Log of site issues

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just received another "Safari cannot connect to the server message." The "nice" thing about it was I was going to another site. If I had actually intended to come here I would've been unhappy.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

To make sure it’s a problem with this site and not just my network, each time the site has gone down for me (which has happened several more times since my last post) I have loaded various other webpages, which worked fine, returned here, which was still down, loaded other sites, which worked fine. So it’s definitely a ToO issue.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Each I receive the server message I go to another site. The other site I go to loads flawlessly so it is not my computer or internet set up. As bookworm stated it is definitely a ToO problem.
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

My e-mail notifications are coming again now.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Everything appears completely fine on my end, which tells me it's just taking a bit longer than expected to get through to the rest of the internet. While it's a bit more complicated than this, the simple explanation is that when you try to access "thetoo.com", your computer has no idea what that means or where it is. So your computer asks a DNS server somewhere for the actual location of thetoo.com. If this DNS server knows where it is, it will direct you to it... and if it doesn't, it'll ask another server and so on and so forth until it gets you to where you need to be. However, some servers THINK they know where it is, so sometimes you're being sent to the old location (and get an error) depending on which DNS server is handling your request at that time.

Who your internet provider is also plays a role. The fact emails are flowing again is a good sign... so hopefully we'll see this less and less. But please keep me updated here.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Still having the problem today, but definitely less often. I’m on a different network though.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I haven't had any problems today, so far. I will say that it does seem to be loading faster since the switch which hopefully will continue.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I think I've only gotten that message once today so far. And it does seem to be loading a bit faster. However, my email notifications are still not coming for me.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Definitely, when the site does work, it is noticeably faster. :yes:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm not trying to make anyone having problems crazy, believe me I've been there and I sympathize. I'm only stating what I've noticed and I did say "so far." Also I am working with a new DSL router so the fact that this site is fast could be related to the new router since all of my sites (including the ToO) have been loading faster.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I definitely am not getting notification emails the past few days.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

...and still no sign of email notifications.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

snubs wrote:...and still no sign of email notifications.
Same here. They haven't been coming for quite a while
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Error 502 - Bad Request
The server could not resolve your request for uri: http://www.thetoo.com/index.php
I've been getting this message a lot today.
Last edited by Woody on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Twice this morning I've gotten the "Safari cannot connect to the server" message. Is there some issue still ongoing or will this stop some day?
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sorry to hear you’re still having those problems, I haven’t had any issue since the last one I posted.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:Sorry to hear you’re still having those problems, I haven’t had any issue since the last one I posted.
It's not a big deal. I'm not complaining. Shadowpaw wanted us to keep him updated so that's what I'm doing. The ToO still loads quicker that it ever has but I'm still getting the server message every so often.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know you’re not, it’s just strange that I’m not getting them anymore and you still are. If it was indeed the same problem.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bookworm wrote:I know you’re not, it’s just strange that I’m not getting them anymore and you still are. If it was indeed the same problem.
I know it isn't the other sites I go to because I don't get any server messages with them, only the ToO. I also know it isn't my internet set up because if it was not working I would not be able to get on at all, so it has to be the ToO. Whether or not it is the same problem I don't know.
Last edited by Laurie on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I haven't had any server messages lately, but there is still no sign of email notifications.