NaNoWriMo

Who's on board for this year?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Now all of you must post links to your masterpieces. :yes: I want to read them! \:D/

\:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

NEVAH! :x

*cough* Mine's a FF, so unless you've read the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini (which I doubt you would have, Lee. :-k Dragons and fantasy and such) then you won't understand. :( Or Maximum Ride. I did a short one to start my word count. xP
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

^^ please post a link!! I love Inheritance!! :o I actually have the book Inheritance sitting on my desk right now; I bought it last week and I'm saving it for Christmas. \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I want to read them :mad:

And mine is. . .lame. =P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:^^ please post a link!! I love Inheritance!! :o I actually have the book Inheritance sitting on my desk right now; I bought it last week and I'm saving it for Christmas. \:D/
I am highly impressed that you are saving it for Christmas. :worship: It has taken all of my will power to only read a few chapters each day. (My dad bought it for us a few weeks ago, but I'm only about halfway through it because Termite begged me to take my time so that she could finish her fanfiction before reading the actual book.)
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Congratulations everybody! I want to read them, so post links :)
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Gaius wrote:I want to read them :mad:

And mine is. . .lame. =P
Don't worry. This is my fourth year doing NaNo, and I have yet to think the mess I wind up with on November 30th is anything less than embarrassing.

But that's not the point! Be proud of the masterpiece you've created. You did it uniquely, and better than anyone else could have put your thoughts down. I'd say that's cause enough for celebration. \:D/

And screaming at the top of your lungs that it's over. :mad:
don't forget the rain.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Stubborn wrote:
Gaius wrote:I want to read them :mad:

And mine is. . .lame. =P
Don't worry. This is my fourth year doing NaNo, and I have yet to think the mess I wind up with on November 30th is anything less than embarrassing.

But that's not the point! Be proud of the masterpiece you've created. You did it uniquely, and better than anyone else could have put your thoughts down. I'd say that's cause enough for celebration. \:D/

And screaming at the top of your lungs that it's over. :mad:
Yay, I can scream more! \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/strongnchrist

This is Lisa's account...

o.0

It says she's written 47777 words.

I don't understand.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Gaius wrote:And mine is. . .lame. =P
Don't believe this nonsense :x His novel is amazing!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/strongnchrist

This is Lisa's account...

o.0

It says she's written 47777 words.

I don't understand.
She loved NaNo so much. It doesn't really surprise me. She was also spectacular at it.
*insert provocative quote here*
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I saw that. 0_0 The counter can't display last year's word count or anything, can it? Because as great as Heaven is, I don't think they have internet access.

In other news, I finally hit 50,000 today. \:D/ I'm still finishing up my story, though.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Congratulations Amethystic! So what is your story about?
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

If only I knew. :( (My plot is a little fizzled, you could say. My action-adventure novel lacks both action and adventure.)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Amethystic wrote:If only I knew. :( (My plot is a little fizzled, you could say. My action-adventure novel lacks both action and adventure.)
Oh dear... Sounds like an interesting novel \:D/ well 50,000 words is an accomplishment though :)
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I reached midnight tonight with only 49,042 words. I'm super disappointed that after all that work, after all the nights of only getting four hours of sleep, after all the times I had to write while my family was doing something else, that I finished only a mere 958 words short of 50,000. But hey, I'm still very glad that I did it. It taught me a lot about writing, and it was tons of fun, even when it was stressful. Next year I am absolutely determined to win.

My novel is super embarrassing though. :P I'm afraid that certain parts of the plot make very little sense. And it is just full of typos and misspellings that I didn't fix so that I could write faster. Plus the story still has a bit more to go. I most likely am not going to look at this thing again though until January, just so I can have a nice, long break from it. I am not looking forward to January. :P
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yep, take a break, as I said ;) And you still did well!

Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

EMBEE wrote:I reached midnight tonight with only 49,042 words.

Awh! I'm so sorry. But it's still really cool that you wrote 50,000 words in such a short amount of time. Besides, the only 'real prize' NaNo gives out is a free printed copy of your book. Which you can just pay $20 for if it would make you happy. =)

Congratulations to everyone who made it through November. Happy 1st of December to you all! \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Aeva wrote:
Smaug the Dragon wrote:^^ please post a link!! I love Inheritance!! :o I actually have the book Inheritance sitting on my desk right now; I bought it last week and I'm saving it for Christmas. \:D/
I am highly impressed that you are saving it for Christmas. :worship: It has taken all of my will power to only read a few chapters each day. (My dad bought it for us a few weeks ago, but I'm only about halfway through it because Termite begged me to take my time so that she could finish her fanfiction before reading the actual book.)
I'm impressed with myself! I picked it up once or twice just to look it at and speculate how it will end, but I'm absolutely determined to wait until I can devote myself to reading it. If I started now, I would get no study done until I finished.

And actually, I find I prefere reading books slowly. It takes a lot of willpower to put it down, but you can digest what you've read and anticipate what comes next. I just feel disorientated when I read a book straight through in a few hours. To be honest, I've only tried this 'slow reading' method a few times, but every time I did it, I found the plot easier to follow, and the reading of it more enjoyable...

Ok, that post was more long-winded than I intended it to be. :anxious:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Smaug the Dragon wrote:
Aeva wrote:
I'm impressed with myself! I picked it up once or twice just to look it at and speculate how it will end, but I'm absolutely determined to wait until I can devote myself to reading it. If I started now, I would get no study done until I finished.

And actually, I find I prefere reading books slowly. It takes a lot of willpower to put it down, but you can digest what you've read and anticipate what comes next. I just feel disorientated when I read a book straight through in a few hours. To be honest, I've only tried this 'slow reading' method a few times, but every time I did it, I found the plot easier to follow, and the reading of it more enjoyable...

Ok, that post was more long-winded than I intended it to be. :anxious:
Don't get excited. he ended it horribly. Leaving more questions unanswered than before. :boohoo:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I won this year (that is why my activity was low during November here), though is some places it is so full of typos that I can't even tell what I am trying to say. The Books name is The Elephant from the Past, the Man from the Future and the Rock from the Sky And Bob

In the weeks before November, during October, I designed a plot and some characters, but in the first week or so I ran out of plot (it was a time travel adventure story). There for I switched to a megalomaniacs try to take over the world from Mongolia plot, (all the time spelling Mongolia with a 'Y'). By the time I finished my 50,000 words, I only had a one of my planed characters left, (No, I didn't kill them, they just became boring because they were locked up and not doing anything) and I know that one of the guys names had changed just because I didn't have time to go look it up and see what his name was. It is not finished and I don't plan to, that last line is,
"Then all of theese ordanary people for the hairer of those spys."
The sort of sad thing is, that part of the text that I like best, don't fit in with the story at all.