren't as bad as they seem. I emailed Nathan asking why the show won't be recorded or released. He said this:

We never said that the live show will not be recorded. It will be recorded as well as videoed. We did say that we have no plans to release it as a product and that is true. Just because we haven’t formed our plans doesn’t mean that it won’t be released, however. The question on the FAQ was phrased very purposefully. We haven’t decided if or how we will release the show. We could also release it for free or as a bonus feature on another product. It probably depends on how things go at the show.
Personally I think they should just release it. If they are not going to release it then don't even bother doing the show.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:Because technically if they don't have a product of it, it wouldn't be illegal to post it here would it?
It would not. If the material is not available anywhere else, homemade distribution is allowed. It’s called circulating the tapes.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laurie wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:Things aren't as bad as they seem. I emailed Nathan asking why the show won't be recorded or released. He said this:

People should wait to respond to questions like this until after the issue is decided. Personally I think if they can't even make up their minds on whether or not it's going to be released then they should not even do the show. Why waste the money and time.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Usually, when a company doesn't do the "obvious" thing, there's a good reason for it, that the public doesn't know about. They have all the information they need to make the right decision; we don't, and I think they have a good track record with situations like this. After all, think about this: They've made and distributed hundreds of episodes, plus other content, over the past twenty-five years. Given that this fan site exists, they have obviously made many correct decisions in the past, to build such a following.

Considering that history of success, I think it makes sense to wait for info about this from them than to scold them over a choice we don't even know that they've made yet. With their money at stake, nobody has more interest in how the performance goes than them. They don't seem to be worried about how things are going, so I think it makes sense to trust the AIO team's judgement, and not to get worked up about it either, at least not yet.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Bob wrote:Given that this fan site exists, they have obviously made many correct decisions in the past, to build such a following.
Not necessarily. I’m sure this site would still exist if AIO was cancelled altogether.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

If the people making the show didn't know what they were doing to some degree, there wouldn't have been fans to bother to make this site in the first place.
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

OK everyone, calm down.

I also received an answer to my e-mail to Nathan and he made it very clear that, while they don't have plans to release it as of right, that CERTAINLY doesn't mean they won't release it at all, and it is pretty likely they WILL release it.

And this means that Brock was wrong. He said to Reddo that there would be NO product release and it was even VERY unlikely they would even record it for their archives. Both of which are wrong. While I was extremely upset, Nathan's e-mail restored my trust in the AIO team. They wouldn't do such a stupid thing as not even record the show. They are smart people. They have brought AIO this far successfully and they will continue to do so in the future. So everyone, take a DEEP breath and calm down. There is nothing to worry or be upset about.

EDIT: By the way Bob, you are very loyal, even when I wasn't. Thank you for being the voice of reason. :)
Last edited by AIOCREFan on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AIOCREFan wrote:OK everyone, calm down.

I also received an answer to my e-mail to Nathan and he made it very clear that, while they don't have plans to release it as of right, that CERTAINLY doesn't mean they won't release it at all, and it is pretty likely they WILL release it.

And this means that Brock was wrong and got everyone unnecessarily upset. I mean, he said outright to Reddo that there would be NO product release and it was even VERY unlikely they would even record it for their archives. Both of which are wrong. While I was extremely upset, Nathan's e-mail restored my trust in the AIO team. They wouldn't do such a stupid thing as not even record the show. They are smart people. They have brought AIO this far successfully and they will continue to do so in the future. So everyone, take a DEEP breath and calm down. There is nothing to worry or be upset about.

Oh wait, there is. What in the world was Brock telling Reddo? What was he thinking? And why would he tell us stuff that isn't true? I like Brock, especially in the podcasts, but why would you say things that would be sure to upset many AIO fans and it turns out they aren't even true? I really don't know.

If such a thing is allowed, I would recommend that we delete this thread. There is no need for it or a petition now. I'm sorry I ever started it.

EDIT: By the way Bob, you are very loyal, even when I wasn't. Thank you for being the voice of reason. :)
This episode is going to land in that mysterious place where all of the other unreleased episodes are.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

Laurie, did you hear anything I just said?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Bob wrote:If the people making the show didn't know what they were doing to some degree, there wouldn't have been fans to bother to make this site in the first place.
Oh, in the first place yes. I thought you meant what makes this site continue.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

AIOCREFan wrote:Laurie, did you hear anything I just said?
Probably not...

She probably saw it though. \:D/ ;)

\:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

How about a sampler with the 2012 live show and Christmas Around the World, I & II? ;)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

AIOCREFan wrote:Laurie, did you hear anything I just said?
I read what you said but I'm not deleting what I said. I will believe what you said if or when I have the episode in my hands.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
snubs wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Who is Brock?
Brock is the guy who runs the AIO Facebook fan page, and helps with AIO official podcasts.
Yes, his title is 'product marketing director' at focus. He took over for Josh Shepherd a few years ago. You really haven't been around in a while, huh? ;)
To put it it mildly ;) So is Josh working for Focus anymore?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Well that at least sounds more hopeful. \:D/
AIOCREFan wrote:OK everyone, calm down.

And this means that Brock was wrong and got everyone unnecessarily upset. I mean, he said outright to Reddo that there would be NO product release and it was even VERY unlikely they would even record it for their archives. Both of which are wrong. While I was extremely upset, Nathan's e-mail restored my trust in the AIO team. They wouldn't do such a stupid thing as not even record the show. They are smart people. They have brought AIO this far successfully and they will continue to do so in the future. So everyone, take a DEEP breath and calm down. There is nothing to worry or be upset about.

Oh wait, there is. What in the world was Brock telling Reddo? What was he thinking? And why would he tell us stuff that isn't true? I like Brock, especially in the podcasts, but why would you say things that would be sure to upset many AIO fans and it turns out they aren't even true? I really don't know.

If such a thing is allowed, I would recommend that we delete this thread after people have had ample time to read this. There is no need for it or a petition now. I'm sorry I ever started it.

I am indeed feeling much better at this time. :P

I don't think it's necessary to delete this conversation, it looks like a good thought-out one with a happy ending. ;) You could, however, edit the title of the thread, something like AIO 25th Live Show -- To Be Released? :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Jonathan wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
snubs wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Who is Brock?
Brock is the guy who runs the AIO Facebook fan page, and helps with AIO official podcasts.
Yes, his title is 'product marketing director' at focus. He took over for Josh Shepherd a few years ago. You really haven't been around in a while, huh? ;)
To put it it mildly ;) So is Josh working for Focus anymore?
no, he hasn't been for quite a while now.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime