The Next Sherwood Movie

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Christian A. wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:
Rebekah wrote:I want to see it, but I'll probably wait a while. I think that while they don't have the best acting and script lines, they have come a long way, compare Flywheel to Fireproof, big difference. Actually, even in Flywheel itself, the acting improved from the beginning of the movie to the end, (or was I just desensitizing?? it's possible :) )
Lol, I think it's desensitization...movies are typically not filmed in chronological order and they most likely filmed the later scenes right alongside the early scenes... \:D/
Actually, that movie featured an actual pregnant woman who got progressively more pregnant as the movie progressed. And then she had the baby at the end, so it was actually filmed in chronological order. :D

I saw the movie last night, and LOVED it. (That is, I saw Courageous, not Flywheel.)
Actually, that's not true. She had her baby before before the beginning of the film was actually shot, in one scene, she's hiding her stomach behind a pillow, so no, the film was actually not shot in chronological order. (listen to the directors' commentary for more on this.)
he/him | a little stinker.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was kind of interested in seeing this, because while I don't think THEY ARE THE GREATEST MOVIES EVER like some people, considering the budget and talent they are working with, they do a pretty good job. However I saw on Facebook some girl posted "Courageous was great! It reminds me to have the courage to wait for the right man God has for me!" or something like that. And that made me not want to see it. :noway:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

There was one part where the 15 year old daughter of one of the police officers wanted to date this guy that her dad didn't know anything about. Later scene was the dad taking her out to dinner, giving her a ring, and promising to protect her for the right guy someday.
That was only one small part of it though...there was plenty of drug dealers, chases, and shoot-outs in the rest of the film. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Yeah what Laura said. It's not an annoying, YOU MUST COURT AND CALL IT COURTING message.

So I went and saw it the first day it came out. And, I was pleasantly surprised. No the acting wasn't always amazing, maybe it got a little cheesy at times. But what I love is they get better with each movie they make. You don't see that much. The acting was better than all their other movies, they had great chase scenes, and brought in great humor. (Although as a side note I will say that I don't think guys constantly crack jokes when they hang out. Did that annoy anyone else? ) Over-all it was the best yet. Did anyone notice the lack of that annoying older, bad acting "mentor" character that they have had in there past movies? That definitely helped. Oh and minus a few points for having Alex star yet again. I mean really? Find someone else, please. So far (over all the previous movies) he has had a total of three wives, and 5 (maybe six?) kids. I can't keep all his characters separate anymore! "Oh there's the car dealer! Wait now he's a coach, hmm ok. WAIT! A police officer? With kids? I thought he couldn't have any? Oh then he could. Wait, but that was a different movie."

Final rating... 7/10
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Joanne wrote:Yeah what Laura said. It's not an annoying, YOU MUST COURT AND CALL IT COURTING message.

So I went and saw it the first day it came out. And, I was pleasantly surprised. No the acting wasn't always amazing, maybe it got a little cheesy at times. But what I love is they get better with each movie they make. You don't see that much. The acting was better than all their other movies, they had great chase scenes, and brought in great humor. (Although as a side note I will say that I don't think guys constantly crack jokes when they hang out. Did that annoy anyone else? ) Over-all it was the best yet. Did anyone notice the lack of that annoying older, bad acting "mentor" character that they have had in there past movies? That definitely helped. Oh and minus a few points for having Alex star yet again. I mean really? Find someone else, please. So far (over all the previous movies) he has had a total of three wives, and 5 (maybe six?) kids. I can't keep all his characters separate anymore! "Oh there's the car dealer! Wait now he's a coach, hmm ok. WAIT! A police officer? With kids? I thought he couldn't have any? Oh then he could. Wait, but that was a different movie."

Final rating... 7/10
Plus, Alex Kendick was the pastor in the wedding at the end of Fireproof, so you have to complain there too. ;) Although, I thought it was alright having him as the main character in Flywheel and Facing the Giants, because he looked totally different without the beard. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If I made movies I’d put myself in them.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

If Alfred Hitchcock made movies he'd put himself in them.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That’s actually what I was originally going to say. :P
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

You are very wise.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Top is very dumb for not knowing that.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I got to see it when it the day it came out. :D It was an amazing movie! Very powerful and inspiring! I believe that Courageous is one of my favorite movies of all time. I would recommend anyone and everyone to go see it. \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Man it was very good! In my book the best by them, making me: cry, laugh, and gasp from the funny, intense, and funny parts of this movie! Very inspiring.

9.5/10
Josiah
Tallying up

Post by Josiah »

I really want to see it, we have all the other Sherwood Pictures movies.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Taps wrote:Man it was very good! In my book the best by them, making me: cry, laugh, and gasp from the funny, intense, and funny parts of this movie! Very inspiring.

9.5/10
^Pretty much this! Because I don't have to the time to post all the awesomeness right now.
(ecxept the part where he says funny twice...Taps?)

Err... oops. \:D/ Well it was funny ok? \:D/
Last edited by Mimi on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I saw the movie and I loved it. At the beginning I was worried it was going to be kind of cheesy, but then as it progressed I ended up loving it more and more. It seriously made me want to cry, and then applaud loudly. Sherwood has done a great job, just as it did with Facing the Giants and Fireproof. (PS: am I the only one who caught the Fireproof reference in that news watching scene?)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I want to see this movie sooo bad. Only one theater in my area has it, and I might not be able to see it for a while. I watched the trailer and it sends shivers down my spines watching it, it looks really good and the people I know who've seen it love it. I like the Casting Crowns song inspired by it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcm ... ure=relmfu
Last edited by Graces4you on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Joanne wrote:I looked for a topic like this but couldn't find one so I decided to start this. If there is another one just let me know and I will delete this. ;)

So are you going to see it? I am planning on seeing it this Friday, but honestly I'm a little nervous to see it. From what I have seen it looks like a repeat of all there other ones. I'm sure it has a wonderful message and there production quality is amazing, but their acting and script writing is frankly, bad. Any thoughts?

Discuss. :D
Well considering the majority of the actors are church people with no or little acting experience its understandable. However, I think that is what gives the movies such a strong movie because its the church that comes together. Compared to the Hollywood movies its bad acting but the message really does make-up for it.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Amethystic wrote:(PS: am I the only one who caught the Fireproof reference in that news watching scene?)
No, you're not the only one. My brother and I both caught it. I think it was describing the scene where Caleb pulls the ten-year-old black girl out from the burning house. But I wasn't sure.

But in that scene, I was mostly paying attention to how Adam was paying no attention to Emily whatsoever. I could tell from the preview to the movie what was going to happen to her, so I was just looking for a scene where Adam was totally negligent as a father, because I knew it would be a scene like that which would be the last moments he spent with her before the...you know.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I just saw this last night finally :) I loved it, definitely better then the previous two (maybe three, I still haven't seen fireproof...) movies. They did a really good job with it.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I want to watch it. We also have the other movies
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/