A Discussion of UFO Theories that is not an "Ask" topic.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you believe in UFOs!?!?!

YES!!!!!!!! As in, yes, there are unidentified flying objects out there.
41%
YES!!!!!!!! As in... ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!
No votes
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE, BUT YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9%
YES, NAZI CRAFTS AAAAHHHHRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
14%
YES, OUR OWN GOVERNMENT FLYING FUNNY THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5%
YES, A COMBINATION OF NAZI TECH AND OUR GOVERNMENT AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!
18%
No.
14%

Total votes: 22

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Jelly wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:Is Marvin an Alien?
That is the most amazing thing I've seen all day. \:D/
:( Marvin Martian!

When was the first UFO made? :-k
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

iluvsns wrote:Ah. I see.

Whats your theory as to the origin of 99% of UFOs? And the other 1%?
I... think I've addressed this. ;) Nazi technology or our projects based on Nazi technology and the tiny chance of Soviets getting into the mix. ;) I am unsure of the differentiating between the 99% and the other 1% so feel free to clarify. ;)

If you are asking moreso along the lines of sightings, then I'd say most of them are false/random thing in sky that is normal. The power of suggestion is pretty strong. ;) I'd assume the government would typically not test things where tons of people would see them but who knows? ;)
Marvin D. wrote:
Jelly wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:Is Marvin an Alien?
That is the most amazing thing I've seen all day. \:D/
:( Marvin Martian!

When was the first UFO made? :-k
1561 is the earliest recorded sighting but I'm inclined to think it was just a random astrological event or something... or TIME TRAVELING NAZIS!!! \:D/ But more likely just some weird sky thing. ;)

There are a few random reports in the 1910's and 1920's but I'm inclined to think they didn't really get the ball rolling until the 1930's at the earliest. Our pilots and military personnel started seeing them in the early 1940's.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

What is your opinion upon the Avro Car?

Last edited by 31899 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Joanne wrote:Have you ever seen a UFO??

How many sightings are there a year?
I have not.

There are thousands of reports every year but of course a lot of them are people lying or that saw a balloon or something. ;)

There were recently some over Israel, apparently.

OMIGOSH A DOUBLE UFO!!! OH, IT'S AMAZING!!!!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I found Alien Intrusion to be a very interesting book - I wasn't really up on all the alien sightings, Roswell, Blue Book and all that, so it was quite informative. \:D/

Have you read that book, Top? \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

31899 wrote:What is your opinion upon the Avro Car?

It wouldn't surprise me if the technology for that was lifted from Nazi blueprints. :noway: The timing of its production lines up.
Laura Ingalls wrote:I found Alien Intrusion to be a very interesting book - I wasn't really up on all the alien sightings, Roswell, Blue Book and all that, so it was quite informative. \:D/

Have you read that book, Top? \:D/
I haven't read it, but I'll put it on my list of random things to pick up eventually. ;)

I would recommend this book, though:

http://www.amazon.com/Hunt-Zero-Point-C ... 804&sr=1-1
Steve

Post by Steve »

Where can I purchase a UFO for personal abductions-I mean- use... \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I don't think they are for sale, but if you can get past the guards at Wright-Pat you can probably find something interesting. ;)
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

If a UFO is identified as a UFO, is it an UFO?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Hmmm. As that is its soul designation, I suppose it still is, even though it isn't. ;)

Anyway, to resurrect this thread upon its glorious return to Finneman's, I gift thee all this wonderful link! \:D/

http://www.foia.cia.gov/docs/DOC_000001 ... 015471.pdf

A friend of mine stumbled across this amid our research the other day... and, yes, that is the official CIA government website, not UFO BOB'S DISCOUNT UFO DOCUMENTS.

Yay for the Freedom of Information Act! \:D/

So apparently the Soviets did indeed seize this technology. \:D/
Steve

Post by Steve »

Bill Myers wrote a book that addressed alien sightings as, really, demons in disguise. Any thoughts?
he/him | a little stinker.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I've read some things of his over the years but I don't believe that is one that I have.

I will say I don't at all believe in extraterrestrial life so if someone does legit see "an alien" my inclination would be it is demonic or a man in a funny suit. ;) It is certainly feasible.

Although of course my theory of most sighted crafts is that they are of terrestrial design. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I watched a show about Area 51 recently that had an interesting idea. They suggested that the explanation for the blatant irony of Area 51 (being that it’s the most secret place on earth and even though everyone knows about it because of all the stories the government still denies it exists) is that this was all actually done intentionally by the government in the first place. That they wanted to make it such widespread knowledge it would maintain its secrecy by using all the attention as a smokescreen. It’s counterintuitive, but I get their point. Do you think there’s anything to that? That the government is the one making it such a well known place, in an attempt to actually maintain secrecy?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah, definitely. I skipped to the end of this thread here to read your new post, so I forget exactly what I have addressed in the past, but a good possibility is maybe the place was initially being used as a test site, but all the cool stuff was carted away as soon as it was caught on, but they still make a big deal about the location and threaten to shoot Jesse Ventura when he tries to film a TruTV series there. As I probably mentioned in this thread before, its public documentation that the crashed craft was carted to Wright Patterson Air Force Base (which is conveniently just a little way down the interstate for me).
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Do you mean you think it’s no longer in use, but they continue to propagate it to cover their tracks? I was thinking it’s more of a real time coverup. That it’s still being used, and that’s why all the attention is maintained, to create a contemporary smokescreen, not just to cover past actions.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Do you think there are any spiritual aspects to alleged UFO's? Like demonic activity...or...something? :anxious:
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Dr. Watson wrote:Do you think there are any spiritual aspects to alleged UFO's? Like demonic activity...or...something? :anxious:
Have you watched Unidentified? They talk about that a lot.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Dr. Watson wrote:Do you think there are any spiritual aspects to alleged UFO's? Like demonic activity...or...something? :anxious:
L. A. Marzulli talks about that in his Nephilim books.
Anyway, when you think about UFOs that way, it puts an entirely different twist on it.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

bookworm wrote:Do you mean you think it’s no longer in use, but they continue to propagate it to cover their tracks? I was thinking it’s more of a real time coverup. That it’s still being used, and that’s why all the attention is maintained, to create a contemporary smokescreen, not just to cover past actions.
Well, that is certainly possible as well. I really do believe that the government props up the alien stuff and winks and nods about it just to keep people off track of either their own experiments or possibly what other nations are flying over our land.
I don't think that aspect should be entirely discounted, particularly in cases that are not just a UFO but of some kind of alien thing. However I would assume that most people shouting about being abducted are likely either looking for attention, mentally ill, in some way intoxicated or drugged, or a combination of the above. ;) Although I'd say any more legit sounding alien or ghost encounter is more likely to be demonic if anything at all.

As for literal UFOs, while anything is possible, the previously documented government reports lead me to be more inclined to believe they are man-made in origin. At least things that have been verified. Now the random dude in the middle of the country who sees weird lights in the sky and no other observation is made... well, hard to say. I just think with the sufficient evidence of man-made crafts out there that just saying "A DEMON DID IT!" is probably taking a more far-reaching look at it.

I don't want to go back and gather more quotes... some of you mentioned a Nephalim book series or something... what's that about? I don't see much crossover in UFOs and nephalim but the nephalim are another favorite time waster of mine. ;) I'm somewhat confident, actually, that the nephalim are the basis for so many (Norse, Greek, Roman) mythologies being so similar. Because they actually happened (to an extent). Puts the reasoning for the flood in a much better perspective.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

In Marzulli's books, he said that the Nephilim were children of demons (demon/human offspring, or something like that). Demons were the aliens in the books, so the Nephilim were half alien (which was demon) half human.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.