ToOers For Democracy

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
church
Pilgrim

ToOers For Democracy

Post by church »

While Catspaw is an excellent administrator, the elections are a vital part of the spirit of democracy that has been part of the Town of Odyssey. The ToO needs to keep that spirit of democracy to make sure the voice of the people is heard. Without elected officials, there is no incentive to listen to people’s concerns and deal with them in a timely manner. The elections also involve people in the workings of the ToO and bring new, creative ideas. They allow an average member to become an admin, or even just get one’s ear as a voter and donator. The ToO needs to maintain its democratic roots and its care for the people of the Town of Odyssey and resume the elections and ensure that elections continue.

As such, I am creating a group that is for this cause. The purpose of the group will be to make sure elections are held by supporting a chosen candidate with funds and votes. The group will consist of several voting members, several of whom will be elected by all group members; several will be permanent council members. The council will vote on whom to support each election cycle. Once a candidate is chosen, funds will be transferred and the candidate will be announced.

If you believe that democracy is something that is worth standing up for, if you believe that everyone should have a voice in how the ToO is run, if you believe that average ToOer should take a vested interest in the workings of the ToO, then I ask for your support in establishing this group and invite you to join.

These are the rules and organization of the ToOers For Democracy so far. It is not complete or final. The final version will be developed by council members once chosen and will be posted at that time.

6 council members

3 Permanent
Grand Poobah
Overall director of the group, responsible for everything the ToOers For Democracy does or does not do

Treasurer
Responsible for collecting and consolidating money

Keeper of the ToOers For Democracy [working title]
Responsible for counting votes, organizing ToOers For Democracy elections, and making sure ToOers For Democracy rules are followed

3 Elected
The “voice of the people” within the group, they are responsible for representing the ToOers For Democracy’s members opinions and concerns

Secretary
The secretary will be a member of the elected members of the council and will be elected by the elected members

Overall Purpose
The overall purpose of the [organization] is to ensure that the voice of the people is heard through the continuation of elections. This will be accomplished through gathering support in both funds and votes for a chosen team each election cycle. This will keep the spirit of democracy alive on ToO and ensure that the leadership of ToO knows the concerns of its people and has incentive to deal with those concerns in a timely and effective manner.

Membership Fees
As a vital part of keeping elections going and supporting a candidate, money will be required in the form of membership fees. The membership fees are to be determined once the council members are selected.

Donations
The membership fees will be a blanket rate and will be small enough to allow anyone to join, as such, they will not be enough to cover all the expenses needed to support a candidate in the election. So donations are appreciated and will be necessary to accomplish the ToOers For Democracy’s goals.

How Canidates Are Chosen
The council will vote on whom to support for each election cycle NLT 10 days before the money deadline for the candidates. The money will be transferred to the candidate NLT 48 hours after the council has determined whom to support.

Tie Votes
In the event of a tie, the Grand Poobah will determine the winner.

Meetings

Meetings to Determine Canidates
A meeting must be held NLT 21 days prior to the money deadline to determine whom to support. A candidate does not have to be chosen at this time. If a candidate is not chosen at this meeting, another meeting for that purpose must be held NLT 14 days prior to the deadline. If a candidate is not chosen at this meeting, another meeting must be held 10 days prior and a candidate must be chosen at this meeting. More meetings to choose a candidate may be held, the ones listed above are the minimum requirements. If a candidate is chosen before a required meeting, the meeting does not have to be held.

Meetings to Determine ToOers For Democracy Policy
These meetings determine the ToOers For Democracy’s rules and structure. These meetings are scheduled on an as needed basis and can be called with the agreement of 3 council members.

Meetings to Determine ToOers For Democracy Stance
These meetings will be held midway through each election cycle to determine new stance the [goup] has on issues and policies, or affirm the old stance. Additional meetings for this purpose are possible, but not required.

Special Meetings
These meeting are meetings called for purposes that do not fall into the other categories.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Church you can count me in. I have political experience and I believe I can contribute to your efforts.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Can't have donut without Rad. Figures :p They're PB&J \:D/

And I've been studying law in history, I don't need more of this here too! :mad:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
OnceBittenRose
Not as new

Post by OnceBittenRose »

church wrote: If you believe that democracy is something that is worth standing up for, if you believe that everyone should have a voice in how the ToO is run, if you believe that average ToOer should take a vested interest in the workings of the ToO, then I ask for your support in establishing this group and invite you to join.
Democracy. Power to the people. Sounds like something I'd join. Count me in.

Gaius wrote:And I've been studying law in history, I don't need more of this here too!
You always need law. Without the law and rules made up by the majority of people; people run amok, days become dark, catastrophe is natural. Thats like the first thing they imply in the "Introduction to Criminology." Law is the backbone for society. Although a certain mount of unlawfulness is sometimes better (i.e. a car crash where not wearing your seat belt was better than wearing your seat belt), laws are generally set in place for your own benefit.

http://theblackrose.forummotion.com/

Sorry no pic that you can click and go to it. It is my new forum.and is up and running again.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Sounds fun. I don't know If I plan on joining, but I will donate some amount to treasury when you get one.
(I support almost anything to make ToO politic more complex.)
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I would be glad to support this venture.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Will this be a violent uprising? :inlove:
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

The Top Crusader wrote:Will this be a violent uprising? :inlove:
Don't you wish that it was...

;)

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Eliab wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Will this be a violent uprising? :inlove:
Don't you wish that it was...

;)
Now if Top joins. . .
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

What are you talking about it is still a democracy. But as no one (Besides me and a few others.) Were willing to commit funds there was no election. It is still a democracy and we will have the next election in four months from what I understand. Has Catspaw done something wrong?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Based on recent events I would consider this. Not absolutely though.

:(

\:D/
church
Pilgrim

Post by church »

No no no, the ToOers For Democracy's purpose is keep elections going by giving organized support to a candidate. Joining TFD isn't joining a group against Catspaw; it's joining a group for keeping democracy on the ToO.

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Ooh okay! I'm in.

Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Do you have someone for me to donate to yet?
church
Pilgrim

Post by church »

Yes, Radgeek is the treasurer. All donations to TFD can be sent to her.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Thank you for trusting me with the funds for this movement.
Last edited by radgeek on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ok as long as it isn't another pointless anti Catspaw thread.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

radgeek, you may want to edit the above post to mirror correct spelling. The current administration is very firm on such matters.

Otherwise, what will be done with the funds you receive?

church
Pilgrim

Post by church »

The funds will be used to support TFD operations. A big part of that will be supporting candidates. I can not give a breakdown of what will be used where as it will be a council decision on how to spend the money, and the exact breakdown will likely change from time to time.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

church, Lee was talking about Catspaw taking it away via fines.

The news of Catspaw's kidnapping is shoking but it doesn't change our goal. We still want elections back and will ensdose canidates when they are.